A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Innocent smoothie/age concern uk Big Knit KAL (mini Hats)  (Read 13534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007 08:41:40 AM »

hee hee (can't help it) how adorable! it looks like a lil wig, i love it!

here are my new ones:

skipper modeling the red orange and yellow hat.

a pink and purple hat

my earflap hat! i even put in kitty ears, hahahaha. the earflaps were stitches picked up along the bottom and decresed to a point, and so were the kitty ears. this was a sock yarn! lornas laces sock yarn and it make stripes because i was knitting something tiny!

I've been using knitpicks palette wool yarn (fingering/ 4 ply weight) for the most part and #1 (eek) double pointed needles to knit in the round.

my stitch n bitch friends love the little hats and i'm going to try to convince them to make some with me.

oh and i signed theknittingbee's petition!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
RubyTuesday
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007 09:39:47 AM »

Oh those are just the sweetest little hats  Grin

the earflap one worked out really well Smiley
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007 09:41:34 AM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladypenelopejane
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007 10:40:30 AM »

My crafty housemate and I are making hats as part of our knitting circle. Rather than collecting them in a bag until we send them off they are currently keeping every condiment, and suitably sized bottle warm!

I have yet to get round to pom-poms but have to agree that these are certainly stash busters and instant gratification with no guilt. However trying to explain to colleague as to *why* I am making hats for drinks is getting a little waring!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheKnittingBee
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007 03:44:53 PM »

However trying to explain to colleague as to *why* I am making hats for drinks is getting a little waring!!!!
Oh, I know that feeling. I've been trying to drum up support for my pledge among friends, which entails an email along the lines of: "Want to knit a mini-hat for a smoothie bottle?!" It's not as bonkers as it sounds, honest  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007 11:39:58 PM »

i cant knit in full size very well, let alone miniature, but i think these are awesome...

i am curious...what is age concern? is it like wrinkles? or alzeheimers? or do i sound so utterly ignorant right now that you are laughing (i swear im actually rather intelligent, i just dont know the term)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
RubyTuesday
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007 12:23:33 AM »

...I am curious...what is age concern? is it like wrinkles? or alzeheimers? or do i sound so utterly ignorant right now that you are laughing (i swear im actually rather intelligent, i just dont know the term)

Grin it's an organisation in the UK whose mission is to promote the well-being of all older people and to help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience!

http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConcern/default.asp

I think the drink manufacturer and Sainsburys (large uk supermarket chain) are donating 50p (Approx $1) for every hat sent in and then the drinks they sell in November wear the hats! - that's from memory so (given my age!!) i may have got some of it a bit wrong!! but you'll get the gist!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007 12:34:21 AM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladypenelopejane
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007 12:46:03 AM »

I was at a knitting circle event on Tuesday and they had an Age Concern chap there and he explained the hats! They are to raise awareness of fuel poverty and the troubles older people have keeping warm in the winter when they don't have enough money to heat their homes properly.

We knitted over 101 hats at the group with loads of other people joining in many who had never knitted before. Including some very confused bar staff at the cafe/bar the group meets in!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JamyKate
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007 02:56:05 AM »

I take part in this every year.

Here are some of my offerings in 2006. I ended up knitting over 40.

http://fromfleece2fantastic.blogspot.com/2006/10/innocent-hats.html#links

This year I want to do some Tams and more adventurous styles, that flikr group has some smashing ones.

Just a pity that our local Sainsbury's don't seem to get them. Has anyone actually seen the smoothies wearing hats in their supermarket?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007 02:52:31 PM »

tams! i can't wait to see what you make this year.

i'm in the U.S. so i've never seen the drinks with hats, or even the drinks alone!

if i went to the supermarket and there in the fridge was a bunch of drinks with little hats on them , i'd probably do a bunch of cartwheels around the store before deciding what a reasonable amount of drinks to buy without seeming insane.

actually, i had seen a picture of the drinks with the hats on in the store- it was in someone's blog and they didn't mention innocent or age concern, so i thought that someone had just come around and put little hats on drinks at the store- as an act of some sort of knit graffitti.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007 04:19:35 PM »

These are so cute that I just have to try it.  And the website makes me want to move to the UK.  We have nothing this awesome over here.  Drinks with hats?  Stoooopid.  Invading other countries?  Whoo-hoo!  Tongue

Plus, I'm going to pass the info along to a crafty charity group I belong to. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ted Bell Talks About Tsar
Eric Weiner Talks About The Shadow Market
Buzzy Jackson Talks About Shaking the Family Tree
Adrienne Vrettos Reveals Her Favorite Words
Rita Cosby Talks About Quiet Hero
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...