A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Smudges, bane of my existance  (Read 547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« on: August 07, 2007 07:11:11 PM »

So I've just started stencilling a tshirt as a present for my boyfriend, but I've already got two small green smudges on the off-white/grey shirt. Help?

Firstly, is there anything that'll remove it? I didn't want to try as they're quite small and I don't want to spread them and smudge even more, but if you have any tips, please share. They're probably already dry since they're so small though.

I'm using Deka Permanent fabric paint (like this). You're supposed to iron it on the opposite side for three minutes when it's dry - I haven't done this yet, if it makes any difference.

Other options are, I guess, finding an acrylic match (which will be so impossible because of the shirt colour, and probably look terrible because of it too) and painting over it, or making the smudges into small designs (which would probably ruin my big design). On that note, anyone have any Link (old-skool SNES) related small designs I could do?

I can't afford to start again (the shirt cost 7.50 and the tiny paint pots cost 2.50 each) and I don't have the time either. Any help is MUCH appreciated. I'm really crestfallen, I wanted to make him a really nice, professional-looking present  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
kianee
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007 02:24:29 PM »

I have a good and a bad thing to tell you:

* The bad thing is, Deka paint holds out many washes even without ironing

* The good thing is your boyfriend is never going to notice them in the overall awesomeness of your present Smiley It doesn't have to be perfect to be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007 03:10:56 PM »

I have a good and a bad thing to tell you:

* The bad thing is, Deka paint holds out many washes even without ironing

* The good thing is your boyfriend is never going to notice them in the overall awesomeness of your present Smiley It doesn't have to be perfect to be appreciated.
Thank you! I've actually finished it now (mostly, I still have a few concerns) and the smudges and imperfections aren't too bad, I hope! I hope he will like it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pickled Vegetables for a Japanese Bento Box
Slow Food Fast: Dal with Poached Eggs, Cilantro and Yogurt
How to Make Rainbow Sushi Rolls
How to Make Kung Pao Shrimps
How to Make Raita Yogurt
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...