A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,952
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2007)?  (Read 31754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2007 02:04:58 PM »

OK - now that we are in the home stretch, here is the final listing:

Sweater for SIL - done
celtic star/beaded snowflake ornaments - 7 to go - but have enough now for everyone - so done
beaded bookmarks - done
jellies/preserves/various pickles - done
painted pots - done and ready to be made into baskets
apple tea and chai tea mixes - done
gingerbread cake - 7 loaves done
cranberry loaves - 6 done
poppyseed loaves - 2 done
almond roca - 3 batches done
unicorn canisters - done
beaded spiral necklace - done

Not finished:
star and moon mobile for baby next door
baby afghans - two
photo collages for MIL, sister and mom (a couple of pictures waiting to be picked up at developers)
the baskets - still have to bake some cookies
Felt gingerbread men
some chainmail jewelry (well - finished some, but decided not to give them this year yet)
some crocheted snowmen and reindeer ornaments

Never started:
some beaded snowflake necklaces
baby sweaters
stuffed chihuahua
beaded wreaths
bath sets
pine cone fire starters
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
dancingrabbit
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2007 09:00:13 AM »

Somebody tell me to get off the computer and back to sewing!!  I'm nowhere near being done.  Aaaaaaaah!

7 nieces and nephews  = pajama pants, a fleecy pocket-blanket-pillow thing, and for the baby?  No idea as I just found out she hates wearing hats.  Hmm.  2 pairs pants finished, 4 to go, plus the as-yet-undecided gift.  What do you get for the 1-year-old who has everything?

Brother - more pajama pants and an afghan for his new apartment. (stalled out and won't be finished for Christmas.   Sad )

Mom - more pajamas.  a wreath.  repair of a quilted pillow I made her a few years ago.   Huh

Dad -  Huh

SIL - zipper pouch filled with scrapbooking supplies

BIL - kitty condom beds for their three cats

MIL - zipper pouch filled with  Huh - maybe sewing supplies (needles, etc)  Is that a lame idea?  Maybe a tote bag.  Her favorite tea bags.  A couple DVDs.

FIL - vanilla taffy and finishing an ongoing project for his radio station.

secret sister - patchwork scarf

spouse - no idea.

I am doing very badly this year!  So far I have nearly everything cut out, but it's in a huge pile waiting to be actually sewn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queen lila
royalty crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2007 03:07:13 AM »

this is the first year i'm making stuff and i have to say i started a bit late...like...YESTERDAY!so i'm making crochet slippers for nearly everyone!big hook+double yarn=quick!

and plus if i don't get them done in time, well, tough luck i guess!
i refuse to stress out about it!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2007 12:58:59 PM »

Yippee!  I am ALL DONE with family presents and I only have 2 more friend presents!  The end is in sight!  Here is a picture while I was wrapping today...It is a lot more than it looks like in the picture since I had all the shirts piled on top of each other, etc.  This is about 1/2 of what I made - the other half was already wrapped  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2007 03:13:52 PM »

Excellent haul mimiw! I am going to take a photo of my efforts this year too, for posterity and so I can pat myself on the back for overcoming the procrastination monster. Boy does he bite hard  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2007 04:36:00 PM »

Looks great mimiw! Smiley

Here's my redone list of things I'm making, with things that are going to be/have been bought in brackets!

DAD:
- Black "leather" stocking (actual vinyl that looks like leather), biker style, with silver studs
- Brain Age sort of book (like the Nintendo DS game with brain puzzles, but compiled of puzzles I find on the internet and put together nicely!)
(BOUGHT items: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance Book & Spotlight Visors for motorcycle)

MOM:
- Sparkly Tea Pot Notecards
- Peruvian agate wire bracelet from the Shop the Swap
(BOUGHT items: Softy Robe, "Eat Pray Love" Book)

SISTER: 
- Cherries sleep mask (fabric is cut!)
- Long wallet in desserts fabric (fabric is almost cut! Using my own wallet as a template... phew!), with a PMC cupcake charm from Shop the Swap - (BOUGHT items: Paris (photo) box [from craft show!], nice black sweater [from thrift store!])

