A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pixellated Link old-skool SNES shirt...*FINISHED + now with Action Shots! pg 4*  (Read 5608 times)
Tags for this thread: nintendo , zelda , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007 08:13:27 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much - it looked awesome to me (I'm a huge Zelda fan and believe me, we Zelda nuts are completely swayed by crafty depictions of our obsession). He'll feel lucky to have it, and you! Cheesy
anyways, we are all waiting with bated breath for the updated pic. Smiley
guin
Cheesy
Ahh, you lot cheer me up no end  Smiley I love Craftster  Kiss

Here's the updated pictures - the skin tone is a lot pinker (I preferred the other colour myself but overall this is better) but I think it still works?

And close up so you can see the difference:

I think that paint works a lot better (as long as it holds up in the wash!). Thoughts?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Muria
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007 08:22:04 AM »

I think he'll love it!   I do think it looks better now that the grid isn't noticeable, and the colors look fine.  Smiley   Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007 11:11:23 AM »

Yay for you! He's going to adore it!  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007 11:50:27 AM »

I love the shirt! I was having some problems with fabric paint being translucent, so what I would suggest is to paint all of the flesh section white (which is opaque), let it dry, they paint the skin color on again. the shirt will be extra stiff in those areas, but washing it a few times should fix the problem.

I think no matter how it comes out he will be impressed and love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedMenace
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007 02:07:14 PM »

It looked awesome before, and it looks even awesomer now Wink He'll love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bunny in a Bear
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007 03:15:21 PM »

First off let me saw awesome shirt.  Second of all you did a really good touch up job that really made the flesh colour look a lot better.  Lastly in order to prevent having to draw grid lines on any other shirts you make I highly suggest using freezer paper.  You can draw and cut out all of your lines in advance and then you just iron it down and it sticks so there is not risk of having your template move on you.  Freezer paper really is a must for any kind of fabric stenciling.

I hope your boyfriend really likes it.  He's lucky to have a girlfriend who is as crafty and thoughtful as you are Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~John~
sirensrising
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007 06:00:44 PM »

Thanks so much for all the encouraging comments and helpful tips everyone! Your kind words are much appreicated  Smiley I'm going to be getting acrylics in the green and brown I think once I'm finished my current swap, so I'll keep you all updated as it happens  Wink

That's a good idea, Hotbettie! Do you use fabric paint for the white or acrylics? I'm using Deka Permanent paints and they do seem to have a touch of translucency about them regardless of colour, as you can see where the green and brown bleeds instead of covers...I think in future, depending on how this one washes, I'll probably use acrylics, although I don't intend to do much stencilling, heh.

Ah, Bunny in a Bear, the elusive freezer paper...unfortunate ly I don't think we get it here (I'm in Ireland), although I haven't looked all that hard. The masking tape works pretty well for this project, but you just have to be a bit more careful with laying it down than I was, I think. But I have to say, your Battlestar stencilled shirt is amazing!! Maybe I should look harder for that freezer paper...

I hope he really likes it too...I'm lucky to have a boyfriend as awesome as him so I guess it evens out Grin I love making things for him and giving him little presents (I already have an idea for something else I want to make him after our anniversary, as well as another thing for it) and I like putting thought into things because I'm always thinking about him anyway!

...Haha, sorry, I just wanted to make sure that if he is reading this, he'll really regret it  Wink
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 06:07:02 PM by sirensrising » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Guin

Hey, there's a lemon behind that rock!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007 06:24:26 PM »

It looks splendid! He can't but flip over it.
guin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hyspirit
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007 07:10:08 PM »

I think that it looks great! He will absolutely love it, I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He smells good, he really does! He smells like root beer.
Jellybean313

Menchi says Moo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007 07:30:29 PM »

It's awesome, my bf likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter J
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter L
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter K
What Is Graffiti Bubble Style
What Is Tagging in Graffiti
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...