A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loads of stenciled shirts for my boys***now with tutorial**  (Read 9950 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007 09:43:34 AM »

They are all awesome!!!! Cheesy Thanks for the tips!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007 03:20:53 PM »

I attempted my first two shirts last night.  One looks awesome and they other ok.  I have two questions:

- how do you get the white to be sooo bright on a dark shirt?  I did white on a navy blue shirt and in some places it's bright white and in others it's white but you see the navy blue through the white.  Do you let it dry and do a second coat of white or do you simply go over it a few times with the white paint before letting it dry?

- one of the shirts seems to have lots of little fuzzy pieces of tiny little "hairs" of the material (not sure there is a terms for it) and they are colored the paint color but stand up against the colored shirt and it makes the lines like less clean.  Do you iron the shirt first to avoid this?  Maybe it was just a weird shirt....

FYI - this week at Michael's the hot knives are on sale $14.99 (they are by the clock making materials)  If not they are at WalMart for $24.99

THANKS so much for posting this, it was REALLY easy.  I am going to try a few more this weekend and I will post all the pics when completed.

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007 04:17:02 PM »

those are soo cool   --just fyi for those wanting to stencil...another way that I think is pretty easy is using freezer paper as your stencil you iron it onto your fabric (after cutting out your design with the exacto) and then use regular acrylic with a little textile medium (from evil wal mart) added. air dry for about 24 hours or more.. then heat set. I haven't done a ton with it but so far it is pretty easy and has worked well.   great shirts for your boys!!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008 06:50:25 PM »

I saw your post and was so inspired I HAD to make my own!!
unfortunantly my printer is without ink so printing out the more complicated this i had wanted to do wasn't feasible so for now i've done these.

Yeah, i did this one today.... and while it was drying my ds got into my room and added some painting of his own... Cry

I've also done a t-shirt with stars on it, and a whale t-shirt but havn't gotten pictures and the designs are on old ratty t-shirts. so i need to go get some nice T's to put all these great designs on!!
Thanks for the inspiration!!

I <3 Crafting!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008 04:07:51 AM »

I know this is an older post---but what a totally cool, and realtively simple idea!!!  Much more practical for boys than embroidery.  I have a lot of plain T's waiting!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010 05:49:34 AM »

i LOVE the converse one! i'm gonna have to make one for my 5 yo
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Calibrate your Camera part 1/3
How to Light Wedding Images
How to Create a Portrait With One Light
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 2/2
Six Lies About Digital Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...