A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Tempting" knitalong - Winter Knitty  (Read 65978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2005 06:00:05 PM »

My finished tempting  Grin

(the picture makes me look extremly stacked... Roll Eyes )

i knit it using Lion Brand MicroSpun...it is soft and yummy.  i have a second tempting out of the Cashmerino recomended in the works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knottygnome
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2005 06:13:12 PM »

this board has inspired me to throw in my lot and cast on tempting.  btw, i cannot get that song, "Tempted by the fruit of another" out of my head.  it just keeps playing over and over...kind of like the 2x2 ribbing.  i'm using this wheat colored classic elite 03 tweed that i have started and then frogged about 100 projects with.  i just can't seem to find a pattern that i like with this yarn, but i think it has finally met its match.  i'm dreaming of a finished sweater with 3/4 length sleeves and a chocolate brown velvet ribbon threaded through the neckline...

i'm worried about the sizing though.  after reading everybody's posts about bustiness and the pattern stretching to fit, i'm sorry to say i have the opposite problem.  i'm shorter and smaller and even more flat-chested than the author of the pattern.  hope the 32 fits me.   Undecided  i'm sure i'll try it on as i go (thanks mom for the denise set!) but right now it seems fruitless to try on a 1.5 inch circle.

i'll keep my hopes up.  everybody else's looks so great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2005 08:16:38 PM »

kadreath I love your tempting. It's so nice and the color is great.

I really want to make this but I'm in the middle of my first sweater now and got the yarn for "candy'' to start next, and have an unfinished hat, scarf and legwarmmers to make. But after all those, "tempting" here I come!

Roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2005 09:34:22 PM »

beautiful, kadreath!  love that pink. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
gloriana
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2005 03:44:32 PM »

I finally finished today!  Here's a photo:

Notes on the pattern can be found on my blog (click on the link below).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myjulybabes
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2005 04:02:03 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new!  I'm getting ready to make Tempting, my very first sweater.

So, I had a couple questions.  I noticed some of you said your gauge was off, or you didn't even measure your gauge.   So um.........how'd that work for you?  How does it look, how does it fit, etc?   I bought the recommened size 8 circs, but I'm coming up with 21 stitches/4 inches instead of 18.   And my size 9 circs are occupied with an afghan for my daughter.   And now that I've sampled Addis and bamboo needles, I just cant' bring myself to scoot down to Michaels for a cheap pair of aluminum circs.   Sure, another pair of Addis in a different length would be a worthwhile investment in the long haul, but my "L"YS is a half hour drive away and closed on Mondays!   Cry

Sooooooooo, I was thinking, maybe I could use the 8s, and make the XXL instead of XL.  My bust measurement was exactly between the 2, so I was going to make the XL, because of all the stretchiness.  But if I've got extra spi, wouldn't that make the sweater smaller?   So I could go up a size and get started on it RIGHT NOW!!!  Because I like to do everything RIGHT NOW!!!  LOL

Congrats everyone on the gorgeous finnished sweaters, they all look fantastic.   Can't wait to get going on mine!  Stupid tight knitting........*&)*(&^&%^$#$
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karahtalia
Queen of Unfinished Projects

Dangerous Kittyboy aka The Knitting Guineapig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2005 05:23:01 PM »

Sooooooooo, I was thinking, maybe I could use the 8s, and make the XXL instead of XL.  My bust measurement was exactly between the 2, so I was going to make the XL, because of all the stretchiness.  But if I've got extra spi, wouldn't that make the sweater smaller?   So I could go up a size and get started on it RIGHT NOW!!!  Because I like to do everything RIGHT NOW!!!

The pattern is incredibly forgiving in my experience. I did a guage swatch (granted it was kinda hurried and smaller than normal because I was anxious to start my first sweater) and I was on target, but the sweater felt a lot larger when I was finished than I was expecting. The ribbiness of the sweater really allows for a lot of give and it is supposed to cling to curves so I think you can get by without trouble. Thats my vote anyway. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is Knourishment Cheesy

http://www.irishwitch.blogspot.com/
myjulybabes
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2005 06:52:31 PM »

Hmmmm, and isn't gauge looser in the round than flat?  I knitted my gauge swatch flat........

I'm trying any excuse to start a new project here.  LOL   I think I'll go ahead and put it on the 8s, knit a couple inches, and throw it on some waste yarn and try it on.  If it doesn't work, a couple inches won't be too bad to frog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knottygnome
« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2005 05:49:52 AM »

If it doesn't work, a couple inches won't be too bad to frog.

just a word of advice:  i tried mine on after knitting a few inches (3, to be exact) and became terrified that it was going to be huge...but after knitting more of the body, gravity weighs it down and the circumference is not nearly as large as it first appears to be.

having said that...after working feverishly all weekend, i am now to the yoke on my sweater.  i added some "shaping" to mine by switching needle sizes a few times--going down a size near the waist section and also on the yoke, because i have narrow shoulders.  i am almost done, but the neckline looks awfully wide to me.  i'm worried that it won't sit on my shoulders in "boatneck fashion" without pulling the ribbon tight, which might make an odd bunchiness of fabric at the top.  has anybody else experienced this?  TIA
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2005 10:15:00 AM »

knottygnome, I too have narrow shoulders and so I did some decreases in the yoke - I put some notes on what i did on my blog (see the link below).  Let me know if they make sense/are helpful.  In retrospect, I probably should have done a bit more in the way of decreases, or gone down a needle size for the last few rows. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Working With Blur Filters in Photoshop CS6
Anarchy in the Organism Artwork at London Cancer Hospital
Lightroom 2 Layout Features
Smart Collections in Lightroom 2
Using the Filter Bar in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...