A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first japanese books!  (Read 4561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007 07:37:46 AM »

I totally missed the call for the sock critter's ISBN - sorry!
It's 986-82004-6-6...

And I think it's Chinese, not Japanese - but again, it has awesome pictures and I can't read neither language, so makes no dofference to me.

By the way - Sock & Glove is okay, but not that great. Some funny critters, but many call for gloves instead of socks (which are way more difficult to obtain). Nice pictures, but I thought there were other books out there with more info.

I actually love "Stupid Sock Creatures", though I hardly ever sew monsters - the tricks in that book are still extremely helpful and the book in itself is tremendous fun.

Thanks! that's good to know! I have no problems finding the knit gloves in the winter time. Our local family dollar/dollar general stores sell the pairs as well as the grocery stores, and dollar stores. Smiley
And it's getting close to winter here. It's supposed to be fall but it's way to warm. I get the feeling we are going to just jump from Summer to winter and totally skip fall like last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gilowyn
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007 11:55:48 AM »

It's definitely fall in Germany - and I just turned on the heat today. Smiley

I tried finding gloves 2 months ago, that was part of the problem I guess - but even in our cheap stores, the affordable gloves are usually 100% acrylic, which I hate to work with. And a nice pair of mostly cotton socks will cost me app. 1-5$, depending on how much I want a certain design. I just paid 6$ for the coolest socks with skulls on them, and 4 for a very nice quality with exactly the colors I needed... but yeah, I am weird.

The people in our local store where I do most of my sock shopping were looking at me weirdly till I explained - not because I was buying so many socks, but because I was buying all sizes. Kids, men - as long as I liked the colors, I didn't care about the size. And I once asked to buy one abandoned sock, which they thought was weird - and they actually found the second sock somewhere in the store! It's the brown puppy in my store. Worth the hunt. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MTANDG
Trip the light Momtastic!

I painted this years ago, it is called The Dreamer

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007 10:00:03 PM »

It's definitely fall in Germany - and I just turned on the heat today. Smiley

I tried finding gloves 2 months ago, that was part of the problem I guess - but even in our cheap stores, the affordable gloves are usually 100% acrylic, which I hate to work with. And a nice pair of mostly cotton socks will cost me app. 1-5$, depending on how much I want a certain design. I just paid 6$ for the coolest socks with skulls on them, and 4 for a very nice quality with exactly the colors I needed... but yeah, I am weird.

The people in our local store where I do most of my sock shopping were looking at me weirdly till I explained - not because I was buying so many socks, but because I was buying all sizes. Kids, men - as long as I liked the colors, I didn't care about the size. And I once asked to buy one abandoned sock, which they thought was weird - and they actually found the second sock somewhere in the store! It's the brown puppy in my store. Worth the hunt. Smiley

Love the puppy!  You are not weird, totally normal!  I put out a post over our local freecycle group for 'ugly' fabrics and socks...a few years ago I hit a bonanza of 60s and 70s fabric that was just hideous but so lovely at a garage sale and the lady practically threw it at me and I used it everywhere and made my first 'gals' from socks and dressed them in the funky clothes I made from the fabric and my youngest daughter just adores them and took them from me never to return.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.momtasticstitchery.blogspot.com/

Yep I could do a personal swap!
gilowyn
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007 06:23:03 AM »

Yeah, I love ugly socks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007 07:04:21 AM »

Yeah, I love ugly socks! Smiley
And isn't it funny how ugly socks make the most unique and adorable critters?
I made a sock monkey for a swap and the socks alone were the most ugly shade of grey with red and blue argyle. But as a monkey he was really adorable!
this was before his mouth.

And after.
and the sock elephant I made was the same way:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/MrsHallsCrafts/starry.jpg
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 07:05:29 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gilowyn
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007 03:25:57 PM »

So cute! I am always looking for argyle socks in hideous colors... Burlington is good for those.

I'll be sock shopping again tomorrow - no time today. As always. But I finally listed my Hamburg and skull monkeys, so I am happy for now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlettholly
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007 12:56:19 PM »

I really want some japanese books!! The 190 mascot one - are the cute little critters mostly 2dish?? they look really awesome!!

saucylouise on etsy usually has a fantastic selection of books as well

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffanyorr318
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011 10:45:07 AM »

I've been trying to locate these books by ISBN with no luck!  Does anyone have any tips on how to find these Japanese books?  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Barbecued Lime and Lemon Grass Pork
How to Cook Mini Lamb Satays
How to Cook Chinese Pancakes
How to Prepare a Thai Breakfast
How to Cook Thai Chicken with Coconut and Basil
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...