A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: To Dye For sleeves..... help me please!  (Read 1192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

swshrmuffins
« on: February 26, 2005 02:40:47 PM »

I have started the pattern To Dye For but I am having a problem with the pattern for the sleeves.

CO 41 sts. work even in St st for 4 rows. Dec 1 each side next RS row; *confusing here*  every 6th row 4 times; then every 4th row 2 times-- 27 sts. work even until piece measures 16".

so does this mean...
row 1-4 st st. (p,k,p,k)  row 5: p decrease 1 each side(beg and end of row?)   row 6:k 7:p 8:k 9:p 10:k 11: p dec 1 each side 12:k 13:p 14:k 15:p 16:k 17:p dec 1 each side 18: k 19:p 20:k 21:p 22:k 23:p dec 1 each side 24: k 25: p 26:k 27: p 28:k 29:p dec 1 each side 30: k 31:p 32:k 33:p dec 1 each side 34:k 35:p 36:k 37:p dec 1 each side   then work st st until it reaches 16"Huh?
it seems like it would be right but then I have confused myself so much over this.  Please help.   Huh
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005 06:44:23 PM by swshrmuffins » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluebell116
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005 05:59:58 AM »

Hi there,
I will try to explain it for you, it does seem a little confusing, but here goes.
Knit your 4 rows in stocking stitch, then your next RS row dec 1 st either side, then stocking stitch another 6 rows and dec 1st either side, then stocking stitch another 6 rows and decrease 1st either side again. Then you knit 6 more dec and another 6 dec. So you have knitted 4 blocks of 6 rows. Its the same with the next decrease. When I knitted a row I just marked a line on a piece of paper, I found this easier to understand as I could see how many rows I was knitting.
I really hope this has made it a bit more clearer for you.
Please leave me a message if you need some more help.
H.x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love too knit!
swshrmuffins
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005 07:22:35 AM »

awesome! that's what i started to do just last night, and I finally was right!. And after doing all of the decreases it doesn't quite measure 16" so I keep working even, as in just st st until i reach the 16"correct?  It took me a couple times to write it out but thank you! I can finally finish! I  hope
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluebell116
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005 08:48:25 AM »

Great, I'm glad you understand it a bit better, yes carry on in stocking st until piece measures 16'.
All the best
H.x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love too knit!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Scary Effects in Photoshop
How to create 3D Text in Photoshop
How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop
Photoshop Tutorial - How to Increase Contrast
Photoshop Tutorial - Remove Color
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...