A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,449
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Khaki/Cargo(ish) Looking Shorts(and matching top)*edited*  (Read 2229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IonlyTRY2sewYaKnow

And a Fa, La, La to you too, Mister.

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2007 12:13:38 PM »

My daughter wears size 18 in Women's.  Top and bottoms actually.  Well, 16/18 or XL tops and sometimes 16/18 Juniors, but usually what fits her best is an 18W or XL for bottoms
  She goes gaw~gaw over those Khaki looking cargo pants...maybe that's what they call them.  "Cargo" pants? I'm not sure.  Anyway, she really REALLY wanted me to make her these shorts but the pattern only went to size 16(plus the dimensions were way off for her measurements to start with).  She insisted I buy the pattern and just make it bigger than the pattern calls for and wing it(and promised not to be disappointed if it turned out crappy..ha!)  It called for a zipper fly, but I used elastic for the waistline, just because it's so much simpler and I'm not the world's best sewer to begin with.  I don't think it turned out too badly.  She tried them on this morning and they fit her perfectly.  (I must be a much better guesser than I thought).  I have some material left over that I'm going to use in an ATTEMPT to make her a matching top to wear with them.  They look HUGE, and really look much better ON her. I'll have to make her throw them on after school today and snap a photo.  I screwed up when I was doing the pockets so they're not really how they're suppose to be according to the pattern, but they work..heh

<p><p>
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007 04:59:22 PM by IonlyTRY2sewYaKnow - Reason: adding photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's not about the way you pick your nose...it's where you place the booger that counts."
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007 12:35:17 PM »

OOOh they look GOOD   Smiley I bet your daughter will love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
javamama
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007 01:07:17 PM »

Way to go helping your daughter find clothes she likes!  They look great, and I'm sure she feels good in them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananabanana
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007 02:56:43 AM »

how cute is that heart camoflague print!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007 06:06:08 PM »

Love it. Whatever it is you "screwed up," we certainly can't tell! Great colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IonlyTRY2sewYaKnow

And a Fa, La, La to you too, Mister.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007 03:25:43 PM »

Thank you  for the comments.  The shorts, she digs.  She picked that heart camo fabric out herself.  The top looks like it was sewn by a 2nd grader...and...is currently in a sack of scrap material, on the floor of the closet in my sewing room,  waiting to be ripped apart and re-done.  She didn't like the top and refused to wear it...(can't say I blame her, I had to use black thread halfway through because I had run out and it looks crappy at the seams..(and the front looks weird and doesn't hang right...but the top was more experimentation than anything.  I will get to it someday.    Along with the other 50 projects I've started to sew, but never finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's not about the way you pick your nose...it's where you place the booger that counts."
bananabanana
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007 09:26:59 PM »

That happens to me all the time!
I just put it down to experience and chuck any wonky sewing in the cupboard until I can face it again. I just can't bear to throw anything I've made out, even if it is unwearable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 4/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 6/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 11/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 4/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 9/11
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...