So my husband got me a cute vanity but it didn't come with a seat. We had a stool that fit great as far as height and everything, except for one thing, it was an ugly stool that didn't match. So i decided to make a cover for it.
Thinking of how to do it took a bit over 2 days to think about. I didnt draft or mock one, i just cut out a circle a bit bigger than the stool seat, folded the fabric around the circle then sewed to get that pleated look.
I didn't have enough fabric for it to touch the floor like i wanted so it looked like the stool was wearing a skirt. I was going to tie a bow with some left over material around the middle of the stool but it didn't look too great. So I thought a bit more and decided to join the corners together for a neater look and this is what i came up with:
ok so the original isn't that ugly but it just didn't match...BeforeAfter
Overall i would say it took me 4 Hours to complete, the needle broke because i accidently sewed over a pin holding the fabric. The fabric is pretty thick too, like drapes so it took me some time to troubleshoot those things. I think its Ok and i see where i would make improvements next time.