A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,251
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swapping already swapped items  (Read 13439 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007 12:37:54 PM »

I think people for the most part on the STS have been very fair. I have seen things in the STS where the person has said who made it. I really like that, as it not only gives credit to the person, but also lets the buyer know the originator and can get in touch and communicate if they like with the fellow craftster member.

Letting the person know you are ofering it up is a good action too, it avoids hurt feelings hopefully.

I would be more offended if one of my items ended up in the trash, or a tag sale vs. regifted to a ccrafter who wants it.
And like Grieney said, she was on the other end and was happy that the final recipient was SUPER pumped on getting what she made. That is flattering to say the least. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007 05:08:17 PM »

I thought I would throw my 2 cents into the mix....I have been in the last 3 Sweat Shop Swaps. This is the kind of swap where you get to make a list from the items listed in the "shops" and choose your top 5 things. We normally get our 1st and 2nd items off our lists but for the remaining items, sometimes we also get things we dont have use for... I have gotten some AWESOME crafts from this swap and have found a use for many of them. BUT...

I recently re-swapped an item I received in the Sweat Shop Swap, I had received 2 of the same things in different fabrics, so I kept one for myself and sent the other off to a swap partner. I only did this because the item fit the swap theme and I thought she owuld enjoy it and use it more than myself. I wrote her a note and said that it came from another craftster and if when posting the items she received, if she would give credit to the original crafter. I also sent a PM to the swapper that sent it to me and explained the situation. I think I handled it well and I hope no one was offended. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007 05:18:07 PM »

I think that's the perfect way to handle it, Kish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007 05:22:27 AM »

I've never re-swapped but I do usually give away a few items that I have no use for. I agree with the general consensus that if you have no use for it and you give proper credit than it's okay. Like lasandri said, after 40+ swaps it's easy to collect like a million purses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007 02:11:23 PM »

I recently did a personal with Kishcrafts, and she sent me some of her beautiful clay donuts!  and I love them! 
And then I was in this other swap, and my partner told me how much she loves mini clay deserts...so I PMed Kish to make sure it was OK with her, and I sent my partner a little donut, along with Kish's business card, and a little note explaining the whole thing.  I figure that way I spread the mini-desert glory around and do some advertising for Kish at the same time!

I think its always most important to give credit to the person who made the craft, whoever ends up with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007 02:22:36 PM »

I recently did a personal with Kishcrafts, and she sent me some of her beautiful clay donuts!  and I love them! 
And then I was in this other swap, and my partner told me how much she loves mini clay deserts...so I PMed Kish to make sure it was OK with her, and I sent my partner a little donut, along with Kish's business card, and a little note explaining the whole thing.  I figure that way I spread the mini-desert glory around and do some advertising for Kish at the same time!

I think its always most important to give credit to the person who made the craft, whoever ends up with it!

Smiley I forgot about this.  thanks again for sharing with your swap partner and for giving me credit for my work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007 03:33:46 PM »

See that's a fantastic example, you gave credit to kish and gave your partner and awesome craft that she obviously loved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007 04:54:13 PM »

I've given a few of my swap items to friends/family who aren't on Craftster.  That way they get used, and nobody is offended because their stuff is being re-gifted.

I personally wouldn't be upset if I sent an item someone didn't want and they passed it on, but some people are more sensitive than I am, and I can live with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Muria
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007 07:58:16 AM »

I guess it would bother me if 1) my partner said they loved it, and 2) then regifted it without telling me.  I know with the sweat shoppe swap, I have some things that I haven't actually found a use for yet, but since it would bother me to be regifted, I hang onto it to find something to do with it.  Smiley  I probably wouldn't mind much if I were asked first.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007 12:53:15 AM »

I've given a few of my swap items to friends/family who aren't on Craftster. 

I seem to be doing this quite often, usually when I spot something in the Shop the Swap that I know will be perfect for someone else and it's something I can't make. Of the swaps I've been in, the organizers have been fantastic at matching us all up and I've been lucky to swap with people who have similar tastes and have really been very thoughtful when crafting for me.

I tend to agree with what has been said already, as long as it's done tactfully then re-swapping sounds like a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sticky Rice and Eggs with Jalapenos
How to Make Simple Fried Rice
How to Make Asian Buffalo Wings
How to Make Sautéed Orange Chicken
Easy Homemade Chinese Dumplings
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...