A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chuck Palahniuk Signed Survivor tote bag  (Read 5627 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007 06:46:15 PM »

i just bought Fight Club to read on my vacation this summer. i recently saw him on.. im think it was john stewart? hmmmm now i cant rememeber... some show where they interviewed him.. anyways... i then instantly got turned onto him (not in a sexy way, in a i want to read EVERYTHING hes done kinda way)

im so glad to see this is obviously a great choice..

and the bag rocks! the stitching is fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allyinthevalley
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007 07:24:31 PM »

My husband is a big fan of Chuck's too. I think he's okay. I prefer Neil Gaiman over, well, everybody. ANYWAY though, I think that the bag is awesome. Very, very clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheilamonstah

portrait of a lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007 08:28:54 PM »

Great bag!  I love the quote you chose.  I envy you so much for getting to meet Chuck!  My fairly nonexistent moneypennies have only allowed me to buy Diary, Invisible Monsters, and Fight Club, but I adore them all.  My copy of Fight Club is getting so tattered, because I read it so often, and then I force it on my friends.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come join the youth and beauty brigade.
crzychick
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007 12:32:34 PM »

That looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
zombiesare
.Built for sin.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007 01:17:08 PM »

ahhh thats awesome! i love chuck too! i wish i had known he was coming to Tdot! im in Niagara Falls but i woulda driven up to see him! ah well. the bag is badass! Survivor is awesome. im still trying to decide my fave CP book. either invisible monsters, or choke. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im here for a good time, not a long time.
MDodson
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007 03:04:55 PM »

First of all, your tote is awesome.

Secondly.. I looove Chuck Palahniuk. I've read almost all of his books (I must get Rant!!) and Survivor is my favorite book (not just of his, but in general).. And his writing is great, it's made me more into wanting to be a writer, but still unsure of my abilities.  Roll Eyes lol.

Anyway, that's super cool.. I would never get rid of that book or tote! Great memory.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
life_of_infamy56
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007 04:40:25 PM »

Thanks so much, everyone! it's awesome to see that there are so many of us fans on craftster, I honestly wasn't expecting a response like this. and yes, it's Choke, and yes, Choke is amazing. lol

that is so cool that he signed your bag too! well, cool isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.
this actually made me grin.

zombiesare, Chuck is like Stephen King in how he basically releases a book a year, so I'm sure that there will be more opportunities. watch The Cult, they'll always have his tour dates and they'll always have them first, it's how I found out about this one.

And his writing is great, it's made me more into wanting to be a writer, but still unsure of my abilities.  Roll Eyes lol.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.  Tongue oh, and don't worry, this bag is going to be used until it's beyond repair (and when a craftster says that you know they mean business lol) and then preserved... somehow.

spirals420... Jon Stewart and Chuck Palahniuk?! *jaw drops* I must hunt down that interview... youtube ahoy.
ooh.. he also did an awesome interview with George Strombolopoulis (no joke, when I was about to spell his last name I was hit by a momentary wave of horror.. and I probably spelled it wrong too). you should check it out, you can find it on the official website of his show The Hour.

I feel like Chuck's unofficial hype girl in how much I talk about him and recommend his stuff to others, but hey, to say the man deserves it is an understatement.
again, thanks guys. much love <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
sirensrising
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007 05:36:14 PM »

Incidentally, I'm surprised no-one said anything along the lines of
"Flash. Give me jealousy.
Flash. Give me awesome.
Flash. Give me that bag."

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007 06:09:58 PM »

spirals420... Jon Stewart and Chuck Palahniuk?! *jaw drops* I must hunt down that interview... youtube ahoy.
ooh.. he also did an awesome interview with George Strombolopoulis (no joke, when I was about to spell his last name I was hit by a momentary wave of horror.. and I probably spelled it wrong too). you should check it out, you can find it on the official website of his show The Hour.

sorry to get your hopes up.. this is definately what i watched .... i just couldnt rememeber on what show i saw him on... it was a great interview. totally got me interested in his books...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007 03:07:40 PM »

I love it. Love, love, love it.

Didn't the chick in Survivor have cornflower blue eyes? It's been years since I read it, so I could be totally 100% wrong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 2
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 1
David A. Kessler Talks About The End of Overeating
ReShonda Tate Billingsley Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Suzy Welch Reveals Who She Admires Most
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...