A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
300 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gap Cabled Trapeze Sweater (new for fall 07)  (Read 2902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007 06:45:45 PM »

Alas, I can't see the sleeve well enough to get a good idea of what it looks like.

Dunno if this helps, but here's the brown one. It might be a little clearer:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007 10:38:22 PM by roxybritain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007 07:17:31 PM »

Oh, yes, thank you, roxybritain! Smiley So it looks like the sleeves are pretty much the same as the front - a big cable bordered on either side by (reverse st st, k, reverse st st, small cable).

I sat down and did a cable swatch tonight in Plymouth Dreambaby. I believe I have the large cable figured out, and I've got a good idea where I'm going on the smaller one, but that's going to have to wait for tomorrow.

Whee! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007 07:22:55 PM »

Wow, you're so talented! I can't believe you just figured it out like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007 08:36:41 PM »

That's pretty much what I'm trying!  I didn't notice that the rev. stock. looks to get wider at the bottom... do you think it's supposed to bell out a little rather than being more fitted?  That would probably be cute!  Obviously we can't tell what the back is, I was going to figure out how many stitches I'd have and kind of make something up that went with it.  I'll have to see about the sides, I may just do stock. st under the arms - depends on how many stitches I end up with.  I just got cheap Lion Brand cotton ease since it's such an experiment - I'll actually be bummed if I love the sweater and hate the yarn. 

We may even have enough people to have a little KAL...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007 10:43:01 PM »

Dude, juliesnider, you are my hero. Do you mind if I just use whatever you end up coming up with? I'm still new enough to knitting that I get lost without a definite pattern, but I love this sweater and really want to give it a try.

I was thinking I might knit this up with a really light yarn. What weight do you think the yarn is in the photo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hyerac
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007 05:16:26 AM »

I didn't notice that the rev. stock. looks to get wider at the bottom... do you think it's supposed to bell out a little rather than being more fitted?  That would probably be cute! 

Now that you mention it, that makes sense.  "Trapeze" implies a more A-line shape to me, and doing those increases in the non-cable areas would be MUCH easier than trying to alter the cables somehow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007 06:49:03 AM »

Roxybritain - you're welcome to use anything I figure out, I have a feeling it will be a joint effort if others knit it too.  I'd think DK or worsted weight...

hyerac - I thought the same thing about the A-line shape!  I think it would be so cute!

I'm going to knit a swatch of the pattern (more to check out the yarn than the pattern).  I'll try to post later if I get it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007 07:21:39 AM »

I didn't notice that the rev. stock. looks to get wider at the bottom... do you think it's supposed to bell out a little rather than being more fitted?  That would probably be cute! 
Yeah, I think it bells out at the bottom, at least. As I stare obsessively at this photo, it looks to me like the st st sections are medium width at the top, skinny in the middle (even with the waist) and wide at the bottom. (The part I'm looking at is between the thick cable and the skinny cable).

Obviously we can't tell what the back is, I was going to figure out how many stitches I'd have and kind of make something up that went with it. 
I'm thinking of just doing a repeat on the back of what's on the front, just omitting the garter stitch button bands.

Think Gap employees would notice/mind if I snuck in there with my camera phone this afternoon?  Grin  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007 08:55:53 AM »

You should!   Grin  If you notice anything helpful be sure to let us know!  I just washed my swatch and I don't think I like the yarn, so I'll have to look around for something different today.  I also think they did something a little different on that K1 between the purl st, but I'm not sure what and the K1 gives the same effect so I'll stick with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007 09:24:41 AM »

the k1 looks like some sort of yo thing to me, but I don't know if I've just been staring at it too long Smiley

crazydoglady, you should just bring a full-on camera into the dressing room or something Smiley If they ask, just tell them that you don't trust the mirrors =P

I'm really excited about this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A 61-Year-Old Grandmother Wears Makeup for the First Time
“Law and Order’s” Stephanie March Helps Everyone Look Red Carpet Glam
How to Choose the Right Color to Contour Your Makeup
Classic and Glam Eyeliner Tutorial Backstage at Dennis Basso NYFW 2014
Beauty Trend: How To Wear Pastels
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...