A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 303,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stupid Martha Stewart!  (Read 32062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
She's *[revolutionary]* <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2005 06:32:56 PM »

Back in the day when Martha was just a wee caterer, and my mom was getting married, Martha herself made the wedding cake  Grin

RAWR! :]

So crafty, I pee glitter!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2005 07:35:07 PM »

My favorite Martha moment is when they were interviewing her when she got out of prison.   She was like, "I missed lemons in prison." and the reporter goes "What else did you miss?"  and she said "Mainly lemons."... long pause... "and my dogs and my family."

ok i seriously started crying, that was soo funny! and so Martha! I think the reason we all love/hate her is because she is so cold and inhuman but does all these home-y things. It's like hugs from robots....but creepy.
I have no idea what I'm doing!

shit happens

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2005 07:14:58 AM »

But she makes it look sooooooo easy!!!! Sad

a day without knitting is like a month without sunshine

I will knit for you in a personal swaps !!!!
(cause that's what I do!)

dustpan dan

Call me Captain Tin Can

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2005 02:03:22 PM »

i find crayon wax hard to work with... you can get the little ball candle waxish things or buy the candle wax, i find it muuuuuuuuch easier, but ya hafta be carful as to how u melt it... i've had some disasters

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2005 10:26:26 AM »

But kids actually grow more mentaly with contrasting and bright colors. It may not be quite the thing Moma wants, but they are only little for so long.

I am not a fan of her persona, per se, but her decorating style ( de-cluttered, clean lines, focus on specific themed items that are collected) have revolutioned how magazines are done.

The photography is beautiful and it focuses on the item.

Her Kids Magazine I adore because the bedrooms are how kids rooms should be -  soft colors in furniture that grows with a child. Not primary colors with retarded borders of stupid bears around or Barbie/Care Bears/Whatever. Nice clean, classic rooms that are not commercialized and a safe haven.

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2005 03:19:09 PM »

thing is they show similar brain activity response to black and white patterns, (shrugs) it looks like it's the contrast, not the 'color' at least right now.

some of the picture of kids rooms look wrong to me, to neat, to "perfect" nothing I'd feel comfortable letting my nephews actually live in.  for that mattern nothing that *I* would feel comfortable living in.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2005 01:42:29 PM »

This is the thread that got me registered.  (It wouldn't have been long anyway).  Just had to say, re: Martha Stewart is what gets me the most irritated with her -- and yes, I love and hate her -- is that the weddings and events she features are always her employee's, so what about cool crafty folk like you and me?  I wonder if she sponsors their events so they can spend 5000-bazillion dollars on crepe paper and woman-hours to HANDMAKE every single flower in the wedding (remember that one??)  I mean, who has the resources for that?  Anyway, just a little bitter. 

PS Babies before a certain age can only see black and white. 
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2005 06:20:08 PM »

Martha Stewart is hilarious, she is such a control freak, I wish I saw that episode with the cookie monster!!!!  Cheesy ... Anyways I remember when I was in grade 5, I was in the school choir and for the Christmas assembly we had to sing a song about Martha Stewart. It was about how great she is, all of the kids hated it.

Swear we'll shake it up, if you swear to listen!
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2005 07:40:46 PM »

Ok, my first post, how fitting it be to Martha.

Ive had a subscription to her magazine since I was 16.

Im 25.

I love the visuals, the holloween issue is the best, and the kids issue is so cute.
But its not like its controlled by martha down to the letter. It seems like it is, but please.

A few of her projects that I have followed to the letter have flopped.

Cookie that called for 2 CUPS of butter, I know, but I trusted her.  I pulled out this horrid greasy mess. What a waste.

Once I tried to make these so pretty wire and glass bead snowflakes.  And I was not going to order her expensive, only make a few, kit. So I tried to sodder the wires together and use beads from the craft shop.  They were OK, but not like I fantasized about......

I loved the muppets episode, did anyone see the time she went on with her SNL double? SO funny.
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2005 08:30:04 PM »

AAAAAAAAAh  Did anyone see the Zach Braff episode?  It was just on here and it was so funny!  He makes a dog dish for his dog but he can't use the saw properly and it ends up a mess.  He is so cute and funny, I should have taped it and watched it over and over again.

Carnation milk is the best in the land, here I sit with a can in my hand, no tits to pull, no hay to pitch, you just punch a hole in the son of a bitch
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Outfit Inspirations from England
Three Outfit Inspirations from Washington, D.C.
Three Outfit Inspirations from San Diego
Three Couple Outfit Inspirations from London
Three Outfit Inspirations from Las Vegas
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...