A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jayne Cobb Hat! (with pattern)  (Read 414112 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , jayne_cobb , hat , serenity , whedon , tv , pattern , jayne_hat , earflap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crumpet
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2005 08:20:37 PM »

Oh--Crumpet--fabulous buttons!

Thanks. Cheesy

I love your hat -- the holes and things just add to the whole Ma Cobb vibe!  Mr Crumpet and I watched the series again recently, and during that episode he said, "your hat is far too neat..." Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zen_child

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2005 01:19:26 PM »

lupinbunny, for my hats, I've just used two strands of 8-ply yarn held together.  I think I used a combination of Patons 'Fireside' and the Lincraft 'Cozy Wool' yarns.

I know these aren't hats, or knitting at all, but I've been making some more Firefly/Serenity crafts that have proved to be rather popular. Smiley

I have these for sale on my website.

Ooh, crumpet, how do you make your buttons?  I've always wondered how to make good-quality buttons like that.  I adore the Wash's dinosaur one, Kaylee's swirly-thing one, and the 'no power in the verse...' one; those are my favourites.  They're all beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, no, art is not for juggling.
crumpet
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2005 07:27:27 PM »

I bought a button maker from http://www.buybuttonparts.com

All the designs are my own (obviously the subject matter isn't!)  -- I use Illustrator to design them, and my graphics tablet to draw.  I also take them to get printed on a "proper" colour printer, not just an inkjet or something -- you end up with a far superior quality print.

Of course, if you don't want to go to all that trouble, you can just buy my badges! Wink Cheesy Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeSophie

mmmmmmmmmm......yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2005 10:26:13 AM »

So I bought the kit from Emisanboo - THANKS  Cheesy - it obviously arrived in time for the oh-so-cute 11-year-old-boy-o-mine to go as Jayne for Halloween!:

You gotta love a kid who thinks it's ok that only five (ok, maybe eight) people know who you are because he'd rather be such a "cool character" than "something boring".  And then he said, "the people on craftster will know - are you gonna post my picture?".

He's my favorite ham...

p.s. OH!  the tattoo I found for his arm says 'Mother' - hee.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010 10:29:49 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my new blog at http://lesophie.blogspot.com/ !
Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2005 12:23:48 PM »

Your son is easily the coolest 11 year old I've seen.  Great job knitting it, and on raising such a stellar kid.

Do you mind if I link to this post from www.wearwithstyle.com?  Given safety concerns around kids, I'll understand if the answer is no.

He rocks.  Smiley

By the way, my six year old said for months she wanted to be JoJo the clown (from Disney channel, which we don't even get).  Got a costume half-off at the Disney store, we were all ready to go... and literally two minutes before time to dress up she decides she wants to be a princess.  AAAARRRGGHH!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005 12:31:56 PM by Emisanboo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jayne hats and Jayne hat knitting kits at http://www.wearwithstyle.com
e-mail: heather@jaynehat.com
Glaistig
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2005 08:26:29 PM »

LeSophie, I agree with Emisanboo.  Your son so rocks.  Love it, including the classic scowl  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soapturtle
Turtle Collector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2005 10:20:53 AM »

Great Pic! I am about halfway done with my Jayne hat myself.  I ordered the kit from Emisanboo also and it's great!

I am also a huge fan of the Lamb's Pride Bulky now as well.  Anyone know of a cheap seller of it?  I gotta have more! I wanna make a cardi with it!

EDIT: Completed my Jayne Hat.  Pic on the blog.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005 06:05:52 PM by baast » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2005 09:25:17 AM »

Since I'm in the UK, I had to SERIOUSLY improvise with the wool used.  I ended up buying pure 100% sheeps wool from knitshop.co.uk since nobody else seems to want to make decent orange and yellow wool!

Here is my finished hat, apologies for the appalling quality:

It's for my friend, who is here posing in his finished hat (at 2am last night).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2005 09:32:26 AM »

Aw, I can't see the pic.

It's always so odd to me to hear about UK people not being able to find good wool.  It's a common complaint from UK folks, but I dunno, when I think of England's green and rolling hills, I think of sheep on them.  Another misconception blown away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jayne hats and Jayne hat knitting kits at http://www.wearwithstyle.com
e-mail: heather@jaynehat.com
fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2005 02:34:57 PM »

Whoops, sorry!

Hat in progress.

There we go.  Smiley

He's so happy with his new hat.  Apparently he got stopped in the street today and asked where he got it from!  I've told people to tell him to quote a nice price of 50 to anybody who wants one and to point them in my direction! Smiley

This was my last practice run of a knitted item, now I'm charging proper money for knitted items.. they're worth it now!  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010 11:00:16 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Great Ways to Grill Your Breakfast
How to Make Vegetable Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make a Chicken Salad Sandwich
How to Make Old Fashioned Buffalo Chicken Wings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...