A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial for Coffee Dye/Paint  (Read 9621 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Foisty
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008 09:18:12 PM »

I wonder if this would work as a hair rinse
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyhandbags
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008 06:57:28 AM »

It's definitely cheaper than hair dye! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you mix red and blue, you get purple; when you mix blue and yellow, you get green; when you mix all the colors, you get a rainbow!" - wisdom from a five year old

I have an etsy!!!  http://craftybagsetc.etsy.com
theskyturtle
Turtle In The Sky With Diamonds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009 07:40:28 AM »

This is a very nice idea, especially for pattern making. I dyed some cloth before, but without the vinegar rise and it still worked. Next time i will do that and also the heat setting step:)

If you wanna look at my results: http://skyturtle.wordpress.com/2009/01/02/how-to-stain-fabric-with-coffee/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009 08:17:32 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to include specific blog link. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blog about sewing, designing and making your own clothes and accessories: http://skyturtle.net
craftyhandbags
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009 04:39:09 AM »

Great fabric, sky turtle!  I thought for a minute it was just newspaper.  The stain adds a great edge to it, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you mix red and blue, you get purple; when you mix blue and yellow, you get green; when you mix all the colors, you get a rainbow!" - wisdom from a five year old

I have an etsy!!!  http://craftybagsetc.etsy.com
theskyturtle
Turtle In The Sky With Diamonds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009 12:14:27 PM »

Thank you for your words craftyhandbags:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blog about sewing, designing and making your own clothes and accessories: http://skyturtle.net
arrhythmia
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010 11:17:11 AM »

I love this...you did and awesome job and the tute is amazing. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

petunya
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011 01:15:53 PM »

Very cool!  Cool
Now I have a new project to try this weekend....yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing is my therapy.
peppe1978
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013 10:25:43 AM »

hello, i past the weekend getting fun bleaching and paiting some clothing... i uses tie/dye technic to bleach an old 501 levi's dark blue jeans, then i put them in the coffee for 2 hours... now i have to ironing the pants and then i want to brush this coffee paint in the top and the bottom parts... now the efect is so cool, tomorrow i will use the coffee paint... i will tell u about the results... i put some curry in water and i make it boil, i had a sauce very thicky i think i will paint a t-shirt but if it is too much thick may i add some vinager to make it more liquid? and i used the red wine to coloured a linen white shirt (GAS) doing some shadows the efect is so nice but to add a plain colour surface on the top may i use beet sauce, do u know the right process? thanks a lot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlenaSelene
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013 10:02:33 AM »

Very cool!!

Many years ago someone gifted me a set of 100% polyester curtains, in harsh, blinding white. I was wearing a coffee stained t-shirt at the time, and I thought, if coffee can stain by accident, let's see what happens if I stain these curtains intentionally. So I made two pots of extra dark brew and dropped the curtains in overnight. The next day I pulled them out and washed them in cool water and dried them in the dryer. They came out a lovely, mottled off-white color, and the color stuck for years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlenaSelene
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013 10:07:46 AM »

Ooooooohhhhhh! Cheesy My mom and i love coffee, we have a ton given to us ... thats flavored and cheap so it doesnt taste good, would flavored coffee work too? Sure it would right? ..... thinking of ideas....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the clutch too! Its gorgeous!!

I don't see why not.  The flavor doesn't usually add any color to the drink, so I don't think it should alter the color of the dye.  Let me know!
Thanks!  I love the clutch, too.  It'll be hard to part with, but I can always make more!!!

No color is usually not added to coffee drinks, but flavored coffees might contain sugars or milk solids that will make the fabric sticky unless it's washed out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film History Biography of Ron Mann
Film History Biography of Sam Raimi
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 2/2
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 1/2
The Film Lab - Genre Jam: The Universal Monsters
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...