A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tangled Yoke Cardigan Knitalong  (Read 13427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carrera
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007 11:39:37 AM »

I just used a credit to my LYS to get some Felted Tweed in Herb for this and I'm so excited to start!  Just need to track down my needles after the move...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007 12:24:37 PM »

eunoia - I just went to a craft store yesterday and fell in love with a green Silky Tweed!  I've never used it before, so I'm anxious to get started.  I was worried it was too thin, so I'm glad to hear you got gauge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007 05:17:41 PM »

I'm not in this knitalong but I just wanted to share that someone on ravelry has already finished knitting this (speedy!!) Shocked! you can check out her cardigan on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/11807019@N05 I just have to say that this cardi is absolutely gorgeous, can't wait to see the FOs here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lifrax
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007 05:53:57 PM »

Wow...fastest knitter ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007 06:46:23 PM »

Wow, that's really pretty!  I hope mine turns out that well.  My yarn's supposed to be here tomorrow and I picked up some needles yesterday since I didn't have the 40" in 4s or 3s (I nearly always have to go down at least one needle size).  I have avoided the itch to start something new by finishing up other projects since I knew that I'd get to start this soon.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007 07:43:19 PM »

Ah - I didn't even check the needles!  I need to go get some new ones too.  Hers turned out great, I can't wait to get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
landry
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007 10:46:47 AM »

Here's a progress shot:

I am using US 4s to get gauge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007 11:35:04 AM »

That is going to be so beautiful! Excellent yarn choice, Landry!
I am so in love with this pattern, but I have so much Christmas knitting piling up already, it'll be so long before I am able to have it on my needles!  Sad I guess for now I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys  Wink
I can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tapdust
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007 01:00:34 PM »

I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it but upon further inspection realized that I was smack dab in the middle of two sizes.  I'll just wait a bit and see how things turn out for everyone.  At least I have plenty of other projects going to keep me busy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007 09:32:52 PM »

I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it but upon further inspection realized that I was smack dab in the middle of two sizes.  I'll just wait a bit and see how things turn out for everyone.  At least I have plenty of other projects going to keep me busy Smiley

I'm right in the middle of two sizes, as well.  My yarn came yesterday and I've swatched with 4s which gave me stitch gauge spot-on.  But the row gauge is quite a bit off which I think will be problematic with the yoke decreases, which I'd rather not have to recalculate.  I'm swatching with 5s now to see if I can get closer to row gauge and hoping that the difference in stitch gauge will be enough for me to knit the smaller of the two sizes I'm in between and get something that will fit.  My fingers are crossed.

About the yarn:  I ordered the lichen color and was quite surprised when I opened the box to see how light it was.  Looking at the web site now, I think that they actually sent me the light sage color, which is a darker green than it appears on my screen, but still pretty light.  I'm not going to send it back, though, because I like it and after I placed my order I started to worry about how well the cables would show in that darker color.  So that's all good, though I am a wee bit irritated.  I don't tend to have good luck with orders from WEBS. 

Anyway, the yarn itself is pretty scratchy to work with and I was worried that it was not going to make a nice fabric, but after it soaked for a little bit it softened up quite a bit and the yarn really bloomed well, so I'm pleased. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Eight Pointed Star
How to Fold an Origami Six Piece Lotus Flower
How to Fold an Origami Box with a Lid
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...