A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: marble magnet inspired necklace (by first time poster) *added pics on page 3*  (Read 32500 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CaptainRiley
Dirty Pirate

Methinks it is like a woozle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004 11:55:23 AM »

can someone please recommend a glue to use on this? like i said before in another topic people were talking abotu their marbles yellowing from using e6000 glue. However i want to make the marbles and stick the wire on, but dont want yellow marbles after awhile.

I've had my magnets (&etc) for years, with no yellowing, and I only work with E600.  The yellowing could result from a lot of factors that simply changing glue might not address: off the top of my head, it could have to do with the type of paper used for the picture, the ink used to print said picture, the local climate both during and after this particular creative process, exposure to sunlight during and after this particular creative process... well, you get the idea.

If you're really that worried, your best bet would be personal experimentation.  Besides, if it does yellow after a year, you can just make a new one.  I've had jeans that couldn't last that long.

Beautiful work, sparklytoothpaste.  Welcome to Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheWrongGirl
The illest MF from here to Gardena

Amps.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2004 03:05:59 PM »

Wow, nice job!!! That looks very nice!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blah.
sparklytoothpaste
*e*

Don't worry, i'm sure no-one will notice....

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004 09:09:05 PM »

made a new one! this is from a map of fiji i picked up from the local newsagents! theres a bracelet to go with it too - sorry the photos dont do the colours justice at all - hope you like it Smiley

i have made a few more too - will post them when i get the pics.

i'm wanting to make them and have a go selling them properly when i get back home - i know we're not to advertise here i'm just wanting your estimates on what you think i could charge? i hate having to put a value on my own work!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 05:50:54 AM by TheSapphireMoon - Reason: fix -med issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

we sat on our own star<br />dreamed of the way that we were<br />and the way that we wanted to be
spoiledBlonde
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004 06:24:15 AM »

Love your work..Can you tell me what you used as jewelry to attach each other together ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spoiledBlonde
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2004 06:35:48 AM »

1 thing to add..If you are looking for blank rings(ajustable)  www.artchixstudio.com has everything you need.
I placed a last week and received and love it all.Responding to the crafters looking for ring blanks and much more.

Please let me know what blanks you used for your cool marble necklace ?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004 10:57:33 AM by spoiledBlonde » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sararosa
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2004 11:43:30 AM »

Just want to add for anyone having trouble finding good jumbo-size glass beads, I ordered from this site - they are super cheap. looks like they are sold out of the medium size ones.

http://www.wholesalersusainc.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spoiledBlonde
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2004 12:04:36 PM »

I was also inspired by all of you  Smiley
Bought my marbles @ ARTchix Studio.com
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004 12:07:11 PM by spoiledBlonde » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparklytoothpaste
*e*

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2004 03:04:52 PM »

Please let me know what blanks you used for your cool marble necklace ?

Love your work..Can you tell me what you used as jewelry to attach each other together ?

thankyou Smiley

i havent been able to find any blanks anywhere. we dont have a michaels in australia - but by the sound of what all you guys are buying there i so want one!!!

so out of desperation i used a pair of needle-nosed pliers and a roll of wire to make everything that isnt a glass bead! so the chain, the links, the backing of the marbles and the clasp is just wire from a roll that i have bent with the pliers - it was soooo easy Smiley and all out of my own little head - so it cant be too hard!

i dont know if you can see the photo i first put up in the post but it shows a bit of an amateurish attempt at a tutorial of how to make a wire and paper backing to a glass bead. its surprisingly durable! i've been wearing the fiji map necklace non stop and it's not showing any signs of wear and tear!! (although i really need to seal the back with some sort of varnish or something cause the paper tends to soak up a touch of moisture from this tropical weather)

let me know if anyone wants me to post a tute on how to make the chain, links and clasps all out of wire.
i's be happy to share!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004 03:13:02 PM by sparklytoothpaste » THIS ROCKS   Logged

we sat on our own star<br />dreamed of the way that we were<br />and the way that we wanted to be
sparklytoothpaste
*e*

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2004 03:34:33 PM »

love your marble magnets spoiled blonde Smiley very cute!

here are a couple more i made last night - let me know what you guys think i could charge for them? i'm wanting to sell them in a few funkly little shops back home but i can never put a price on my own stuff Sad what do you all think?

(i'm tough, i can take it!)

this one was from a book on elections that i picked up for 50c, grouchy old men...

this one is from an atlas from the 70's it shows the poulation distribution in papua new gineau. the size of the orange dots matched up with a little chart at the bottom of the map. the colours didnt come up very well but theyre orangy yellow, purple and lilac. very retro!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 02:37:55 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eskimopie83
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2004 03:36:57 PM »

thoes are really cute. is that a barette?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Ashley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Glass and Ceramic Tile Painting
The Art of Turkish Ebru
The Art of Charcoal Drawing
The Art of Stone Carving
The Art of Silver Filigree
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...