A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July Outdoor DIY Wedding - Photo Heavy  (Read 5062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishhead
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007 08:35:50 AM »

normaly, im not a fan of this color scheme becuase i feel like it comes across as so trendy that it'll look awful to everyone 15 years down the road- but this wedding will look fantastic no matter when your looking at it. Everything looks so pollished i bet nobody even thought it was all DIY! It looks like you had a pro do it all! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007 10:46:30 AM »

Everything looks great! You did a wonderful job.

I really like your programs... did you have a template and if so where did you get it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007 06:26:10 PM »

Lovely!  The zoo near me does weddings and I always thought that sounded interesting.  I love the seating card ribbon board very much, the buttons are a great way to remind your guests of your special day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
acceber
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007 07:13:42 PM »

Our guests thought our zoo idea was crazy at first, but they knew it was special to us. The zoo has been a big part of our relationship and my career, so we wanted to celebrate there. We did it after hours in a garden in the zoo, so no animals and no public visitors -- but we did show up early enough to do our photos near the animals and in the exhibits (my favorite is a pun photo of my tux-wearing husband standing next to a penguin!).

I have seen weddings at NYC's Central Park Zoo that were just jaw-droppingly gorgeous, so I was confident that a zoo wedding could be pulled off tastefully.

As for LoriHatesOkra's question about the program, I created it on Microsoft Publisher using their blank trifold template. I'd be happy to email you my file if you'd like to use it as a guide. You can just send me a private message with your email address.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Rebecca
auroraskye

i'll make it to the moon if i have to crawl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007 07:28:00 PM »

Really gorgeous. I love the Zebra touches, that's awesome. Smiley Also the pins are so cool, I used to collect pins myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
disguisedasarussiancadet
DisguisedAsARussianCadet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007 10:43:31 PM »

I love everything! I never realized you could get married in a zoo, that is such an awesome idea!  I'll definitely file that one away for future use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007 12:04:25 PM »

Ok seriously... you rock! Your template was awesome and mine is almost finished now. The only thing I have to do is finish my ceremony to be able to change out the order of stuff in that category. It ended up looking nothing like yours but still rocks and I couldn't have made such an awesome program without yours! I sooooo appreciate that because I felt so lost on where to start and within 2 days it's 99% finished!!

Of course I deleted the names... and I haven't changed the processional song yet since I don't know what mine is but here's what I have so far... thanks to you!!  Grin I really like how you have the picture but we don't have our pictures yet and it gave me room to explain the special things so I may just leave it as is.

Thanks again!!

I guess you can't really read the pictures but it gives you an idea...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007 01:15:53 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007 01:16:25 PM »

Lori, I changed your pictures so people could click them to access the bigger versions & read them.  I hope you don't mind! Smiley

Verrrry pretty!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
acceber
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007 10:55:21 PM »

Great job, Lori! I'm really glad you were able to put our template to use. The border across the three sections will look awesome when it's all folded together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Rebecca
tiffaknee

My kitten, Mr. Meowgi!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009 04:31:00 PM »

I love this idea! I'm planning on using a peacock theme as well, paired with chocolate/espresso brown. Do you still have the template available? I'd love to play around with it if you do! Beautiful wedding, by the way! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Surprising Beauty Uses for Baking Soda
Tips For Full and Voluminous Hair
Twist on French Manicure
Smokey Eye Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - The Fresh Face
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...