A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIES ONLY SWAP ROUND 6 GALLERY  (Read 17421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

habitat-lady
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007 08:42:19 PM »

I'm glad so many like the witch.  It was turning out so good, I was afraid I wouldn't give it up so I stopped and cut out two more and are finishing them up. 

Funny thing about that witch - someone on CRACKster posted one they made not long ago and I LOVED it and had to make one.  I tried three times to get the curves right for the moon - good thing i have a roll of 50 yards of desert storm material.  And so, I have a crap load of camoflauged moons right now too!  (its okay, you can't see them, its camo. HA!)  If anyone wants the pattern, PM me,  i can scan it and send.

Oh yeah, the bag was a tut i found somewhere - probably here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
Acarpous
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007 08:05:54 AM »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Everything is so beautiful! You're all a very talented bunch!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlehummingbird
Is life worth living? It depends on the liver. Eat.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I'm a Cook.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007 10:33:36 AM »

I totally agree! OMG, everyone's stuff is lovely-absolutely lovely!
I just received my swap from the amazing and talented and wonderful, Biggreenfeet!
However, I am having an adverse reaction to some of the medication for my severed tendon (eww, gross I know!). I just need to rest and take some pepto and I will post as soon as I feel more proper and not nauseated.  Tongue

Did I mention that I love my stuff!

I will respond in just a little bit. Thanks, crafty gals. I'm so inspired by you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mightiest and littlest of them all....

http://www.wists.com/littleplaidpants

I'll swap with you if you wanna swap with me....
*Maria*
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007 10:43:15 AM »

now I'm exited to get my package Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007 11:56:27 AM »

Okay, here we go! Renee spoiled me big time.

I think the quilt squares to get you started are a great idea!
Thats how I teach people to crochet I make a swatch then have them work on it because I find its harder for them to start then to work on the middle portion so it helps to start for them and get them going, build up confidence and skills before making them start on their own.
So I think that was a cool idea to send to you.
i love the bag as well, nice colors and nice size! All the stuff was great, the witch is going to be adorable on your door or wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007 12:00:10 PM »

And so, I have a crap load of camoflauged moons right now too!  (its okay, you can't see them, its camo. HA!)  If anyone wants the pattern, PM me,  i can scan it and send.

LOL that cracked me up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
biggreenfeet

the extroverted intovert

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007 12:13:25 PM »

I love everything everyone has made. Kish picked perfect partners for us! I think you're all SO talented and I am so happy I have had the opportunity to interact and get to know you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't want a pickle. Just wanna' ride my motor-cickle.
littlehajerika
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007 03:12:01 PM »

My box arrived today! And I would have posted earlier but I had to take my dad to get a procedure done on his neck. So here they are!
Thanks so much Steph!

Everything laid out with the wonderful socks in the center!!!!! They were my dream swap item, I love toasty socks! I hate hot sweaters but I love toasty socks! And she filled the box with tons of scrap fabric, which I can never have enough of, especially the pretty textile/upholstery decorator fabrics that she put in.

Action shot! I can't wait to sleep in these.

Bag #1: Super cute crocheted shopping bag! Now I can avoid all the plastic, this is definitly going to the flea market with me tomorrow morning.

Bag #2: Different pattern for a drawstring bag. Both of these bags are made from really soft cotton yarn. Love them!

and finally, what a great idea! Our minds were obviously working the same on this swap. This is an adorable pin cusion that goes around my sewing machine. And the coolest part is that the flower and leaves part comes off and fits around my wrist.

Thanks so much Steph, you were such a wonderful swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007 03:21:07 PM »

YAY!!! I can finally blab about the stuff I made lol Thats the HARDEST part of a swap is when you are done trying so hard not to mention anything until it has all arrived.
I am so so so glad the socks fit! I don't knit much but I knew it was one item you really wanted and it was so much fun making them.
I'm so happy to see the pin cushion fits the machine as well. I had 3 machines I tried it out on, a singer, a kenmore and a bernia and it worked on them all but it was still a tense moment going "Oh no maybe she has a large computerized jumbo model"
And the market bags I perved one on your wist and since I use them myself I had to make 2 because 1 is just not enough. They do hold a ton though!
and I told you the scrap fabric was just packing material lol...really wasn't part of the swap just something I use as packing material thats environmentally friendly, and yeah, I knew you could use the scraps to create so many nice things as well.
I am excited it's done and we're so happy, but, little sad the whole process is ending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007 03:25:44 PM »

scrap fabric as packing material?? BRILLIANT idea!!! Smiley

Awesome package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Minute Portrait Retouch By Matt Kloskowski
Photoshop tutorial - Sharpening and Color
Storm of X-Men Photoshop Speed Painting
"Erase" Unwanted Object in Photoshop
DMQT #4 - Final Cut Pro - Working With Transitions
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...