A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Halloween Swap - Sign ups CLOSED - Send by OCTOBER 9th!!!!  (Read 15034 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2007 01:28:12 PM »

If I could just figure out a way to craft at work I'd be a happy girl. Things are usually pretty slow 3 out of 5 days so it's not like I don't have time to spare. Do you think they'd mind if I brought in my sewing machine and a few bolts of fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2007 01:42:43 PM »

I have always wished I could crochet while my students were doing in class assignments. It would be such a good use of time. Although, being on here is a good use of time too! I just found this Flicker website that has TONS of pictures of vintage crafts. I think it is sure to inspire:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/vintagehalloween/pool/

here's another I just found. it has lots of links to site of collectors, so lots of pics for ideas:

http://www.spookshows.com/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007 01:45:03 PM by sundayafternoonhousewife » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2007 02:09:44 PM »

I can take my portable crafts (like crochet) to work with me and no one minds if I do it when there's nothing going on. It's awesome. It makes up for the internet filter at work that prevents me from being able to visit craftster while I'm there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2007 02:17:33 PM »

If I didn't have the internet at work I'd die of boredom. I think that if I was able to knit or crochet it wouldn't be an issue to do it at work. Unfortunately all my crafting requires that I make a huge mess, get glue and paint everywhere and stomp around and swear when things don't go my way. Man o man do I need a portable craft.

That said, looking for inspiration at work IS fun and productive *off to check out the links*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2007 09:08:36 PM »

I've been needlefelting on my breaks at work.  Sometimes I'll chat with people about what I'm doing, but if I really want to unwind in the 15 min or half hour I have, I also listen to music.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
ShaynaYasha
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2007 06:41:13 AM »

I'm almost done with one of my larger items.  It's amazing what one can create when you plug in the ipod & the world around you fades away while a needle & thread are in your hands. 

-^-
   Wink               <---- my little "vintage" witch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

""Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children."- Eric Draven"
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2007 06:44:31 AM »

Yikes - people are already finishing things.  Augh!

Anyone else suffering from image overload?  So many options!  I'm having trouble refining it down into the specific things I want to do.  I find an image, decide I'm using it for something, find another, and another, and another.  Yikes.  Must stop searching and start crafting!

(Also, is is just me, or have any of you noticed that a lot of those early ghosts look a lot like the same costumes could be used by members of the KKK?  At least that's one small category I know I'm not using Huh )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2007 10:23:29 AM »

Anyone else suffering from image overload?  So many options!  I'm having trouble refining it down into the specific things I want to do.  I find an image, decide I'm using it for something, find another, and another, and another.  Yikes.  Must stop searching and start crafting!

Well, I'm experiencing crafter's block with this swap. My partner gave me some great inspiration in her questionnaire answers but I'm still at a complete loss as to what to make. I think I will start a small item to get into the swing of things. I'm just sure once I get started on something the rest will come more easily. I'm going craft supply shopping today, but I don't even know for what yet - lol. We'll see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2007 12:58:47 PM »

I get time to myself tonight to work on some things...I have a few ideas all planned out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
k^2
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007 01:58:18 PM »

Due to my fast dash to the post office twenty minutes ago, this has become my only swap and I'm excited!  I'm finally ready to immerse myself in to all stuff vintage and Halloween!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come on in, I'll put on a pot of bourbon.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta-Makeover: How to Find the Right Curling Iron for You
Insta-Makeover: The Row Updo
Insta-Makeover: Preppy Hair Gets a Too-Cool Makeover
Insta-Makeover: Curly-Hair Fauxhawk
Insta-Makeover: The Sleekest Short Hair Style Ever
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...