A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jayne Cobb Hat! (with pattern)  (Read 416187 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , jayne_cobb , hat , serenity , whedon , tv , pattern , jayne_hat , earflap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2005 12:37:50 PM »

That is the most adorable baby ever.  You made my day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jayne hats and Jayne hat knitting kits at http://www.wearwithstyle.com
e-mail: heather@jaynehat.com
chee
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2005 02:17:31 PM »

Ok, it's time for me to knit this.  With the release of Serenity right around the corner, I've got to have my own Jayne hat.  Here's my question- did you go with Lopi, or Bulky Lopi?  Any site recommendations as to where to buy?  Any other yarn choices thatg worked well?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005 05:24:32 AM »

I used Brown Sheep, Lamb's pride, worsted wieght.  It's a little softer than Lopi, and has worked great.  I have made two hats so far for friends....I swear the next one is for me  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2005 11:12:15 AM »

I originally went with Lopi, but wasn't happy with the orange color.  I've switched to Lamb's Pride bulky.  I'd happily switch back if Lopi had a good orange that wasn't pink.

And I'm right there with you - a sea of Jayne hats to make for other people, but I still haven't made my own!

(http://www.wearwithstyle.com/)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mackster
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2005 02:00:39 PM »

Yeah, I did notice that your orange was quite bright - weird, cause I have orange Lopi that's a deep orange, like in the show. Maybe they don't offer that colour at your LYS?

Nonetheless, I'm glad you guys found a good substitute - I personally don't find Lopi too itchy, but then I've worn a lot of animal fibres in my day, I think my skin is accustomed to it.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2005 07:51:14 AM »

Hey, thanks for the info!  Maybe I should send away for a Lopi color card.  Not before I use up all my Lamb's Pride, though, which I finally had to buy on cones to get the quantities I needed.  Jayne hat demand is high, as it should be!  Everyone should wear a Jayne hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mackster
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2005 09:37:45 AM »

Man, don't I know it! Everyone and their gorram sister wants me to make them one Wink I usually only charge for the cost of yarn though, cause I really enjoy knitting them - and the praise I get from them gives my ego great boosts. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazycatladymel
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2005 08:43:56 AM »

Oops! I never came back to post about my hat! It was this post that got me started and I thought I'd posted the results.

I was watching The Message, and just said to my fiance, "I am going to make one of those hats."
"For me?" He asked. I was shocked, because since I learned to knit, I've wanted to make him something, but he didn't want anything -- won't wear sweaters, hats or scarves. Now he wants a hat? I said as much, and he said, "Oh, but this hat I'd wear." Sure enough, we had some seriously cold weather after I finished his, and he wore it to work (first day, someone said "What'd you order a body for?" (or something like that)) for several days. His was big, b/c he has a big head and is a tiny bit bigger than called for.

I found a pattern here, and one or two elsewhere, and combined couple to get the right kind for my knitting style. I used Brown Sheep (?) b/c it's the only stuff available locally in the right weight and colors. I usually hate wool, but was surprised to find that I could wear it without going crazy. (I'm wearing mine to the premiere, and hope to make a fun T-shirt as well). I've given thought to trying it in cotton too, but haven't had time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

catboy
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005 10:02:59 AM »

Wow, i so have to make one in time for the movie (if it gets released here, we still haven't had a confirmed date for Australia, and i'm not holding my breath because the series only showed here at one in the morning).
How many stitches do you think you should cast on for a big fat boofy male head?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mackster
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2005 03:19:00 PM »

Oh, do not get me started on the permiere! Bah, too late...

Silk screening is another fun hobby of mine. I plan to silkscreen this image (minus the right text, Photoshopped out) into a shirt, and wear it with the Jayne hat.  Cheesy

Plus, I have a lovely brown coat my mom is loaning to me. Browncoats, unite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Meet Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Meet Ebru Artist Bingul Sevimli
Ebru Demonstration by Bingul Sevimli
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...