A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tissue Pouches, and Lots of 'Em!  (Read 1849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« on: August 15, 2007 02:09:43 PM »

I made these to go in with my Christmas gifts this year, I have decided to go with a more grab bag idea for gifts.  Make a bag (I am making everyone queenofdiy's grocery bag) and then stuff with smaller quick to craft gifts and one, maybe 2 (if I like you more) larger, more specific, gifts.  These are going in them, as well as crocheted dishcloths (I am doing the 50 by '08 challenge of the crochet board and I don't need 50 dishcloths myself), and whatever else I can think of.  Alright, less rambling, more picture posting.

I started out refering to a tutorial online for these just to get measurements but then I didn't even use those measurements, but they are pretty much just like any other tissue pouches you might come across, since there really aren't too many ways you can make them.  It's a great way to use up scraps!
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007 02:24:38 PM »

Those are very cute... But where in the dickens did you get the wolfpack fabric?  My son is a senior there and are family is rather wolfpack nuts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007 03:23:08 PM »

I actually got the Wolfpack fabric from eBay around last Christmas (got a FQ, used the rest to make 2 coffee cozies), since I'm in MD and can't get it around here.  That one is for my youngest BIL, he will be starting his 2nd year there next week.  (The coffee cozies were for him last year)
I got some UNC fabric at the local Walmart last time I was in NC, they also had State and Duke fabrics.  My husband went to UNC, now if I can just figure out what to make him with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007 03:29:47 PM »

Another fabric question - but first some admiration!  I love the tissue packs, cute and useful, and I love the idea of making christmas gifts that way - things everyone can use, and some personalization, but not hours spent in the mall with huge piles of cash jumping out of your wallet!  So, great job.  Now, secondly, where did you get the gorgeous turqouise fabric with the flowers?  I LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007 03:48:27 PM »

Thanks!

It was from Joann's (I get most of my fabric from Joann's, though looking at these half of the fabric is off eBay, haha), I got it last summer, so I don't know if they still carry it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007 04:35:59 PM »

Another fabric question - but first some admiration!  I love the tissue packs, cute and useful, and I love the idea of making christmas gifts that way - things everyone can use, and some personalization, but not hours spent in the mall with huge piles of cash jumping out of your wallet!  So, great job.  Now, secondly, where did you get the gorgeous turqouise fabric with the flowers?  I LOVE it!

..well your on a jammie roll Grin  you could make him sleep shorts or something.... I live in a very rural town and our Walmart doesn't carry it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007 04:54:42 PM »

Love the fabric you used! Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
stick

"I'm Only Good At Being Young"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007 06:25:44 PM »

Great idea!  Grin  They turned out very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stick Officially Has Wists!
http://www.wists.com/appstatestick/all
pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007 06:48:42 PM »

That is a gift I would love to get...handmade items and lots of small things to open!! That old sewing maching fabric is the coolest of cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amityjo
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007 01:31:02 AM »

Woo hoo! I love the NC State one! And the others too, but the State one most of all  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
How To Cook a Turkey
The History of Pumpkin Pie
How to Make a Delicious Pumpkin Bisque
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...