A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Tempting" knitalong - Winter Knitty  (Read 66653 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004 11:00:26 AM »

ii am hoping to make it a little longer than the pattern author-- she is five foot tall and weighs 100 pounds. holy cow. wish i had that bod.

no, no you don't!!!  trust me.  i'm 5 foot nothing and weigh 115.  i am a curvy girl, too, and finding clothing that actually fits is a pain in the ass.  forget about pants, really.  and sweaters.  my size is part of the reason that i ever took up knitting/sewing...so i could make clothes that FIT Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004 12:06:56 PM »

i cast on 2 days ago and am about 9 inches up the bodice.  my little fingers are getting QUITE the ribbing workout.   i am so poor, so i went with lion brand Wool-Ease in black.  the guage is RIGHT ON to the cashmerino woo hooo!!  also, it was only $8 total for the yarn.   and it doesn't feel too yucky either.

YAY!!!  I'm sooooooo glad to hear that wool ease is coming out right, b/c I'm planning to use it, too.  as soon as christmas presents are done, that is.   Undecided  how many balls did you get?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlypirate

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2004 01:22:24 PM »

i actually really love wool-ease.  it's warm and a hell of a lot cheaper than superwash wool, both of which have the fantastic advantage of being ok to throw in the washer.  so i'll probably opt for the wool-ease unless i get the $100 gift certificate to my lys that i want for christmas.  *prays*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhell
i'd rather be knitting....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004 04:00:28 PM »

ii am hoping to make it a little longer than the pattern author-- she is five foot tall and weighs 100 pounds. holy cow. wish i had that bod.

no, no you don't!!!  trust me.  i'm 5 foot nothing and weigh 115.  i am a curvy girl, too, and finding clothing that actually fits is a pain in the ass.  forget about pants, really.  and sweaters.  my size is part of the reason that i ever took up knitting/sewing...so i could make clothes that FIT Grin

i hear you!
i'm 5' and and 107 and clothes don't love me unless i make them love me (with sharp, pointy needles and such)
i usually end up having to use knitting patterns as a guideline and readjusting the number of stitches or gauges or nothing will fit me ever
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....like you're grandma's sewing machine on acid...
http://www.livejournal.com/users/i_hate_shoes
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2004 04:30:48 PM »

Yeah!  I got to keep my yummy wool yarn from Joanns, and got a pair of size 8 circulars, two pair of size 8 dpns (since the ones I grabbed only came four to a set), a size 15 circular (to make myself something nifty out of my yummy wool) and 3 balls of Wool-Ease in the light blue/grey color.  I'm really hopping that'll be enough, it if it isn't, I'm thinking about an inch and a half of cream color at the neckline with a ribbon that matches the body would be beautiful, and besides, they only had three balls in a matched lot.  And I only spent about $5 of my own money!  YAY! 

Now, if someone could explain to me why neither Joann's nor Hobby Lobby carried size 3 dpns (For the ball of Magic Stripes I got last night on clearance for 50% off, and the sock pattern on the lable) I'd be much obliged.  Joanns had a set of "sock dpns" that included five each of three sizes of dpns, but only size 2 and under, and that was it.  Hobby Lobby had size 1, size 2, size 4, 5, 6...  Where, I ask you, were the 3's??  Eesh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004 10:01:08 AM »

YAY!!!  I'm sooooooo glad to hear that wool ease is coming out right, b/c I'm planning to use it, too.  as soon as christmas presents are done, that is.   Undecided  how many balls did you get?

it was about 197 yards/ball... so i had to get 3!  but they were only $2.37 each.  is that amazing or what? i am hoping to finish this by saturday and my poor little wrist is just about fed up of 2x2 ribbing.   on a side note, the pattern author Jenna Adorno, has a similar pattern in SnB Nation...she loves ribbing.  has anyone seen her website? http://www.thisgirlknits.com/ SO cute.  cutest girl couple i've ever seen.  soooooo adorable! and talented!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004 12:05:30 PM by gretchen28 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a Banquet and Most Poor Suckers are Starving to Death
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004 11:42:52 AM »

I cast on last night, got about 5 stitches away form the end of the first row and realized I'd made a ribbing mistake about half a row ago, (the first time I've ever done that) and just laughed and frogged the whole thing.  I'll start again tonight.  I'm a little concerned, though, because I cast on loosely (onto my needle plus a smaller needle that got pulled out later, which gives me nice even stitches and flexible hems) and my circular needle still seemed too long.  I guess I'll see again tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Kimbabwe
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004 02:05:30 PM »

Ooh, I love this project! But unfortunately I have too many other works in progress to start in on this one right now. So I lurk in this knitalong thread and wait anxiously to see how all of your versions come out!

Go, Temptings, go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodkarma
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004 02:20:48 PM »

Please, please, please, post pictures of your finished Temptations when you're finished. I want to see what it looks like on different body types. I can imagine it on a very petite chick, but I'm a pretty medium sized normal chick who happens to be pretty well endowed in the bust region, so I think the ribbing would not look flattering on me... I'll live vicariously through all of you until someone with DDs proves me wrong!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004 02:29:05 PM »

and I'd really like to here from someone if the arms are ok or not...  I don't want my first large project to turn into something I'll never ever wear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Recipe
How to Make Raspberry-White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Dipped in Chocolate Desserts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...