A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,853
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flowered Hair Wreaths (Think Fairy or Ren Faire) that Won't Fall Apart!  (Read 3008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mary Bell
« on: August 18, 2007 06:50:18 AM »

I got sick of stupid wreaths falling apart and decided to make some for my girls that would last. This is the first one I made.

I made three more like it. One for my littlest one and two for the daughters of a friend in England.

Then I started adding bells. I made one for a different friend and six for my daughter's preschool teacher.

I've made two more to give to my girls at my oldest daughter's birthday. The first ones didn't have bells and I thought they might like tinkly ones. The original ones still look great (I made them at the beginning of January).

I also made a jingle bracelet.

Here is the tutorial: http://crafts.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_make_floral_hair_wreaths
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009 01:15:15 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
shae16
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007 06:56:23 AM »

Awesome, I am just gathering things to make my girls Halloween costumes (they are both going to be fairies).  This will definitely help. I love the jingle bells, how fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007 07:00:23 AM »

Beautiful! The pictures are lovely too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
autommatic
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007 07:17:06 AM »

these are beautiful! my girls love playing fairy princess/dressup/whathaveyou... but all of the princess crowns i buy them fall apart [plus theyre not that cute to beginwith!] i think i might make a few for them! thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
M-alina

Play in the sunshine, or dance in the rain...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007 08:08:15 AM »

THOSE ARE AWESOME!!  I like the colors and the use of buttons... I wish I were a little kid again, so I could wear things like that again. Cheesy  Your pictures make the girls look like actual fairies, if only they weren't wearing shoes...  The rich colors and the angles are so origional! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The yarn seduced me, I swear!!

(\_/) Help Mr. Rabbit take over.
(o.o) He eats the nonbelievers...
(> <) Copy Mr. Rabbit or be EATEN!
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007 10:20:53 AM »

Lovely! I love the buttons and bells in the centre, they're a really nice touch

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spicecarrie
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007 04:41:04 PM »

Those are gorgeous! I love the idea of the bells, I'm sure your girls do too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goo_stew
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007 08:02:39 PM »

cute! and the bells are pretty awesome. talk about fairy-like.

but out of curiosity, your username isn't after the Mary Bell, is it? because that's not something I'd associate with someone who made nice wreaths for their daughters. it'd be kind of creepy, actually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mary Bell
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007 07:13:00 AM »

cute! and the bells are pretty awesome. talk about fairy-like.

but out of curiosity, your username isn't after the Mary Bell, is it? because that's not something I'd associate with someone who made nice wreaths for their daughters. it'd be kind of creepy, actually.

No, I was using Mary Bell as my user name for over a year when I googled the name and discovered the 'Mary Bell.' Before then, I had never heard of her. I spent the whole evening reading articles and information about her and was thoroughly creeped out. I should probably change my username here at Crafster. I've changed it on most forums and sites I frequent but I haven't here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
autommatic
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007 10:24:38 AM »

i made two! awe they were soo much easier then i though they'd be! my kids really like them, and they seem like they'll hold together really well! i did have any bells though, unfortunatley, so they dont make any noise... but they're pretty cute! plus, they only cost me about 2 bucks to make, which is a bonus. [i found a bag of 'flower parts' in the remnant bin at w-mart- for 1$.. i still have a WHOLE bunch left too.. crazy what you find when you look!]  thanks for the awesome idea!  Cheesy

hopefully that pic shows up...  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best and Worst Dressed: Critics Choice Movie Awards 2014
Margot Robbie Rocks Black Pant Suit at Critics Choice Movie Awards
Boxy Coats for Every Body Type
Win A Pair of $195 Sheepskin Boots
How to Style Winter Boots!
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...