A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Call me stupid but...  (Read 491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

christinaX
« on: August 08, 2007 07:07:13 PM »

Hey guys!!  I hope I don't sound too stupid, but I have been wanting to learn how to knit.  But, I have looked up instructions and books, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind on how the yarn goes or where am I supposed to have my fingers, etc.  I even looked at a wonky kids book and couldn't figure it out. And I have really tried this too.  I seem to be handy with everything else. Sigh.  Has anyone learned how to knit with a cool book or some other technique that you could share?  Like a written for someone who can't seem to knit kinda book?  LOL, and yes, you may laugh at me!   Grin Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mnemosyne_LA
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007 07:09:40 PM »

Honestly, I had to have a real live person show me.  None of the illustrations made sense until I had someone to watch me and show me how to do it.

I took a free class at my local yarn store, if there's one near you.  The big craft stores (like Michael's or Joann) often have cheap classes around $10 or $15.

You can also try the videos at http://www.knittinghelp.com and see if those help you visualize it better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christinaX
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007 07:13:18 PM »

Hey thanks!  You know in my searches, I never came across that site with the video. Thanks so much.  Too bad, I have no one to show me in person, the classes at the craft stores here don't usually have knitting.  Crazy isn't it, but they will show you how to decorate a birdhouse!!  LOL!!  I will certainly check out that site and once again thanks so much  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007 07:40:30 PM »

Another thing you could do is to go to a nursing home, assisted care facility, or church - i bet you'd find some ladies that would be delighted to teach you how to knit! They SO appreciate people showing an interest in them and their skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Guide: Black On Black
Styling Ideas for Winter Boots and Coats
How to Wear a White Slogan T-Shirt
Tips for Pulling Off the Monochromatic Trend
How to Make Your Own Saint Laurent Inspired Chain Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...