A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shedir-Knitty Fall 04  (Read 3813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PrincessJazz
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004 05:39:24 PM »

i keep telling myself the same thing!  i love making hats - so my solution is to make everyone hats for christmas. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004 06:48:50 PM »

Oooh, that's really pretty! Don't you love Knitty??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jane2
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004 09:16:27 PM »

Bless you Kate!

I have spent ALL day -  most of this weekend in fact - looking for the pattern for this hat.
I'd seen it on a knitting blog a few days ago. Couldn't find the knitting blog again, and neither could I remember the exact name of the hat. 

Not great for googling for a specific pattern!

I will now add this to my ever-growing post- Christmas knitting pile!
Thank you again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Dottie
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004 11:09:39 AM »

I am contemplating knitting it for my boyfriend, except, well, you know, the knitting for boyfriend curse. But it is so beautiful, that perhaps I'll knit it for myself!

Lovely job Kate!

-Miss Dottie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emling
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004 07:11:31 AM »

It took you four nights??? Really??  I consider myself a fairly proficient cabler, and it took me about four hours last night to get through the first 18 rows.  Only 66 rows to go.  I hope I make it before Christmas!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
zoe84
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004 07:23:54 AM »

I started this pattern using Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece and Denise US6 needles.  Good thing too!  I gleaned from the yards/weight from each yarn that Cotton Fleece is about twice as thick as the Rowan Calmer. (173 yd/50 g for Calmer vs. 215 yd/100 g for Cotton Fleece)  Usually I can't stand working with thin yarns and small needles (I'm impatient; I need instant gratification!).
I've gotten through two pattern repeats so far.  My last final is today, then I've just one paper to write, and I'm done! (for this semester)
Hopefully I will finish this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004 08:31:33 AM »

It took you four nights??? Really??  I consider myself a fairly proficient cabler, and it took me about four hours last night to get through the first 18 rows.  Only 66 rows to go.  I hope I make it before Christmas!

actually, it took four days, but keep in mind i tend to be a little...um...manic when it comes to finishing a project i'm excited about Roll Eyes  i'll work on it until i can't keep my eyes open...

I started this pattern using Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece and Denise US6 needles. Good thing too! I gleaned from the yards/weight from each yarn that Cotton Fleece is about twice as thick as the Rowan Calmer. (173 yd/50 g for Calmer vs. 215 yd/100 g for Cotton Fleece) Usually I can't stand working with thin yarns and small needles (I'm impatient; I need instant gratification!).
I've gotten through two pattern repeats so far. My last final is today, then I've just one paper to write, and I'm done! (for this semester)
Hopefully I will finish this weekend.

I hope that you ace your final, kick butt on your paper, and post a pic when you are done with Shedir Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emling
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004 09:32:53 AM »

I loooooove this hat.  The way the cables intertwine is almost hypnotic.  I would not recommend attempting this project until you learn to cable without a cable needle, and it's not the easiest hat I've ever made, but the results are fantastic.  I also used Calmer, in a dusty blue color.  It's a gift for my best friend--I hope she likes it as much as I do!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004 07:44:22 AM »

it looks fabulous!  your friend is sure to appreciate such a georgeous gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zoe84
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005 03:39:38 PM »

Finished this about a week ago.  It took forever to knit even using the thicker yarn!  From looking at the other pics, I think I prefer the look of the suggested yarn.  I doubt I'll make another though.

Sorry for the crappy pics!

The decreases only ended up with six points b/c I casted on 96 stitches instead of 128.

This pic shows the rather obvious holes from the increases.  Oh well.

Overall I think it turned out okay.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 03:18:35 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Jubilee Banner
How to Make Jubilee Bunting
How to Make Jubilee Bunting Flags
How to Make Paper Bunting
How to Weave With Ribbons
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...