A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,409
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jayne Cobb Hat! (with pattern)  (Read 471324 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , jayne_cobb , hat , serenity , whedon , tv , pattern , jayne_hat , earflap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Ma Cobb says, "Ni hao-wdy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2005 04:15:16 PM »

beaut-i-ous hats guys!  nice job. 

I too love that this thread lives on (26 pages indeed!). 

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2005 06:39:06 PM »

Way-hay-hait a minute! Wheres the pom-pom?   Undecided  I love the pom pom! Its what makes it so funny (well apart from the ear flaps)

The pom-pom is cute! Aw!  No pom-pom....   Wink

I added the pom pom after I took the pic, but already sent the hat to Josh, it was my fave part too!

« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2005 07:29:40 PM »

Re: pom-poms -- the Prym Pom-Pom Maker is the best thing ever! I think mine was $2.25, and worth every penny. I have pics in my blog (this entry), b/c I'm a spaz, but wanted to share this "find." (who knows how long they've been out)

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2005 10:38:56 AM »

Grin My rendition of the Jayne hat will be featured in my husband's next webisode.  There is a still of it at the end of his new blooper reel (blooper reel 4 - internet fad).  I am so excited for my little Jayne hat!  LOL  If anyone would like to see it there is a link in my siggy.

« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2005 07:02:18 AM »

I'm new. Just joined and read 26 pages on this thread anxiously awaiting the crochet instructions--which were never posted! Where are they?

Nice to meet you all,
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2005 10:33:29 AM »

I made one following Heather's pattern!!! My b/f is going to LOVE it!!!

thanks for the pattern Smiley
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005 12:13:07 PM by Bo-Baily » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hayley by Design on Etsy and Flickr
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2005 01:52:17 PM »

Hi im new to firefly and fell for it.  I am just now finishing up my first Jayne Cobb Hat and will post a picci when done.  I just love how many people have learnt to knit just to get this hat!

Catchya  Benbah Wink

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2005 05:05:32 PM »

I knitted me and two of my friends these Jayne hats and if you wear them in public they really do say "I ain't afeared a nuthin'..."
cos we drove around the parking lot of the big local shopping centre wearing them in the car while we looked for a parking spot.
(You know how crazy it gets round Christmas time!)

And while we got some "looks", I can tell you they were steppin' out of the way of that vehicle pretty smart!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010 10:29:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just Breathe...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2005 08:33:44 AM »

Still minus pom-pom, 'cause I haven't gotten that far.  Finished the gold and the earflaps last night, did the orange the night before.  made with wool/acrylic blend to avoid felting accidents, size 11 straights (yeah, I did it straight and seamed).

I'm not a Firefly fan (yet), but this was made for a Secret Santa exchange... this guy, who is a FANATIC for Joss Whedon, was definitely lucky he got me, as  I'm the only knitter in our group.  ;-)  It was my first hat.  Very fun!

« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2005 09:06:22 AM »

He IS very lucky. Expect to hear/see some some giddy behavior when he opens it. Nice job!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...