A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Green Resin and Pretty Necklaces (lotsa pics)  (Read 4566 times)
Tags for this thread: resin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

txgirlinaz
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007 03:29:55 PM »

I love the key necklace that is so my style. I just bought some resin the other day and I got some paint pallets to use as molds today. I have been putting off trying it but you have inspired me to go ahead and do it.
really cool-I'm glad to have inspired you! I just added you to my fave's on etsy. Love those bracelets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my little shop =)
http://www.msbojangles.etsy.com
txgirlinaz
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007 03:31:17 PM »

I think your things are quite nice.  They aren't so plain as to be boring, but are simple in an elegant way that shows off the handmade parts w/o the rest seeming like an afterthought.  I visited your shop and thing that it is very professional because of your choice of images, wording and detail of information about the piece.  I like that you've included chain length, but you might consider including the dimensions of the pendant as well.  Good luck and please keep showing us your stuff!
thanks, that was very constructive and helpful. Just what I'm lookin for!
=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007 04:26:38 PM »

Wow thanks for all the positive feedback guys.
I will definitely go back and add the dimensions to all of those. Do you think the prices in my shop are fair? I have absolutely no ounce of business sense...  Huh

When pricing your stuff consider how much the cost of materials was (including a portion of the cost of things like forms that you use over and over) and also how much time you spent designing and working on the piece.  Then how much money you'd like to make per hour.  After you do that math, add in anthother 5-10% at least for overhead and a 5-15% for profit, if you think you can.

I think your things are too inexpensive - as much as I hate to say it, because I'm frugal.  I'm also a self-employed business person and know that I'm offended when people think my specialized skill set isn't worth more than minimum wage.  There is a crafting for business board on this site which might be helpful.  I haven't looked at it since my business isn't really a "craft", but I bet there is good advice there.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommyshel
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007 04:37:28 PM »

i love your jewelry and when i looked at your stuff on your etsy, i thought DANG that is cheap.  then i read the last comment and she said it was too expensive.  well, i am here to say, girl you are selling your stuff way too cheap.  i know you put more time and effort and materials in the jewelry than $10 or so!!!  if i saw some of your jewelry at a store i would expect to look at the tag and see double what you are asking on etsy....just giving my two cents:)!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommyshel
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007 04:47:55 PM »

okay i did not read the comment before me correctly until now, she said too inexpensive and she is right!!!!  raise your prices girl:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annamnemonic
ghostface killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007 05:16:48 PM »

i know nothing about resin, but the crystal drop earrings are totally inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
txgirlinaz
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007 05:46:54 PM »

Wow thanks for all the positive feedback guys.
I will definitely go back and add the dimensions to all of those. Do you think the prices in my shop are fair? I have absolutely no ounce of business sense...  Huh

When pricing your stuff consider how much the cost of materials was (including a portion of the cost of things like forms that you use over and over) and also how much time you spent designing and working on the piece.  Then how much money you'd like to make per hour.  After you do that math, add in anthother 5-10% at least for overhead and a 5-15% for profit, if you think you can.

I think your things are too inexpensive - as much as I hate to say it, because I'm frugal.  I'm also a self-employed business person and know that I'm offended when people think my specialized skill set isn't worth more than minimum wage.  There is a crafting for business board on this site which might be helpful.  I haven't looked at it since my business isn't really a "craft", but I bet there is good advice there.

I will check that out, you have been sOo helpful. I'm just afraid that if I DO raise the prices, I REALLY won't sell anything. Is there a typical time period in which things are sold on Etsy or is it always this slow?
Is ebay a better option? sorry for the million questions...
thanks again
=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

txgirlinaz
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007 05:48:53 PM »

okay i did not read the comment before me correctly until now, she said too inexpensive and she is right!!!!  raise your prices girl:)

thanks! How much should I raise them? I'm so not business savvy...
=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allyinthevalley
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007 05:55:14 PM »

I agree that the prices are too low (though not for me, because I'm broke  Embarrassed ). I would expect them to be priced about double what they are. We're in the middle of buying a house right now, and extra money is going toward that. Otherwise I would be buying up everything you've made RIGHT NOW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007 06:16:12 PM »

I don't have etsy experience so I can't answer those questions, but doubling your prices would still make them very affordable.  If your things are too cheap, people looking for quality items will be suspicious that yours are not. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 3 NFL Looks For Women
Style Sound Off: The Brits Go Head-To-Head
How to Do Metallic Fashion
Shakira: Steal Her Style
Sundance Festival Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...