A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,595
Currently Running With Scissors:
804 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIES ONLY SWAP ROUND 6 GALLERY  (Read 17106 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schmidty
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2007 03:30:14 PM »

And just how fast can you knit and crochet?  The pincushion that fits on the sewing machine is brilliant.  I'm so impressed with everyone's swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2007 03:42:57 PM »

Everything is so beautiful. And NO FLAKERS! How awsome is that?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2007 04:32:00 PM »

And just how fast can you knit and crochet?  The pincushion that fits on the sewing machine is brilliant.  I'm so impressed with everyone's swaps.
hmmm how fast? The socks I worked on through the entire swap. They were the 1st things I started and the last thing I finished lol time wise they were a large item taking maybe 10+ hrs because I just don't knit fast as of yet. But, I really wanted to make them for her because I obtained practice form the experience as well.
The market bags were both smalls, they take me maybe 30-45 minutes to make.
The pin cushion was I'd say a medium because I kept redesigning it. The strap for the machine itself is in tunisian stitches so it's nice and stiff and holds it shape, plus I can tunisian crochet like a mad woman, the wrist portion was the thing my husband went "eehhh" after my first design that was just a plain strap with a cushion area, cute enough, but, a corsage for sewing even cuter! Then sewing all the snaps on...I hate sewing snaps on lol.
So it really depends on what technique I am working in as to how fast I am, fastest by far is Tunissian crochet, I can whip a twin sized afghan for a bed in about 4-6 weeks working in graphed pictures.
Mojen is the knitting demon there! I can't believe how fast she produces items...kudos Jen!
I think everyones done a fab job! still excited to see the rest of the packages waiting to come in.

scrap fabric as packing material?? BRILLIANT idea!!! Smiley

Awesome package!

Thanks was really just packing material with the after thought she could actually use it. Helps having a recycling environmentally conscious swap partner.

Everything is so beautiful. And NO FLAKERS! How awsome is that?!?!

Totally cool! We all got to have a positive first swap experience!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007 04:33:43 PM by Bugaboo1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
habitat-lady
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2007 04:33:52 PM »

Bugaboo - simply genious on the fabric for package stuffing - great idea - I'm commiting that to memory! (wonder who needs camo?  LOL)

And the Pin Cushion on the sewing machine LOVE IT! - I'm making a pattern in my head for that out of fabric and elastic. Then I'm going to surprise a few friends with those, as well as my own machines.  I'm not good with yarn or I would try it like that.

I can't wait for the rest of the packages also.

I have to confess - i'm am addicted to this website and swaps now - and I plan on keeping in touch with you lovely folks through this site - this has been fun and rewarding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2007 04:52:36 PM »

And the Pin Cushion on the sewing machine LOVE IT! - I'm making a pattern in my head for that out of fabric and elastic. Then I'm going to surprise a few friends with those, as well as my own machines.  I'm not good with yarn or I would try it like that.

I was inspired by this post
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194205.10

I had to make it multi functional though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2007 05:44:54 PM »

I have to confess - i'm am addicted to this website and swaps now - and I plan on keeping in touch with you lovely folks through this site - this has been fun and rewarding.

I think this is the best part of swapping, especially swapping with a bunch of people that are in the same newbie boat. Smiley  I will personally enjoy seeing your screen names in other swap galleries in the future. It makes me so proud. *tear* Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
habitat-lady
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2007 07:08:38 PM »

**hands Kish a tissue**   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
biggreenfeet

the extroverted intovert

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2007 07:32:19 PM »

Ok people, here is my loot and it is FANTASTIC!

Everything:

The amazing tote bag that I love because I can squirrel away anything and EVERYTHING!

The bookmark, pin and note that she wrote me:

The AWESOME hat made from a recycled sweater with my beautiful wonderful cute cute cute OCTOPUS pin!:

Close up of said hat and pin:

And finally, me in all of my disgruntled glory in trying to take a picture of myself in my AMAZING hat:

Sorry if it was img heavy, but I wanted to show EVERYTHING off because I loved it so. Thank you thank you thank you Leslie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't want a pickle. Just wanna' ride my motor-cickle.
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2007 07:41:53 PM »

great package, BUT where's my PM missy!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2007 07:42:40 PM »

Great stuff! I love the octopus pin and the hats wonderful! LOL The notes a cute touch on an order pad haha love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Enjoy a Fried Chicken Dinner at Oyster Palace in Washington, DC
How to Make Bacon and Maple Baked Beans
Healthy Chia and Buckwheat Cereal
How to Grill the Perfect Burger with Chef Jamie Purviance
The Difference Between BBQ And Grilling
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...