A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,643
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Costume Sewalong (All Costumes)  (Read 51034 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2007 02:53:56 PM »

y'all are gonna hate me for this one:

I did my costume today...........it was finished in about an hour and a half. I made a tshirt dress in black and yellow and painted the batgirl symbol on it with fabric paints. I made a tube top from a black tshirt, and a panel skirt from another black tshirt and a yelllow tee. I attached them both, added straps, and voila!

It cost me 50 cents to make. and it is super cute. Pics to come soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
chezlin
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2007 09:05:01 PM »

Tenille, I love it!! 

I was actually thinking about being Jem this year!  I'm going to a party where they're going to have a best couples costume award... I'm totally going to try to get my boyfriend to dress up like Rio, it'd be hilarious.  He wouldn't be too hard.. he'd just need purple hair.  I'm getting a wig tomorrow and I'm going to look at some wrap dress patterns for this dress: http://www.jemandtheholograms.net/images/PDVD_113.jpg

I'm so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badluck
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2007 09:41:47 PM »

Since Halloween is my favorite holiday of all time I finally decided to share my outfit for this year. I had originally wanted to be an old-fashioned courtesan but my odds for finishing a corset (never made one before) in 4 weeks is not good. So! I came up with this:

I wanted it kinda short but I'm doing the full-length tail sash in the back. I have this really cute soft cotton fabric:

And I'm going to do the trim/obi/details in red with gold accents.

I'm really excited! Especially since I found the perfect shoes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocking-horse-Nana-lolita-wood-sole-shoes-5-5-10-5_W0QQitemZ220152530784QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Now I'm off to start altering my pattern...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2007 10:01:29 PM »

omg, i have that same exact fabric...isn't it wonderful? i fell in love with it at joann's and had to have it, luckily i had a 40% off coupon, cause there's no way i could have afforded the $8/yard normal price!

i was actually thinking about making myself a kimono-style blouse out of it, so i'll be waiting to see how your costume comes out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
cassie_g
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2007 10:21:01 AM »

You must share how that goes! Are you going to make it so it opens in the front and the back or just the front? I had considered making the bibfront gown from Patterns of Fashion but I didn't know if I was up to it. Wink Drafting - kinda scary.....
It's just going to open in the front. Koshka the cat has a wonderful page about her drop front and I'm using that as a guide. I don't draft patterns either. I modify them to my liking and size. For the stays I used the corset generator at the Elizabethan Costuming Page. I'll base my shift off of the generator on that site too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2007 03:18:41 PM »

AHMAHGAWD>
my bodice has sleeves!

it's very low cut. i dont' know how i'm going to manage it with my *black* bra. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2007 04:30:33 PM »

I'm working on a Boba Fett (Star Wars) costume.  This is the second year that I'm cross-dressing for Halloween...Anyways, this is what I've got so far:

The green parts were cut from a plastic trash can, then spray painted in layers with toothpaste used as a masking agent for the bullet holes.
The vest that the armor plates are attached to is twill, I quilted the sleeves (even though you can't see them...) and the neck-cover.
I still need to make or recon a jumpsuit, some knee guards, make a cardboard helmet and jetpack, make some guns, and miscellaneous belts.

Excuse the midrift; I had just finished hot-gluing the armor to the vest...Without wearing a shirt underneath...Someti mes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007 04:33:10 PM by Ninja_Poo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2007 08:36:51 PM »

everyone's costumes are wonderful so far! I can't wait to see more, especially finished products!

I have a question for everyone: Is there a pattern I may be able to use for the shirt in V's costume for V for Vendetta? I have been asked to make my boyfriend's costume for this year and this is what he wants to be (today, he keeps switching between V and Ichigo from Bleach). He is going to be V though because well... I don't feel like making a kimono, unless someone has an easy way for that.

I am doing something simple and being Velma, from Scooby Doo. All I need is to make the skirt which I already have fabric for, just need thread and either a bigger sweater so I can make legwarmers out of the one I have or orange knee socks. I have mary janes, though I would like to have shorter-heeled ones and red if I can find them. That's not a huge deal. I already wear thick rimmed glasses and I have a huge magnifying glass I can carry around.

mind you, we don't yet have plans for halloween  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
GirlOutlaw
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2007 09:01:19 PM »

I have a question for everyone: Is there a pattern I may be able to use for the shirt in V's costume for V for Vendetta?

You could try this one it is similar.

http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4745.htm?tab=costumes&page=5

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Era Vera
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2007 09:22:41 PM »

Or maybe this one?
http://www.butterick.com/item/B3072.htm?tab=costumes&page=8 (minus the pockets)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter I
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter J
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter L
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter K
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...