A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days of Christmas Swap Round 2- SIGNUPS ARE OPEN AS OF 9/12  (Read 16381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 20, 2007 12:45:09 AM »

I know it is WAY EARLY to be thinking about Christmas BUT you all know how the Holidays creep up on us, plus I want everyone that is very interested on the 12 days swap to leave a swap spot open and make sure they aren't too bogged down with swapping around the time that the signups end and crafting begins..

I REALLY want to organize this swap. The first round had some problems with the organizer flaking (EEP!!) and other kinks and I think I could do a good job organizing, maybe with the help of 2 awesome co-organizers. Smiley

Is this something that you craftsters might enjoy? Look at the gallery from round 1...there are some SUPER AWESOME goodies in there!!!!

Proposed Swap name: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kishcrafts and 2 co organizers
Proposed Sign-up date range: last week of september???
Date to send item by: there would be 2 sendout dates. for example, Dec 1st and then the 5th? Since this is a large amount of crafted items, 78 in total, 2 boxes is probably going to be necessary, so it is only fitting to have 2 sendout dates.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No, although international swappers might want to send out early so that their partners receive their swap packages on time with the "opening" of presents dates!

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All Ages

Details of swap:
The idea of this swap is to craft for your partner 12 groups of items (78 items in total) based on their interests, going along with the idea of the 12 Days Of Christmas song. (The items that you make DO NOT have to be the items IN the 12 days of christmas song.) You would number the groups of gifts the numbers from 1 - 12. When your partner gets the packages they would start on December 14th with the #12 box. Inside would be 12 things. On December 15th they would open the #11 box and inside there should be 11 things. And on and on until on December 25th they would open the #1 box.

Original Idea Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120479.0

Round 1 Original Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=126002.0

GALLERY for Round 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135767.0

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007 11:23:48 PM by kishcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007 02:51:29 AM »

Eee christmas Cheesy

I thnk this is a great structured swap, and a brilliant project.

I have just posted an idea about a decorations swap, but i can see this being a good swap to get decorations too, by specifying for decorations of certain themes to be recieved early on in the days of christmas Cheesy

Count me in!

I'd offer to co-organise but my time online is often limited so i may not be much use.

Edit, just thinking about it, but mayhap we could do with a longer crafting time? Get the sign ups done earlier and get crafting earlier, i know i would do better with more time so as not to rush anything, especially to complete and plan out that many gifts.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 03:29:18 AM by Whileywoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007 05:18:25 AM »

Kish your picture has changed and i didn't recognise you!

this sounds like a brilliant idea and i would love to help organise if you need me too - uni should have wound up HEAPS from nov onwards Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007 05:34:23 AM »

Oh dear me. I just spent the entire movie duration of Forrest Gump on in the back ground reading last years 12 days of christmas gallery...

I am so full of ideas i want to get started already Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
wax51
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007 06:06:07 AM »

I am totally in for round 2......
I was thinking about this swap a few weeks ago....

3 cheers for kishcrafts!!

Few things though from the 1st swap.....you DEF need a co-organizer And we ended up splitting the shipping into 2 send dates...there was no way to send it all at once.

Both my SO and I angeled for this swap as well

PS naelany had this to say at end of 1st round...
you totally should join in the next round. Just start budgeting now, so you don't get a mild cardiac arrest at the S&H

And I have to agree.....this was a HUGE one for shipping lol but well
worth it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/wax51

I am totally after a Ying/Yang made of  Fire vs Ice
Wanna draw/paint/sketch me one?
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007 06:53:22 AM »

sounds like fun!

i agree with wax51 about an earlier sign up time frame...maybe september(?)...to allow for longer crafting time.

i love christmas and will seriously have to consider this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007 07:07:17 AM »

Eee christmas Cheesy

Edit, just thinking about it, but maybe we could do with a longer crafting time? Get the sign ups done earlier.....

How would everyone feel if we had signups during the last week of Sept and then you would have ALL of October AND November to craft??

Kish your picture has changed and i didn't recognise you!
this sounds like a brilliant idea and i would love to help organise if you need me too
I simpsonized myself! Tongue Thanks for offering to organize, I am also thinking of maybe having 2 co organizers like the Sweat Shop Swap. I would take all questionnaires and the task of pairing up participants, co organizer #1 would handle sendouts and co organizer #2 would handle receiving. Smiley

And we ended up splitting the shipping into 2 send dates...there was no way to send it all at once.
PS naelany had this to say at end of 1st round...
you totally should join in the next round. Just start budgeting now, so you don't get a mild cardiac arrest at the S&H
and I have to agree.....this was a HUGE one for shipping lol but well worth it!!
2 send out dates sound good. Smiley Also while looking through the gallery, alot of things were small or wouldnt take up much room in a box, so the Flat Rate Boxes might be a good thing for shipping within the USA.I think they are around $8.95. We do pretty well with shipping supplies in them for the Fill A Flat Rate Box Swap(s).

Oh dear me. I just spent the entire movie duration of Forrest Gump on in the back ground reading last years 12 days of christmas gallery...I am so full of ideas i want to get started already Cheesy Cheesy
if it weren't for the "show images only" function I might have gone crazy while browsing that gallery!! LOL

i agree with wax51 about an earlier sign up time frame...maybe september(?)...to allow for longer crafting time.

*see above. I wouldnt want to make the craft time any longer than around 1 3/4-2 months. I think having ALL of Oct & Nov should be sufficient. Otherwise procrastination might set in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007 07:22:34 AM »

i think that sounds like a super reasonable amount of time to do crafting. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danceisthenewmosh
Photographs may not lie, but liars may photograph

Kissing Toby Goodbye

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007 07:28:08 AM »

I think this was my favorite swap ever.  I know I sent both packages on one day, but two boxes were needed to send 12 packages.  I would be totally into this again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apologies to whoever were upset by my absent.  I was in and out of the hospital from December 2007 until June 2008.
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007 07:45:28 AM »

I know I sent both packages on one day, but two boxes were needed to send 12 packages. 

So it looks like we are planning on having 2 sendout dates. And this is good since you are crafting 12 packages (78 items in total), 2 boxes or more might be necessary. I was thinking of Dec 1st and then the5th, perhaps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Crab Fritters
Guinness Beef Stew with Nathan Lippy
Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery - NY, New York
Lure Fish Bar, SoHo, New York
How to Make Garlic Toast
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...