A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anime/Manga Swap Round 2- Signups closed, SEND BY 10/3  (Read 13091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007 08:40:42 PM »

Is anyone here familiar with live actions?
I want to include some ones that I really like on my questionnaire, but I don't know if that would be fair.

See, I really loved the Nana live action movie, and kamikaze girls was pretty good too, I also hear goong is worth a look.

for awhile I really wanted to see the death note live action, but the reviews were not so great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Arzu
Cookies and Lasers! Brilliant!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007 11:31:28 PM »

I've been wanting to see the Death Note live action too!  The only live action that I've watched all the way through was Nodame Cantabile and I ADORE it, so much more than the anime.  I found that in the anime they cheaped out on the animation during the orchestral scenes, and just showed a lot of still shots of the characters.  The live action is wonderful though, and the orchestra is so interesting to watch!  Each character has their own characteristic way that they play their instrument in the orchestra and it's so much more engaging than the anime.  And the girl that plays Nodame is adorable!  And Mine's hair!  With his awesome hair clips!  The anime doesn't even come close to showing that awesomeness there.  But I should stop rambling now.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madpimp
Non-Player Character

That's not just pimp, it's MAD pimp.

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007 11:39:31 PM »

<3 live action... Matsumoto Jun is just too cute [gokusen 1, hana yori dango]...  I think live actions based on mangas or animes are a-ok in my book... It's related and you probably seen/read both anyhow. =]

At least that's the case with me. Smiley

BTW, how many have you guys watched?  My tally hit 150 series recently... [i started keeping an excel sheet when i hit around 100]... I feel like such a loser.

Although, I did start watching in like, 97... So technically that's like, 15 series a year, right?  Which is only, like... one series a month... :X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artoo1121
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007 05:53:28 AM »

The only live action I've ever watched was the Sailor Moon live action series, and I think the anime club was just showing it to make fun of it because it was so cheesy.  But even so, I don't think watching it EVERY WEEK was necessary. 

I don't know how many anime series I've watched totally, but I have about 120 gigs full of anime and about 80 DVDs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my store, Portrait of a Penguin!  Learn the history of the ancient penguins!

Come check out my blog, Geek Central Station!
dizzylizzy

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007 07:00:12 AM »

Wow, I feel so behind now. I only started watching anime when I started college. So I've seen maybe about 30, plus 5 live actions. I've read more manga, just cuz I usually prefer that over anime, and I also like one-shots, so they go faster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Arzu
Cookies and Lasers! Brilliant!

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007 07:43:14 AM »

I didn't get into anime until university either.  Up until then, I'd only ever seen a few anime movies, like Ghost in the Shell and Akira.  Based on those, it was enough for me to relegate anime to the 'weird and only barely watchable' category.  But then my brother sent me the Escaflowne DVD's and everything changed.  It had a plot I could follow!  It had character development!  It had humour and romance and drama!  Escaflowne changed everything for me, and I've been addicted to anime ever since.  I didn't have a lot of time to watch too many series while I was in school, but after I graduated I spent a summer job-searching (at my brother's house with ultra high speed internet!) and that definitely helped to up my anime count.  This past year has been pretty good too since my job gives me a lot of free time so I've been able to watch more older animes as well as keep up with some new and current ones.   I haven't done a count recently, but I'd say I'm maybe somewhere around 50 series/movies watched.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fezzle
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007 01:12:17 PM »

The only live action I've ever watched was the Sailor Moon live action series, and I think the anime club was just showing it to make fun of it because it was so cheesy.  But even so, I don't think watching it EVERY WEEK was necessary. 

I don't know how many anime series I've watched totally, but I have about 120 gigs full of anime and about 80 DVDs.
I've only seen PGSM, too. I couldn't finish it though, because it was pretty much Sailor Moon meets Power Rangers on the cheesiness scale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madpimp
Non-Player Character

That's not just pimp, it's MAD pimp.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007 04:20:37 PM »

I totally recommend Hana Yori Dango, Gokusen 1&2, and Nodame Cantabile [though i like the anime better for all of these Smiley ... The LA are still worth watching]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dizzylizzy

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007 04:41:28 PM »

Oh, hana yori dango's live action has been on my to watch list for a while. The only reason I haven't seen it yet is cuz I thought it was made  in Taiwan and had a different name.

while we're recommending things, I would suggest the Nana live action. I love it so much! If nothing else, watch it for the music.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007 09:17:38 PM »

I got the Death Note movies off of discountanimedvd.co m for rather cheap, about $12 each, and they're beautifully cast.  I enjoyed them, but, like the manga, they tend to drag a bit.  They deviate from the manga and the anime a bit, but I enjoyed them and thought they were well done.  I was a bit sat that Near and Mellow weren't in them, though!  I did the first round of this swap and had a wonderful swap angel (my original parner flaked, then deleted her account or something) so I may try this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Copy Scene
Canon G10: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Canon G10: Set for Backlight Scene
Canon G10 Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Canon G10 Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...