This is a tip in style swap for an altered journal-we are sending pages instead of the whole book so everyone can join in!! You can either bind all your pages into a journal with covers you make OR you can cut the 1" margin off and glue the pages into an existing journal OR mount them in a frame OR keep them in a cigar box till you decide what to do with them......
First round gallery:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=173711.msg1786655#msg1786655
Swap name: Altered Journal Pages (Tip-in) Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: alteredmommy
Sign-up date range: August 27 to September 3 or until full 18 people
Date to send item by: Every Monday - September 10, 17, 24, October 1 and 8
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 18
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
All ages allowed? Or 18+? 18+ Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
*The theme of this swap is MONOTONE COLOUR
You will choose ONE
colour that your partners will use in your pages to create a monotone book.
*Within your partner's colour choice you have complete freedom of ideas and mediums (collage, paint, marker, fabric.....) Black can be used for printing/writing etc.
*Groups will be 6 people. Each swapper will be sending 2(TWO) 5" x 6"
altered pages to EACH
of their partners and a decorated Manila shipping tag as an "artist signature"(with your name, date, signature, a picture whatever you wish to put on)
*These pages include a 1" plain border on one side- the left page will have the border on the right and the right page will have the border on the left. The two pages will open as a "spread"
*Please use a fairly sturdy paper as your base and I would suggest bubble envelopes for mailing
*When you receive your partner list you will also get a send-out schedule (so everyone gets some pages each week) Because of the nature of this swap PLEASE consider the following before signing up:
1. You have successfully completed TWO (2)
swaps with positive feedback. Late sending comments in previous swaps may make you ineligible to join (due to the many send-out dates we must send on time!)
2. You are prepared to SEND
internationally. YOU WILL BE MAILING FIVE TIMES.
Although we are just sending 2 pages, there will be some cost involved.
3. You are prepared to send ON TIME
-this is very important to keep the swap running smoothly and your organizer from tearing what little hair she has out...(stuff does happen, just let me know!)
4. You are prepared to resend your pages within a week
if they are not received within 3 weeks of the original send date.
5. You are familiar with the process involved (altered art) and are confident that you can complete up to five spreadsplease feel free to contact me if you have any questions COMMUNICATION:
Please pm me when you have sent (yes every week)
and when you receive (yes every time)
It would be lovely if you let your partners know as well. Feedback for this swap will be based on communication (there's no such thing as too much) AND timely sending. Sending late/poor communication will be noted in swap feedback.SHIPPING:
Within the USA, a DC# will be required if you are able to get one (USPS requires a package be at least 3/4" thick, you can pad your envelope) Please include this number when you pm me. Everyone sending internationally please keep your postal receipt as proof you have sent. If your pages haven't shown up within 3 weeks, you will have to remake and resend within a week.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (lets see if you paid attention
)QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Altered Journal Pages (Tip-in) Swap Rd 2
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
How many swaps do I need positive feedback for?
How many pages do I need to make for each partner?
What does monotone mean?
What else do I send?
What day is the send-out deadline?
I have a scanner or camera (if no please let your partners know)
I would like to have my pages (name ONE colour)IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
(These were entire books that were sent around, beautiful page examples!)http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=146405.0 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=167771.0
Teesha Moore's journals http://www.teeshamoore.com/teeshasjournalpgs.htmlList of Approved Swappers:
1. alteredmommy (cream/ecru you know..."dirty" white)
2. Katxena (RED)
3. minouette (white- the whole spectrum of white like colours)
4. qazicat (finishing off her multi book-brown, purple, turquoise, pink and orange-one colour for each partner!)
5. squirrelgirl (orange)
6. superhooker (green)
7. little green dragonfly (purple)
8. JoyousBohemian (orange-autumn tones)
9. OriginalYouth (turquoise (aqua/marine blue/robin's egg/blue-green)
10. hardyswanton01 (green)
11. Banga (yellow)
12. babbetto (Blue)
13. Phizzychick (muddy green- think olive, combat fatigues)