A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days of Christmas Swap Round 2- SIGNUPS ARE OPEN AS OF 9/12  (Read 16334 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Here, There and Everywhere

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007 03:45:29 PM »

It's never to early to start thinking about christmas!

This was so much fun last year, It made the lead up to christmas even more fun! and it'll be well after my self imposed swap drought!

I think the reason we ended up going with the chaos of everybody making new posts every time they opened, was so that people could just use the 'new' button on the topic board (next to the page numbers) and skip straight to the stuff they hadn't already seen, instead of having to look at all of the previous days to get to the new stuff, (if you get what i mean!)

Anyway;
I would sososo be up for this!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007 03:51:54 PM »

I think the reason we ended up going with the chaos of everybody making new posts every time they opened, was so that people could just use the 'new' button on the topic board (next to the page numbers) and skip straight to the stuff they hadn't already seen, instead of having to look at all of the previous days to get to the new stuff, (if you get what i mean!)

I see....but now we have the show images only thing and that makes looking through the posts much easier!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007 04:22:49 PM »

This sounds like so much fun and the other gallery was great. The idea for editing our posts to add a new picture each day would probably work great if we have a separate chat area? I would love to do this and would probably take advantage of my time in the US in Nov to mail everything! I will definately save a spot for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007 04:31:06 PM »

I'd love to do this too.  I think starting signups and closing early is a brilliant idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007 04:32:18 PM »

The idea for editing our posts to add a new picture each day would probably work great if we have a separate chat area?

I was thinking that when I start the gallery, that everyone would go into it and post a "reserved for my goodies" spot and then anything after that could be used for compliments and conversation. Smiley

If it ends up being too crazy for everyone to handle, I guess we could go with the chaos idea of having everyone post whenever and wherever in the gallery thread.... Tongue
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 04:33:27 PM by kishcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
krafty_kelly
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007 06:24:39 PM »

I know in the shop the swap (I think thats what its called) gallery, they have used the gallery for pics only.  Any discussions could be made on the original thread, or after all reserved spots like kishcrafts suggests.  I can only imagine how cluttered things can get, but I have seen some pretty cluttered galleries in big swaps...I don't really mind.  I always use the show images only.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007 06:29:01 PM »

I know in the shop the swap (I think thats what its called) gallery, they have used the gallery for pics only.  Any discussions could be made on the original thread, or after all reserved spots like kishcrafts suggests.  I can only imagine how cluttered things can get, but I have seen some pretty cluttered galleries in big swaps...I don't really mind.  I always use the show images only.

Oh yeah, I guess I could impose a pictures only rule in the swap gallery!!! I like that the shop the swap swaps have that rule that discussion is for the original thread only!! Thanks for reminding me about that krafty_kelly! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wax51
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007 07:01:48 PM »

Oh yeah, I guess I could impose a pictures only rule in the swap gallery!!! I like that the shop the swap swaps have that rule that discussion is for the original thread only!! Thanks for reminding me about that krafty_kelly! Wink

Half the fun was the MONSTER gallery....and yes...we had several
ideas for the gallery end...lol,seperate posts for each person was my idea lol but it worked out well with "chaos" With sooo many peeps
sending soooo much stuff, I think it would be hard not to allow comments with/after the pics...I mean...whoa craftster123 i tottaly loved the day 11 item you got from craftgeek that you posted the pics for last tues...
or maybe it is my craft A.D.D that makes that seem hard....
but we do have the images only feature for quick updates.

This swap is such a big deal as far as time & energy I don't think anyone really minded all the pages....and we never got close to the 179 I thought we would have lol.

ok...thats my 2 cents of rambling!
3 more cheers for kishcrafts and her 2 "elf" helpers lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/wax51

I am totally after a Ying/Yang made of  Fire vs Ice
Wanna draw/paint/sketch me one?
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007 07:48:35 PM »

I am going to keep my fingers crosssed for the PICTURES ONLY gallery, but if it unravels at some point I won't be too upset. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007 07:53:56 PM »

Oh, this was lovely fun the first time 'round!  I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I can fit it in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot Landscapes with Your Digital Camera
How to Shoot Close-ups in Macro Mode
How to Shoot at Night Without Flash
How to Prevent Red Eye
How to Take Pictures with a Changing Sun
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...