A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,045
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elann's pinwheel sweater  (Read 25874 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

queen_gueneviere
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2007 01:44:21 AM »

Thanks again Dulcinea, for all of the great help that you gave me.
I've made some notes for the sleeves, just in case there's a hole when it's time to do that.
Unfortunately, I've got to stop working on it for now. Too bad because I was on the last colour.  Embarrassed
But if I don't stop now, my Xmas knitting won't get done.
I'll try to post a pic. soon of my progress, from before I stopped working on it.
I was soooo anxious to get it done too. Oh well, it'll get done eventually.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2007 04:16:18 AM »

Thanks again Dulcinea, for all of the great help that you gave me.
I've made some notes for the sleeves, just in case there's a hole when it's time to do that.
Unfortunately, I've got to stop working on it for now. Too bad because I was on the last colour.  Embarrassed
But if I don't stop now, my Xmas knitting won't get done.
I'll try to post a pic. soon of my progress, from before I stopped working on it.
I was soooo anxious to get it done too. Oh well, it'll get done eventually.  Roll Eyes

if you're on the last color, I bet you can finish that sweater without too many more hours - seriously - you've seen how fast the sweater part goes, just go around and around - the sleeves will go fast because they're less stitches.  seems to me, it seemed like the twisted i-cord took the longest, only because you only did the 3 stitches at a time.

i'd love to see pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
MairWear
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2007 04:10:22 PM »

Ok guys... I need your help.  I'm new to this KAL but I'm almost finished with the body of the jacket.  However, I'm realizing that the colors may be a little wrong.  Here's what I'm thinking... instead of the bright pink, light purple and tan (which I just started), I should do the pinks from the middle of the jacket and brown (which is the color the sleeves will be).  I'm just not sure I want to rip out those last 2 sections I did!  What do you think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MairWear
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2007 10:26:02 AM »

ok, I decided... I ripped out to the brown and used the other colors below for repeats.  I'm liking it MUCH better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amyb444
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2007 10:06:29 PM »

I cast on for this on Thursday night, and I'm already past the armholes. I'm really happy with how quickly it's been going. Here's a picture for the heck of it, even though it doesn't look much like the real color (which I love).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

queen_gueneviere
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2007 05:53:05 AM »

I love to see pics. of everyone's progress. Everyone is choosing such nice colours.  Grin

MairWear, I love the colours that you chose. Your first and second colours look like the same colours that I used. Although it's a different yarn and, those two colours on mine are near the outer edge.
Then I have a real dark bloodwine kind of colour, as my last colour.
I especially like the brown with the bright pink (colour #5), right beside it.
The two colours look great beside each other.

And amyb444, your colour is sooooo nice too. Only having one colour sure has its' advantages. Your colour looks the same as my winter coat. It's great. I've make a couple of "Panta's" with that colour in it, to go with my coat in the same colour.

I can't wait to see more photos, of other's.    Smiley

And Dulcinea, I'm itching to finish the sweater. But I'm kinda a slow knitter. And so, I've just got to get my Xmas knitting done first.  Embarrassed
I'm knitting quick and small Xmas gifts, in the hopes of getting that done fairly quick.
That way, I can get back to my sweater sooner.   Cheesy
I've made a couple of photos of my progress but, now I've got to put them on the computer.
Hopefully soon.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MairWear
« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2007 01:16:12 PM »

More progress... like I said before... I'm so glad I ripped out.  I like the colors much better!  I have a few inches left of the brown before I BO and start the sleeves!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2007 01:24:11 PM »

Wow, that looks fantastic! I love the color combo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2007 01:24:33 PM »

And Dulcinea, I'm itching to finish the sweater. But I'm kinda a slow knitter. And so, I've just got to get my Xmas knitting done first.  Embarrassed
I'm knitting quick and small Xmas gifts, in the hopes of getting that done fairly quick.
That way, I can get back to my sweater sooner.   Cheesy
I've made a couple of photos of my progress but, now I've got to put them on the computer.
Hopefully soon.

I"m sure your sweater will be beautiful!  We'd love to see pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
amyb444
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2007 08:00:30 PM »

Okay I have a question. On the adult version, it says the following:
"Change to the following pattern:
Purl 1 round.
Knit 1 round.
Repeat these last 2 rounds 3 times.
On the last knit round increase 1 st. every section by knitting into the front and the back of one stitch. Repeat these 6 rounds maintaining the colour change every 18th round."   
Okay, I am reading this I am only increasing on one out of six rounds at this point. I think I'm correct but I wanted to double check since I've been doing increases every other round for so long. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Father of Standup Comedy Wayne Flemming
Chatting With Comedian Jazz Mann
How to Package a Letter with an Inflatable Die
Country Band Rascal Flatts Interview
The Evolution of the Flash Mobs
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...