here are the chandeliere earrings. i'm giving them to my friend as an x-mas present. i worked on them non stop and it took me about 2 1/2 hours.
okay, here goes the tutorial
32 and 26 gauge wire
flat and round nose pliers
beads (60 for this project)
1) First, lets look at where all the beads will go
2) begin by taking a piece of wire and making a loop at the end with your round nose pliers. i usually make them about 1 1/2 cm long, depends on how thick your bead is. place bead and make a loop at other end going the opposite direction. this is with the 26 gauge wire. like so:
do this for 46 of the beads. remember you have to reserve 7 x 2 beads that go on the horizontal wire.
3) after you do this for all 46 start linking them. you need 4 links of each: 2, 3, and 4 beads. you only need 2 links that are five beads long.
4) take the 32 gauge wire and make a loop at the end. put in a bead then a 2 bead link, then another bead and a 3 bead link and so on. when you put the 5 bead link go back to 4, 3, and finally 2. do not put a bead after the last link. there should only be seven beads across the top. now close off the wire with another loop, like so
5) now take some of the 26 gauge wire and make a total of 16 loops in the shape of an eight. then link 4 together so you will have four links with 4 loops in them like so
6) take the links and hook one on each loop from the 32 gauge wire and then link them on the loop in the earring hook
if i'm correct, this is it. i'm sorry if my tutorial is confusing!
i'd love any feedback!