A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zimmerman KAL??  (Read 8650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MairWear
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2007 09:43:44 AM »

I've been lurking here for awhile.  I did the Baby Surprise Jacket this summer.  I haven't finished it up yet (as you can see in the pic) but will soon since it's getting colder now.

Also, because of the adorable tomten  I saw earlier in this post (I forgot who it was.. but it's on her blog) I made this one. (EDITED TO ADD: it was Stitcheees (THANK YOU!) and here's the link: http://50villapeikkoa.blogspot.com/2007/07/tonttunen.html  )

This was such a FUN knit!  I made it in two days!!  I'm going to make another one for my older son (both of these jackets are for my younger son).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 09:46:33 AM by MairWear » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2008 04:24:45 PM »

Here is my second EZ item.  They are the mitered mittens from May of the Knitter's Almanac.  I cannot rave enough about this woman and her writing and knitting skills.  She was amazing.  This book is so worth the price - not just for the amazing patterns, but for her witty insights as well.

They are large since I knit them at slightly larger than guage as I plan on knitting a lining for them.  (I think I live in one of the coldest places on earth - regular mittens just won't do)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2008 05:51:31 PM »

Those are fabulous! Makes me want to knit them ... I'll have to ask my niece if she wants some ... you may live in the coldest place on earth, but I live in about the hottest! (Well, not really, but Thailand is NOT a place for mittens except in over-air-conditioned offices!)

I agree with you about EZ - just fantastic. I've got her wishbone sweater OTN now and loving it - I'm using some striping yarn from Murano, Austermann. (I think) Also got the yarn for but haven't started the adult surprise sweater - for my mom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2008 04:18:16 AM »

I've looked at the wishbone sweater.  The  construction is very interesting.  What yarn are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2008 05:48:29 PM »

My yarn is actually on the small side, should really be a bit chunkier, but it was all I could get here in Bangkok. It is Austermann Murano (http://yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=3394) and is gorgeous both in appearance and to work with. I'm using #9 for my brother, and will be using #1 for my mom - as an adult surprise jacket.

Edited to add - Oh, the construction of the wishbone is fascinating. Totally totally different from anything I've done and I'm loving it. I had to take a pause while I ordered another ball of the yarn since the store here stopped carrying it, but it is indeed a fast sweater (she originally named it her last-minute-hurry-up sweater or something like that).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 05:49:57 PM by Riki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2008 05:57:09 PM »

Both of those colours are gorgeous!!  I hope you post pics soon!  Is your family living in Bangkok too?  It would be a shame to knit those beautiful sweaters and have the temps too hot to wear them.

How fast is fast?  I like the idea of the wishbone sweater, but I don't think it would be flattering for me.  I can totally see this in a ragwool type for DH though.  I would start in December, just in time for Christmas like EZ did.

I'm so taken with the mittens, I'm currently halfway through another pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2008 09:07:34 PM »

Fortunately for my knitting, only my Thai husband and I live in Bangkok - everyone else lives where they can actually use sweaters (other than in the over-aircon offices!)

It does work up really fast and I think a week of TV knitting would probably do it. No concentration required until the top sleeves part, and then only minimal. I too think of it as more of a man's style ... though someone on Ravelry did it in small mohair I think on big needles in order to get gauge and it was beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2008 03:53:10 AM »

Oh, I have to check that out.  I'll bet it is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2008 02:13:34 PM »

ooh! I just moved from Tucson to St. Louis, and I on the drive I started the shawl (it IS perfect travel knitting!) featured on the cover, with the lace diamonds. I'm just about to start the scallop-y bits in the center ring of the lace. It was moving along so quickly until I started working the rounds of 288, but I'm getting into the flow of things. And by the time I get to the 500+ stitch rounds... wow. I'm using paton's Lacette, in a pretty lavender. Pictures eventually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
krafty_kelly
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2008 08:37:17 AM »

Can't wait to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Infuse Glass and Clay
How to Throw a Large Bowl - pt 2- Trimming
How to make a Large Wheel Thrown Vessel with Two Clay Bodies
How to make an Extra Large Bowl - wheel throwing
Finished Pottery Pieces from the Kiln
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...