A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Barbara G. Walker-a-long?  (Read 18132 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2008 05:56:49 PM »

nope... still waiting on the book.  In the meantime, I've got three sets of socks on the go, and really want to get another "major" project on the needles, but I'm trying to hold off and have been focussing on airing, documenting and organizing my stash to get it all up on Ravelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cynalune
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2008 12:23:48 PM »

is anyone still making sweaters ? I'm late Grin

I have two WIPs. The first is my main project, a sweater in tweed :

I love it but it's demanding all my concentration. I'm making the sleeves before the body because I'm not sure whether I have enough yarn or not.

I have another simpler project that I knit while watching TV :

This one is made with cheaper acrylic. There is eyelets in the back, because I want to add a ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmdm
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2008 02:43:00 PM »

is anyone still making sweaters ? I'm late Grin

I have two WIPs. The first is my main project, a sweater in tweed :
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/cynalune/fait%20maison/contrastingdiamonds02.jpg[/img]
I love it but it's demanding all my concentration. I'm making the sleeves before the body because I'm not sure whether I have enough yarn or not.

I have another simpler project that I knit while watching TV :
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/cynalune/fait%20maison/pullmurier01.jpg[/img]
This one is made with cheaper acrylic. There is eyelets in the back, because I want to add a ribbon.

Oooo, I love the pink cables on the black. I really like the shaped ribbing on the red one, too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 07:20:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting! Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiggy_114
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2008 01:09:11 PM »

Now i'm intrigued.  I never heard of Barbara or tried knitting from top down.  Heck i've only just started using circular needles (Us English girls like our straight pins!) but i think all these pics look great.  Also i hate sewing up at the end and it looks like there's less to do in this method.  Am gonna try source her book and have a good read  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmdm
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2008 03:30:04 PM »

Now i'm intrigued.  I never heard of Barbara or tried knitting from top down.  Heck i've only just started using circular needles (Us English girls like our straight pins!) but i think all these pics look great.  Also i hate sewing up at the end and it looks like there's less to do in this method.  Am gonna try source her book and have a good read  Cheesy

Just wanted to warn you that the book doesn't have pretty pictures, but the information is invaluable. You probably won't see photos of anything you want to knit, (photos are black and white and very dated) but the information will let you design just about anything. And it will fit!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008 03:30:58 PM by mmdm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2008 08:00:49 PM »

Just wanted to warn you that the book doesn't have pretty pictures, but the information is invaluable. You probably won't see photos of anything you want to knit, (photos are black and white and very dated) but the information will let you design just about anything. And it will fit!

I have the 1996 reprint and there's no pictures of sweaters except for the sketch drawings at the beginning of each chapter. There are good pictures of the different raglan increases.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cynalune
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2008 12:34:11 PM »

I've finished the ribbed waist of my sweater and now I want to add puff sleeves.
Do you think I should make the short rows cap and then increase the number of stitches or can I just pick up a lot of stitches to make it puffy but without a cap ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmdm
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2008 06:39:00 AM »

I've finished the ribbed waist of my sweater and now I want to add puff sleeves.
Do you think I should make the short rows cap and then increase the number of stitches or can I just pick up a lot of stitches to make it puffy but without a cap ?

I'd try picking up more stitches, but not all the way around. Only across the top half (well, probably less than half) where you want all the poof to be. You'd want it to fit the same where it goes around under the arm. At some point, you'll need to decrease the poof back out so it won't be a flared sleeve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cynalune
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2008 08:46:38 AM »

Thank you, I'll try that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cynalune
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2008 05:27:27 PM »

I've hesitated for a long time because I didn't want to make a mess; yesterday I decided to try and make the sleeves on my sweater. I've completed the first :

I may have made too many increases, the puff is huge but I like it that way  Tongue
I think I'll make some long, black armwarmers in fingering or cobweb and with a lace pattern to go with it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008 05:28:20 PM by cynalune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Brain (From Pinky and the Brain)
How to Createcustom Window Stickers and Repositionable Window Graphics
How to Create a Reflected Text Effect in Photoshop
Image Reflection in Photoshop - Tutorial
Simple Text Effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...