A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIES ONLY SWAP ROUND 6 GALLERY  (Read 22244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allthoseeyes
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2007 04:45:16 PM »

I came home to a lovely package from Iceland today!   It made my day!   Smiley  Maria did a fantastic job on everything and I can't believe she was worried.  Behold:

Here we have a group shot of the cool lace-up tote bag, watermelon pincushion (I love the button!), and four fabric headbands:

A close-up of the headbands (I'm gonna plan my outfits for rest of the week so that I can wear a new one each day!  I wear headbands all the time and I don't even think I told Maria that  That's just how good she is.   Wink  ):

A close-up of the lacing on the tote bag.  It is lined in that same blue swirly, starry fabric (it makes me think of Iceland...awwww):

And here's a ridiculously cute laptop sleeve pictured with the reverse side of the pincushion and an awesome postcard from Maria's hometown:

I think the laptop sleeve deserves its own picture, don't you?  Isn't it awesome?

Thanks for everything, Maria!  You're the best!!!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2007 04:48:10 PM »

cool headbands!!! Smiley Love all the other stuff too! good job *maria*.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2007 04:50:22 PM »

I too love the headbands. I also love the bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jendecker71
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2007 05:11:34 PM »

I got my package from Julia today also!

First, all my loot together:

This is a terrific bag and matching zippered pouch (change, lipstick, whatever)!

This is a knit hat Julia made for my son.  It doesn't fit, but I have a new niece or nephew on the way that it might!

This is a key cozy kinda thing.  I haven't gotten it figured out yet, but it's an attachment for your existing keyring to keep your keys from scratching up anything in your bag.

These are adorable kid earrings...a boy and a girl!

These are a pair of daisy earrings

These are the most interesting earrings and pendant!  It's funny, but we actually used the same beads...these beads are just like the ones I made her jewelry with!

Thanks Julia!  I loved my package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2007 08:33:13 PM »

I love the stuff Anne made sooo cute! The eyes on that last plushie had me cracking up.

The abacus knitters bracelet is so speaking to my nerd mathematician knitter side, that Jen created!

Love all the stuff it's been so great seeing everything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2007 08:39:59 PM »

CrossStitchin that pin cushions adorable. Reminds me of the Mr Yuck stickers, like Mr Pin Skull there...the rest of the stuff is great and more tetris magnets lol cute idea...wish I had a fridge magnets stuck too.

I love the oranges headband maria made. When I first saw the bag I was like ooo a corset? Had to adjust the laptop screen there, very pretty

Julia the bag is adorable! I am always in awe of anyone that can make anything in polymer clay. I can't draw and I can't sculpt and to make a hunk o clay look like heads, faces and flowers WOW!

There's just so much to comment on....everyones stuff is so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2007 09:05:04 PM »

jendecker71: I love the bag and matching pouch!
CrossStitchinMomma:  I love the Skull & Crossbones Cross Stitched Pincushion

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007 09:07:15 PM by bluwave06 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lamantin
Procraftinator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2007 10:55:52 PM »

Dang - I  learned the hard way that I need to keep going way longer than I think (when I'm knitting in the round) to make hats fit, and clearly this was a pre-learning hat. But I'm glad you'll get use for it! And that you liked all the other stuff, too - I noticed the bead thing too.

I can make you a diagram for the key cozy if you can't figure it out, Jen... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hulk angry! Hulk STASH! /  http://procraftinator.wordpress.com
*Maria*
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2007 12:23:28 AM »

allthoseeys:I'm glad you liked everything,enjoy it Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jendecker71
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2007 05:35:34 AM »

I got the key cozy figured out...very cool idea!

I was wondering if the hat didn't fit 'cus my boy has a big head.  We've recently become addicted to loom knitting and he, my 10 year old, is knitting a baby hat for his new cousin!  Every round he holds it up to me and says, "is it big enough now?"  Knitting in the round on a loom is very easy, but I wouldn't know where to begin knitting with needles. 

I learned how to knit and crochet with books.  My mom is an avid knitter, but she's left handed and I'm right and couldn't learn from her to save my life.  I prefer crochet, because I'm faster at it.  I'm a crafter who needs immediate results, especially when trying something new.  I guess that's why I can't stick with cross stitch...it just takes too long. 

Just so you know, the bag is already in perfect use...I'm looming pumpkins and my yarn and loom fit perfectly in the bag and the pouch is the perfect size for my hook and the scraps of fabric I'm using for stems and needle and thread to finish it off!  So the entire project fits in the bag perfectly!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Spiders Den Quilt Block
Spool Quilt Block
Tea for Four Quilt Block
How to make Thanksgiving Card
How To Make Stylish Gathered Leggings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...