A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swapping already swapped items  (Read 12480 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlebluegirl
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008 01:18:18 AM »

I wouldn't let a few bad experiences deter you from swapping, littlebluegirl.  The vast majority of swaps go well, with everyone happy.  Just check out the galleries and you'll see what I mean. 

Thanks Retromiad, I've had some great swapping experiences myself Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargardener
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008 07:04:01 AM »

I love presents!  They make me feel happy.  I love swapping because I get to GIVE a gift which for me...& I think many of the swappers I have met in my short journey...is a HUGE part of why I do this. 

I recieved a thing in a swap I knew my sis would love and sure enough the first time she saw it she took it...it matches her better and I love to see her happy.  I plan on doing a swap (Dr. Seuss one when it goes up) with her in mind.  She <3s Dr.Seuss!!!!  and has a lot of Seussish things in her home.  I never gave it a thought nor would I have even been quiet about the fact that it was all for her.

I am a re-gifter!  Sometimes I get more excited about a gift that I get to give to someone else than one for myself.  I am not sure that I would feel comfortable re-swapping...I would be very nervous about hurting someones feelings, but I might re-gift something to a friend or my sis that I got here, or she would just take it from me...don't worry about me though, I have no problem doing the same, we are very close.

Most of the time I can't wait for my husband to open his presents even if they are from me and I know what they are and I couldn't wait to find out about my baby girl when I was pregnant...It was like carrying around a GIANT wrapped package!  Pure Torture for me!!!

My perfect swap!
I get to order things from the internet that come to my house (ooo a little suprise in the mail...like a present)
I get to craft! (gift to myself)
I get to wrap a gift! (another gift to myself!)
go to post office (the only really sad part)
Then I get to open the present to me! YEAH!
inside there is a little something in for me and something that someone I love would like as well!
And then I get to wrap it!
And then I get to give it away!
and the cycle continues!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008 11:24:56 PM »

I spent a good chunk of time making an item for a gal I know (not on craftster) in exchange for an item for a swap.  I have no intentions of claiming that I made it and have full plans to include who made the item.  I am pretty sure my partner will like it (although she is one of those that wants a total surprise so I am ot positive) but I thought that is was okay to do that.  I may not have crafted for my partner but I knew what I wanted crafted and I crafted something in exhange for it. 

What do you all think?  I still have time before I send out so I can change this if seems shady.  Should I just PM her and ask her?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008 03:27:01 AM »

I spent a good chunk of time making an item for a gal I know (not on craftster) in exchange for an item for a swap.  I have no intentions of claiming that I made it and have full plans to include who made the item.  I am pretty sure my partner will like it (although she is one of those that wants a total surprise so I am ot positive) but I thought that is was okay to do that.  I may not have crafted for my partner but I knew what I wanted crafted and I crafted something in exhange for it. 

What do you all think?  I still have time before I send out so I can change this if seems shady.  Should I just PM her and ask her?
i think as long as you're honest about it, there isn't anything wrong with it.  did the person who made the item know that those were your intentions?  if so, i think it's totally fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008 10:17:25 AM »

I agree.  I did a personal swap for an swap journal to send to someone on craftster once (I made several other things as well). I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to paper crafting, and it was a wish list swap, so I felt it was the best way to give my partner what she truly wanted (and I made a point of telling both people exactly what I did and why).  Both people were completely fine with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2008 10:22:12 AM »

I think it depends on the requirements of the particular swap.  If you are unsure if it will be okay, you might want to check with your organizer.

For example, if the requirements of the swap say, "You will craft 1 large item for your partner," and you send one item made by someone else, that might be a problem.  To me, it sounds like it would be an extra since you didn't craft it for the swap.  Will you still meet the requirements of the swap if you removed it from the package?

I hope that all makes sense.  I'm awfully tired today. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008 11:32:41 AM »

I think it depends on the requirements of the particular swap.  If you are unsure if it will be okay, you might want to check with your organizer.

For example, if the requirements of the swap say, "You will craft 1 large item for your partner," and you send one item made by someone else, that might be a problem.  To me, it sounds like it would be an extra since you didn't craft it for the swap.  Will you still meet the requirements of the swap if you removed it from the package?

I hope that all makes sense.  I'm awfully tired today. Smiley

Makes complete sense.  I will talk with the organizer and see what she says.  If I remove it from the package I would still meet the requirements but the package would be a little bit empty.  At least to me.  It counts as one of the smalls right now but I have some extras in there too.

Thanks for the advice!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2008 12:31:32 PM »

No problem!  Glad to help. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010 11:36:57 PM »

So I got a PM from one of my swappers (we'll call her A) before I assigned partners that she didn't want to be partnered with this other person (we'll call her B). When asked why, she told me that B "reswapped" items in another swap that she, A, had sent B in a different swap. This reswapping was done without permission. I made note of it and made sure that I didn't partner the two members.

B's partner for the swap I'm running just posted pictures and it's extremely obvious that several of the handmade items are reswaps. B has given credit to the original craftster members who made the items.. but I'm still not very happy with the situation. B's partner is a first time swapper and isn't aware of any issues that the contents of her package might arise by her posting pictures of them with the tags in the gallery.

For all intents and purposes, B sent her partner a fantastic package this swap.. but it was a package filled with items made for B by other swappers. Whether it was with the items' creator's permission or not, I don't know. She did fill the requirements of the swap, however, and she'll receive positive feedback.. but I still don't think that this is something that should go unnoticed.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 05:34:38 AM by lapoli - Reason: edited to remove swap specifics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010 09:18:25 AM »

Yikes! Did she fulfill her part of the swap requirements? Like, if she was supposed to make 3 things, and she sent 1 thing she made and 2 things made by someone else, to me that's kind of the same as sending store bought items, ya know? Like she didn't craft what she should and should have to re-send actual items she made. Other than that it sounds like someone should definitely talk to her about swap etiquette, have you submitted a swap ticket for help with this specific situation?

Also, if I get a heads up about someone like that at the beginning of the swap, I probably would put in a help desk ticket so the swap mods know what's going on so they can look into the situation and help keep an eye on things. I am all over submitting help desk tickets though, the swap mods probably run when they see my tickets lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Eight Pointed Star
How to Fold an Origami Six Piece Lotus Flower
How to Fold an Origami Box with a Lid
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...