A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soot Sprites, Hello Kitty, ice cozy and sea turtle (6 images) **with pattern**  (Read 8289 times)
Tags for this thread: spirited_away , turtle , soot_sprite , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliejules
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007 09:19:38 AM »

the ice cozy's are a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sara_dippity

Future Professional Bleeding Heart Liberal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007 07:43:43 AM »

CloudxxSeph those are cute! Seeing the fun fur, I do think I like the Cha-cha better. And yeah, I plan on making a ton more as well Cheesy.
BTW- I got My Neighbor Totoro this weekend, my son was thrilled to see more soot sprites!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Save the world with a click a day. Donate your airplane and hotel loyalty points to Make a Wish
Me blog.
Me Ravelry.
Hege
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007 09:49:02 AM »

Love the Hello Kitty  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007 06:46:50 AM »

When I viewed this the other day, I saw a "Hello Kitty" pattern.  You had a square and showed how to shape it into the body and the ears, and I think a separate tail.  I wanted to make it and now I can't seem to find it.  Can you re-post it?  I would appreciate it so much.  I know my granddaughter would love it.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
sara_dippity

Future Professional Bleeding Heart Liberal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007 07:26:11 AM »

That pattern would not be mine, my Hello Kitty pattern is still in the procrastination stage (though during a school break I might have time). I can tell you the basic concept in case you can't find the other pattern. I cast a stitch onto each of four needles, and increased in each stitch, then increased in the first stitch, then in the middle stitch and then knit straight for about an inch for the arms, about an inch and a half for the legs, then decreased on the first st of the first needle, last stitch of the second, first of the third, last of the forth for either one or two rows. Then I bound them off by drawing string through. I started the body the same way but did a few more rounds of increases. I know I alternated the first stitch of each needle and then the middle stitch of each needle, but I can not remember how many rounds. I knit straight for about an inch, then decreased (same as arm decreases) for only two rows, then knit one row (neck), then increased in the same pattern as the decreases, then knit for an inch, then decreased (again as the arm) until about an inch of fabric (all needles together, held flat) was left. About eight stitches? Then I bound off in (heh, beginners will love this one, if the casting on method hasn't scared them away) kitchener stitch. The ears were four stitches, then k2 tog at the beginning of every k row, bind off at one stitch. Make 4 ears, sew together, sew ears arms and legs into place. Oh, stuffing. Stuff the arms and legs before the decreases. Take an old nylon stocking or sock (I used a toddler sock) and stuff the toe with poly beads. Tie or sew shut, stuff in the body before starting the neck, stuff the head before sewing shut.
So there it is. If anyone would care to interpret and try it, feel free. I will try a pattern write up sometime, but I have school and Christmas presents to work on. So it might be Winter break. I also plan on trying something I was thinking of, the cast on makes a little nipple at the ends of the hands and feet, I was thinking I would try working with the ws out for a few rows then flipping the ws out and seeing how that turned out. I also might start at the end that joins to the body, then binding off with a drawstring method and see which arms or legs look the best.
If anyone wants to experiment with this and do a write up before spring and distribute it, feel free. All I ask is don't make money off of it, and mention me in it somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Save the world with a click a day. Donate your airplane and hotel loyalty points to Make a Wish
Me blog.
Me Ravelry.
mamarose22
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007 02:49:20 PM »

Thank you Sara-Dippity.  When I said I thought I had seen the pattern I probably con fused the other pattern you listed as being for the kitty.  I will try your method when I have time.  I did like your picture of the kitty,  I will be having surgery shortly and when I have recovered, I plan on doing a ton of projects, and yours will be one of them.  Thanks for responding so quickly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Import and Collect Footage in Adobe After Effects Lesson 4
How to Import and Collect Footage in Adobe After Effects Lesson 3
How to Import and Collect Footage in After Effects
How to Import and Collect Footage in Adobe After Effects Lesson 1
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 4
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...