A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
797 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red Riding Hood (illustration-style painting)  (Read 2358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007 01:53:38 PM »

I'm looking for a title - so far all I've got is Red Riding Hood, which might be a bit boring Tongue Although actually, if anyone has any idea on how to seal the medium (the watercolours on the canvas) I'd be very appreciative! Since it's not what it's for, I think if I were to wet it I could probably move the paint around, still.
Maybe just call it Red. The viewers brain will fill in the rest Cheesy
Yes, the paint would move around if you got it wet...maybe an  acrylic spray sealer (several light coats) would seal it
That was my working title!  Cheesy
Do you mean just a regular spray fixative? The other thing I was thinking was painting on some sort of sealing gloss, but I'm not sure. The problem with spray fixative is that it can change the colours and I'm not sure how it affects watercolours or canvas, let alone them together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007 04:30:30 PM »

I love this picture.  If I was naming it I'd be thinking about what RRH is thinking.  She doesn't look worried or fearful, even though we can see that lurking wolf.  You mightn't even need to mention her "official" name because in our culture the story is so well known.  The expression in her face is wonderful and I'm finding it thought provoking. Congratulations on this lovely piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
sirensrising
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007 04:35:04 PM »

I love this picture.  If I was naming it I'd be thinking about what RRH is thinking.  She doesn't look worried or fearful, even though we can see that lurking wolf.  You mightn't even need to mention her "official" name because in our culture the story is so well known.  The expression in her face is wonderful and I'm finding it thought provoking. Congratulations on this lovely piece.
Thanks so much!  Smiley
(I'm glad you spotted the wolf too  Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
meanderingartist

Gotta love Gary Larson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007 11:33:11 PM »

Do you mean just a regular spray fixative? The other thing I was thinking was painting on some sort of sealing gloss, but I'm not sure. The problem with spray fixative is that it can change the colours and I'm not sure how it affects watercolours or canvas, let alone them together!
It is like a spray fixative, but where that is designed for pencil-chalk and paper there are spray varnishes for paints- a wide assortment at art supply stores. I recommend one that is made by a known art supply manufacture rather than a generic company. This is also available in bottles so you can brush it on. I know brushing and spraying will both work with the canvas- I would be leery of brushing across the watercolor with a sealer- this may smear it before it is sealed where a spray works more gradually and you do not have to saturate the painting- just use several thin coats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC 100 Themes Challenge  13/100
sirensrising
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007 06:16:25 AM »

It is like a spray fixative, but where that is designed for pencil-chalk and paper there are spray varnishes for paints- a wide assortment at art supply stores. I recommend one that is made by a known art supply manufacture rather than a generic company. This is also available in bottles so you can brush it on. I know brushing and spraying will both work with the canvas- I would be leery of brushing across the watercolor with a sealer- this may smear it before it is sealed where a spray works more gradually and you do not have to saturate the painting- just use several thin coats.
Thank you very much! I'll look out for that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cute and Casual Holiday Outfit Tips
Hottest Holiday Party Fashions
How to Personalize Your Own Look
How to Style Your Turtleneck Sweater
How to Wear Sparkle for the Holidays
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...