A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,160
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WOO HOO My very first official spinning project is FINALLY FINISHED!!  (Read 14640 times)
Tags for this thread: coat , rainbow , craftster_best_of_2007 , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crafty Beaver

Corpse Bride-Halloween 2005

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2007 12:34:59 PM »

Your coat is amazing! It looks all cozy and warm too. I would say you did a much nicer job than what your inspiration was. I think you made the right choices in making it fuller/thicker and more shapely. Your is quite gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful item! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KillerDorothy
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2007 09:31:19 PM »

Ooohhh!!! I love rainbows and I love this coat! Very Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Just when the caterpillar though the world was over, it became a butterfly~
caprig
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2007 05:37:50 AM »

WOW!  Shocked where do I sign up to join your fan club?Huh

any chance the fiber fest you entered was in upstate NY? I was at my parents' house in the Finger Lakes over the weekend and saw there was one going on, but didn't have time to go (sad  Cry) I hope you placed!

Yep you are right!

Too bad you did not get to go- it was a fabulous festival.  Even my husband went again and went back when my daughter stayed home (I have an older son who watched her).  He said that he wanted to go around it alone and learn.

FREAKED me out that he wanted to go back.

I did place and got the prize I wanted.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I was able to pay with it to take a silk spinning class and I am SO glad.  So, now I have a bunch of silk I am dying and trying to figure out what to do next with.

I am so thrilled!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
caprig
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2007 05:39:14 AM »

Your coat is amazing! It looks all cozy and warm too. I would say you did a much nicer job than what your inspiration was. I think you made the right choices in making it fuller/thicker and more shapely. Your is quite gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful item! Grin

Thanks so much! 

I got my next inspiration already for my next project- I am going to make a peacock coat this time, but I have the pattern all sketched out and everything.

I can not WAIT!  However, NOW I have to save up for the fiber and pray that they have it in stock when I get the money.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
chatterchicky08
I'm new but very crafty!

my babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2007 12:04:01 PM »

this is great!! so beautiful, i would def parade around in such a fantastic coat in the fall Cheesy kudos
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginamonster
Monsterlicious

hee hee.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2007 09:06:59 PM »

oh my godness, I remember you talking about this on the spinning forum. I am so excited to see it complete! Someday, I too will knit something out of my handspun...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like making stuff. Rumor has it, I'm an elf. Like a Santa Elf, not one of those elegant LOTR types.  Mostly because I compulsively craft and partially because I have green shoes.
AlysiaDynamik
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2007 07:58:11 AM »

WOW!  Shocked where do I sign up to join your fan club?Huh

any chance the fiber fest you entered was in upstate NY? I was at my parents' house in the Finger Lakes over the weekend and saw there was one going on, but didn't have time to go (sad  Cry) I hope you placed!

Yep you are right!

Too bad you did not get to go- it was a fabulous festival.  Even my husband went again and went back when my daughter stayed home (I have an older son who watched her).  He said that he wanted to go around it alone and learn.

FREAKED me out that he wanted to go back.

I did place and got the prize I wanted.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I was able to pay with it to take a silk spinning class and I am SO glad.  So, now I have a bunch of silk I am dying and trying to figure out what to do next with.

I am so thrilled!

Congrats!!!  Cheesy
I am really sorry I missed it, but I am planning to go to Rhinebeck in a few weeks. So cool that your husband's into it! My boyfriend is arty so I'm hoping he'll get into the fest too...
Best of luck with the silk spinning! I'm sure you'll pick it up easy, what with having already completed such a ridiculously daunting first project!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caprig
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2007 09:40:03 AM »

I hear so much about Rhinebeck- someday perhaps I can go there.  I probably would have apoplexy!  HAHAHAHa

This smaller festival is hard enough to go to without freaking at all of the cool stuff to see and learn and BUY.

I just heard that someone bought a discontinued wheel at the fiber fest last weekend for close to $400 and sold it for $1500!

WOW!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Emma Stone Shows Us How to Make Cocktail Dresses Daytime-Casual
Tips For Wearing Peplum Tops
Neon Fashion Trend Blowing Up
Street Chic: Rock Chicks
Nicole Richie Perfects NYC Cool in Fringe, Fur, and Leather
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...