A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Schoolwide garage sale!  (Read 516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Philip7424298

Peeps. The start of racism.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 20, 2007 04:56:30 PM »

Hi! My school is having a giant "garage sale" where we all sell our junk at our own stands, and the money goes to next years Hawaii trip. It doesn't have to be used junk, it can be anything you can  sell, some people sell lemonade, etc. I want to make some small, but good items that I can sell that are easy. I was thinking mabey buttons, but my button maker is really crappy, those PEZ jump-drives, or notebooks, keeping with the school theme. Does anyone have any good Ideas. It is pretty soon, so I need suggestions fast! The cost of the trip is $1,200, but I dont think I'll make that much in this sale. Thanks alot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\  /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
He is on his way to world domination, one signature at a time!
(Copy and paste to help him take over the world)

http://kofk.de/animal.php?id=kingBosney
rockandrollwarhol
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007 07:07:53 PM »

Sometimes they sell a mix bag of glass beads at craft stores. YOu can make a lot of bracelets or necklaces with those. I saw this somewhere, you could make little clay squares and put screws in them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007 07:16:09 PM »

I don't know what kind of supplies you have,but here's a few fairly easy suggestions.I'm not going to post links,but I know this is all probably on here.If anything sounds promising,just do a search!
Playing card notebooks(I think these are in Lynn's book). Two playing cards,the middle several sheets of blank paper cut to size,the binding to hold it all together-a strip of colored duct tape.I've seen these done with Yu-gi-oh cards,ect.
CD suncatchers. 2 junk cds,fishing line,glitter glue,or glitter and glue.Glue the 2 cds together,shiny side out,fishing line sandwiched between for a hanger.Do a design with the glitter and glue,or maybe acrylic paint?
Do your own version of the book thong bookmarks they sell at the bookstore for 6 bucks.A piece of thin cord,with a few beads on each end.
And if you really want to rack in the bucks...chocolate chip cookies.Seriously.A nything chocolate.
I love the earring record holders,but I hesitate to suggest it. I made one for my daughter,she loved it.I think they would sell.But it was time consuming to make the holes for earrings. I did the old heat a safety pin/big needle in a candle thing. It's one of those things you probably want to do outside,because of the fumes.
Good luck!
And don't trash any vintage beatles,oaky? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007 07:41:16 PM »

It might be kind of fun to do face painting, or body paint "tattoos".

Baked goods like cookies or brownies are always popular  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Philip7424298

Peeps. The start of racism.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007 03:40:51 PM »

Thanks guys!
It might be kind of fun to do face painting, or body paint "tattoos".

Baked goods like cookies or brownies are always popular  Wink

Those are both good ideas! I have been practicing henna, but I would be to scared to mess up! Cookies are a very good idea! I know alot of people might do that, so mabey SUPER AWESOME cookies!!!

I don't know what kind of supplies you have,but here's a few fairly easy suggestions.I'm not going to post links,but I know this is all probably on here.If anything sounds promising,just do a search!
Playing card notebooks(I think these are in Lynn's book). Two playing cards,the middle several sheets of blank paper cut to size,the binding to hold it all together-a strip of colored duct tape.I've seen these done with Yu-gi-oh cards,ect.
CD suncatchers. 2 junk cds,fishing line,glitter glue,or glitter and glue.Glue the 2 cds together,shiny side out,fishing line sandwiched between for a hanger.Do a design with the glitter and glue,or maybe acrylic paint?
Do your own version of the book thong bookmarks they sell at the bookstore for 6 bucks.A piece of thin cord,with a few beads on each end.
And if you really want to rack in the bucks...chocolate chip cookies.Seriously.A nything chocolate.
I love the earring record holders,but I hesitate to suggest it. I made one for my daughter,she loved it.I think they would sell.But it was time consuming to make the holes for earrings. I did the old heat a safety pin/big needle in a candle thing. It's one of those things you probably want to do outside,because of the fumes.
Good luck!
And don't trash any vintage beatles,oaky? Smiley

I've made those before! Very awesome suggestion, I could probabbly coptic bnind them! Bookmarks would also be cool! IDK about the record idea, i'm a guy, so that would be weird! Mabey record bowls!
Like I said above^ cookies are awesome!
Sometimes they sell a mix bag of glass beads at craft stores. YOu can make a lot of bracelets or necklaces with those. I saw this somewhere, you could make little clay squares and put screws in them.
I'm a guy, but might be working with a girl, so thats a good suggestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\  /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
He is on his way to world domination, one signature at a time!
(Copy and paste to help him take over the world)

http://kofk.de/animal.php?id=kingBosney
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007 02:03:45 PM »

O.k how about bookmarks,cell phone charms,reconned books or journals.cell phone cozies (felt) if you can sew.memory cards for the little ones to learn ABC"s,shapes or colors.Afelt book for little ones to help learn ABC's,colors,animals,shapes, etc.Luggage tags for backpacks,charms for backpacks.Things done with the school colors & initials or mascot if your really creative.How about T's decorated w/sayings teens like?Of course they would have to be approved probably.Bookcovers (felt maybe)?That's all I can think of right now.Hope this helps.Good luck on your sale. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Starting Rolls in Backgammon
How to Execute the Running Game in Backgammon
Overview of Strategy in Backgammon
Bearing Off in Backgammon
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...