A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,925
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jayne Cobb Hat! (with pattern)  (Read 423161 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , jayne_cobb , hat , serenity , whedon , tv , pattern , jayne_hat , earflap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mackster
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2005 07:36:31 PM »

Ohmy goodness, MY Serenity premiere...

I'd like to note that I went with 4 of my hat recipients, so there were 5 of us in a row in the theatre with matching hats. When we walked in, we got a lot of comments. "Whoa, the Jayne hat crew!" "Dude... CUNNING hats!" and my favorite, "Jayne! The man they call Jayne!"

My friend Joel made a quick annoucement before the movie that I would make the hats for a price. And YES, Joel and I both noticed the very quick hat scene, and Joel being the outspoken fellow he is. shouts "IT'S THE HAT" and the audience(being downtown and opening night, all geeky and fan-crazy) lauighed and cheered.

It was one of the most epic and awesome movie premieres I have ever attended.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2005 07:41:22 PM »

Hahahahaaaaa!  Clearly, the premiere was in the crappy town where you are a hero!

That's fabulous.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jayne hats and Jayne hat knitting kits at http://www.wearwithstyle.com
e-mail: heather@jaynehat.com
meeja
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2005 09:15:26 AM »

Thanks for the pattern! I'm halfway through one for the UK premiere tomorrow. John Lewis was running low on these particular colours, so I figure I'm not the only one making hats. I used Jaeger Matchmaker DK and Cygnet Superwash DK (100% wool, gauge 22st across 10cms) to get the right colours. I'm running them double to get the right thickness. It seems a shame to use nice wool (the Matchmaker anyway) for a faddy hat, but I couldn't find anything rubbish the right colour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2005 09:26:41 AM »

Don't worry, it's the warmest hat ever, and winter's coming on.  After Serenity's out of theaters, you can still wear it.

And people will see you walking down the street and know you're not afraid of anything.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mackster
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2005 12:46:34 PM »

I am -so- looking forward to wearing mine when winter comes. I knit it in August, for heaven's sake. It's just to WARM yet to wear it outdoors for a long period of time! ;____;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CartoonistJme
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2005 07:47:49 PM »

Ahh, Serenity.

After the movie aired everyone wanted a Jayne hat.  Now here's my quandry... 
Being a crocheter by nature making a whole hoarde of knit Jayne hats was fairly stressful.  I ended up making a knit body and crochet earflaps, with a crab stitch rim.  Then, out of pure stubbornness, I whipped up one that was completely crochet.  Not truely a replica, it still looks pretty darn cool.  so...

any helpful hints on making actual knit earflaps???   (though I must say the crochet ones look dashing) and... anyone interested in the complete crochet pattern for the hat? (I figure knitters can't have all the fun)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I knit.  I crochet.  I'm a blackbelt in Tae Kwon do.  Now I repeat... do you like my sweater, punk?
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2005 07:53:43 AM »

ha! i have had problems from hell with my boyfriend + hat (he lost hat on road, which karma dictated was only borrowed because he found it in the road anyway, blah blah blah). I have tried, completed and frogged two Very Ugly Hats of my own design, which i cannot blame him for refusing to wear.
And now, thankfully, having discovered firefly (it never showed in australia), he wants a Jayne hat. So i have a pattern to follow! yay!

just need to get me some wool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2005 08:11:48 AM »

Heh.  I finally started offering kits, because so many people were having trouble finding yarn in the right colors.  Must be all us Firefly knitters all realizing "Ack!  I need a hat NOW!"

Of course, if you're in Australia, summer's coming on... so try not to sweat in your hat too much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meeja
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2005 08:41:53 AM »

^^is there any rule against a cotton Jayne hat for warmer climes?

Me and my friend wore Jayne hats for the London premiere. We saw a few others, but their designs were different. Noticably the earflaps give people problems. I think mine came out best! Anyway, people took our photograph and we kept warm. We wore them on the way to the cinema too (until they got too hot) but no one seemed to stare. I figure there are stranger things than us walking through Soho of an evening!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2005 08:55:09 AM »

^^is there any rule against a cotton Jayne hat for warmer climes?

Heh.  Nope.  I did one in Araucania Nature Cotton for a woman in Oklahoma, and am sending a cotton kit off today.  Gotta stay cool!

Colors are the now discontinued #10 for orange, #3 for yellow, and #17 for red.   Man, I hate that they discontinued that orange.

(Actually, the orange might have been a particularly lucky find in #4, which is listed as "salmon."  I haven't seen any #4 as orange as that since, though.  Color varies like crazy even within dye lots in Araucania.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Prawn & Scallop Moneybag Dumplings
How to Make Steamed Rice Parcels with Chinese Mushrooms
How to Make Chinese Pork Ribs
How to Make Leftover-Turkey Spring Rolls
How to Buy a Chinese Steamer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...