A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cupcake Stencils on Kitchen Towels  (Read 6121 times)
Tags for this thread: towel , cupcake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Halidays
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007 03:38:40 PM »

i know this is a stupid question, but what parts of the stencil did you cut out?  i'm not a very visual person............. ..thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allthoseeyes
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007 04:52:38 PM »

i know this is a stupid question, but what parts of the stencil did you cut out?  i'm not a very visual person............. ..thanks

That's not stupid.  Sometimes it can be really hard to get one's head around that sort of thing! 

To answer your question, the part that is black is what I cut away.  In other words, I had two separate sheets of freezer paper for each design.  One just had a big cupcake-shaped hole in the middle of a sheet of freezer paper.  The other one was the "body" of the cupcake (the pink part inside the black border) with the facial features cut out.  Does that make sense?  It isn't quite that easy with more intricate designs, but it worked perfectly for me here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allthoseeyes
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007 04:57:56 PM »

Thanks for all the nice compliments.  You guys have made my day.

These were my first attempt at stenciling, but I am now officially addicted!  I think freezer paper just might be man's greatest achievement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ms.cate
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007 05:45:27 PM »

Just lovely! I'm tempted to start stencilling but fearful I may never stop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halidays
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007 06:31:42 PM »

If you could post pics of how you did this, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

love the tea towels!  I want to stencils some stuff for my little monster soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phosphoria
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007 10:56:17 PM »

Must. Have. Cupcake. Kitchen. Towel! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007 07:19:11 AM »

I LURVE it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allthoseeyes
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007 07:28:51 AM »

I always get so paranoid when I make something as a gift, but now I'm feeling better about it!  I put these in the mail to my friend a couple of days ago, so I can't wait for her response.

If you could post pics of how you did this, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

love the tea towels!  I want to stencils some stuff for my little monster soon! 

I'm sure there are many tutorials out there that explain it way better than I ever could, but I will be happy to throw something together when I get off work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atinynap
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007 09:24:58 AM »

LOVE these, they make me smile!

May I ask where you got the towels? I want to do something like this for some friends, but I can't find anything like this for an afforable price. Towels to craft on should not be so expensive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allthoseeyes
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007 11:03:11 AM »

LOVE these, they make me smile!

May I ask where you got the towels? I want to do something like this for some friends, but I can't find anything like this for an afforable price. Towels to craft on should not be so expensive!

I'm still in the market for some better ones myself.  These are flour sack towels that came from Target.  They have 6-packs of plain white ones for, I think, $7.  I dyed these pink, and they took the dye really well.  Target also had a 6-pack of various colors for the same price.  I got a pack of those too, and three of them have already been stenciled!  They are 30x30 inches, which I thought would be too big for what I wanted.  However, they shrink *a lot* when you wash them.  They are also very wrinkly--no matter how much you iron them.  For some reason, the colored ones seem to wrinkle less...like maybe they are made from a thicker fabric?  Anyway, I never go to Wal-Mart but I would assume they have them there too (and they're probably cheaper).  Oh, and I did see some at Bed Bath & Beyond, but they were much more expensive. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Megan Fox Makeup Look
Celebrities Without Makeup
New York Fashion Week: Derek Lam Spring 2014 RTW - Runway Show
Carolina Herrera - NYFW Spring 2014 - Interviews, Backstage & Runway
Cynthia Alvarez: DIY New York Fashion Week 2014 Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...