A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,537
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEWBIES ONLY SWAP ROUND 6 GALLERY  (Read 17420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007 03:14:50 PM »

I'm having just as much fun checking out everyones stuff as it was to make it.
Kaissa did a beautiful job! I love the bag and the fact you sent her the scraps in a very pretty box. You could make matching items! Too cool and I love the colors and design as well.
The bib is beautiful, I agree you should frame it. You know the first time that baby spits up you're going to go EEKKK and wash the bib off before the face Wink

Jen you knit like a mad woman! I've been working on a jumper for like a year, you whipped off a hat, sun in a jar (totally funny), a bag......

I think they all came out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
habitat-lady
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007 04:07:10 PM »

That hat is adorable on that child and the Sun in a Jar, what a great idea.

beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
Kaissa
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007 05:34:26 PM »

Love that sun in a jar! What a cute idea! And that hat! I need one of those in my size Wink

Bugaboo - I figured with the patchwork and all the different colors it might disguise whatever gets spit on it?! hmm..I don't know!

I can't take too much credit for the purse - schmidty picked out that fantastic fabric herself!

Seeing what everyone made is so fun! I check this thread way too many times every day!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2007 06:46:27 PM »

Okay, here we go! Renee spoiled me big time. Today wasn't the best days as I had to frog a sweater (Zephyr Knits Juliet) because I got more than halfway done before deciding it was too big. Grrrr. But then, my day turned around when Renee's box arrived!

Such a cute little note with each item and they're all so great!

Handmade paper (I love all things paper!) Some are imprinted with dragonflies!

A great picture frame (I have so many pics of my son that could go in here!

A starting off quilt kit because I really want to learn!

A Halloween witch for my door! I LOVE Halloween. DS grabbed this right away and was saying "Purple Hair!"

A bag for my knitting with a cute pouch to go with it! So much better than the crappy tote I'm using for yarn right now!

I also got a set of cute little Christmas ornaments but DS grabbed them and lined them all up on his train table. He's asleep right now so I can't get a picture!

THANK YOU RENEE! This was so much fun. A great first swapping experience!

Paige
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007 06:48:32 PM by 615bride - Reason: because I can't spell! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaissa
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2007 06:50:03 PM »

What a great package! The witch is super cute!! Gorgeous bag too - the fabric is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MelancholyMiss
"impure as the driven yellow snow!" - Spike

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007 11:57:55 PM »

Ohhh that Witch Moon thingee Wink  is awesome! You lucky thing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schmidty
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007 05:35:14 AM »

The kids are both sick so I haven't had time to post comments on the great swaps - but I'm lurking and really enjoying seeing what fabbo things everyone is getting.  Kaissa - I have already washed that fabric ready to make something out of it.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaissa
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007 12:24:46 PM »

The kids are both sick so I haven't had time to post comments on the great swaps - but I'm lurking and really enjoying seeing what fabbo things everyone is getting.  Kaissa - I have already washed that fabric ready to make something out of it.   Wink

let me know what you end up making! Smiley I would love to see!!

Hope the kids feel better soon. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2007 03:07:37 PM »

Jen you knit like a mad woman! I've been working on a jumper for like a year, you whipped off a hat, sun in a jar (totally funny), a bag......

I think they all came out great!

Thanks, to everyone!

The secret of knitting quickly is to pick small things  Wink  I've not managed an adult sized garment yet, I think it'll be a hoodie/cardi for myself when I do, cause I know it'll take me ages!!

Love that sun in a jar! What a cute idea! And that hat! I need one of those in my size Wink

It was a really simple pattern, if that helps, I adapted it from a baby hat and just ignored the decreases cause I love box shaped hats on kids  Grin

And I LOVE that witch!  Such a shame we don't really "do" halloween in the UK  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2007 08:06:37 PM »

Wow! I went out of town for a few days and missed so much!

Stephanie - I am so glad that you liked everything! I really had a good time making them and it gave me a great chance to try out new things. The needlecase was my favorite thing I think, I love embroidering and beading on fabric, so it was really fun to do. I am definitly going to make more of those mug cozies for gifts, they are so useful and since I made a pattern it will be easy the next time. Also, I can't really take credit for the idea, since there was a similar knitted version on your wist but as you know my knitting knowledge is SO limited.
And since I don't knit or crochet I had to research how those stitch markers are used and so I learned a little about both while doing that. My only regret was that I didn't take a little more time to wrap everything because everyone's packages look so cute when they are opened.
Anyway, I CAN NOT wait to see what you made too, and I am thinking it might come tomorrow since that is about the length of time it took mine to get to you.

habitat-lady/615bride - That purse is so pretty! I love it! And Paige you were majorly spoiled. I love the witch, of course Halloween is the most craftastic holiday!

Schmidty/Kaissa - I love the purse that Kaissa made too! It's adorable, so bright and fun!

AurelieC Hands down that first picture of your adorable daughter is my favorite and cutest pic of this swap!

BTW, Mojen, you need to bring Halloween to the UK, it's so much fun! Plan a party there is plenty of time!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 08:11:12 PM by littlehajerika » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
High Street Vs. High End Foundations
Theodore Leaf Responds to Your Elevator Makeover Comments
Quick Beauty Tips for Working Moms
How Does Nair Hair Removal Work?
Are Juice Cleanses a Good Idea?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...