HOME FRIENDS $30 GIFT EXCHANGE:
"Hot Night Out in a Box" --> need to wrap it in pink and black, and make up cute sayings on cards for each item
 - so far: (earrings, lip gloss, buttons with a 4-leaf clover and a horseshoe from Shop the Swap, post-night-out journal, gum, nice smelling lotion)
- other stuff: -make: PMC hand mirror; clutch purse (or buy?)
                   - purchase: condom.., little black book... something else?

SCHOOL FRIENDS' MUG GIFTS
- with thrifted mugs and a themed little gift, handmade hot chocolate, and hand-chocolate dipped spoons
Done and given out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2007 09:13:09 PM »

I got a LOT done tonight! Of course, I'm not making for that many people. Some of my plans changed too. I rented a glass kiln so I made some fused stuff for people.  This is what I made that I have done so far.
Mom- dichrotic butterfly pendant, lavender rice bag for her eyes, butterfly "assemblege" from some old butterly pins
Dad- Corn pillow
Sister- "grow your own bottle bush kit"- rebar & vases to make a bottle bush, corn pillow, lavender eye pillow, arm warmers are 1/2 done!
Sister in law- fused glass pendent & suncather type thingy
Co-workers- bags filled with candy..... ungrateful jerks
Friends- some are getting corn bags, some glass- some nothing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VaxGirl
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2007 09:20:11 AM »

Ok kittens, I am (mostly) done!  Phew!  I was in a panic last week, but this week calm prevails.

Shawl for my SIL, the pattern is from Lion Brand and the yarn in Lion Brand Homespun.  Great pattern and worked up really quickly.  Aprons for my nieces from some hideously wonderful antler-wearing alligator fabric that I found in the thrift shop.  Also a bunch of lavender sachets.

Mountain of fleece hats.  The idea was from Martha Stewart, they are very easy and fast and it's fun to work with fleece.  The tiny one is for our family cabbage patch doll that is about 30 years old.  Yes, we're a weird family.  Washcloth and bath mitt sets.  I still have some ends to weave in.

Striped socks for my brother and green ones for the SIL.  Cable socks for the husband probably won't get done for Christmas.  The stripy thing at the left is a necktie for the husband.  It's self striping sock yarn.  I still have a bit to do, but I should be able to finish it.  Arm warmers for my niece.

Not pictured are fleece boxers for the husband, not one of my best ideas, sigh.  I also made an identical shawl in hot pink that I was going to give my SIL, but about 3/4 of the way through it I realized most people probably don't love that color.  So I went out and got the brown.  I'll give her both and maybe she can donate one to the chemo center.  I also made her a tote bag from some Elvis fabric I came across at Wal Mart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yorkielover8
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2007 11:27:24 AM »

Mom: Tweety mat (almost done) and ornaments
Dad: Wallet and pillow
Nan 1: Apron
Nan 2: Apron
Auntie: Apron
Megan: Nightgown and Sasuke doll (started)
Courtney: Craft kit and penguin plush
Jenna: DS case and DS game holder and something store bought
Darian: Bracelet kit and Narwhal plush (not started)
Victoria: Book (Store bought) and heart pillow (not started)
Angelica: Nightgown and purse (Not started)

***Everybody on this list also gets a stocking ornament with candy in it*** (almost done)

More stuff crossed off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yorkielover8
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2007 01:35:49 PM »

Finally! I'm almost done! I just have to give the Sasuke doll a face, hair and clothes, then i'm done that. Then I have to finish the Tweety mat and i'm done- until next Christmas!  Smiley (And sadly, i'm not going to finish the stockings, none of my friends will get them, everyone else will though... I'm mean, I know. I'm just too lazy to finish them.  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Personal Perfume
4 Crazy Reasons You Get Wrinkles
9 Beauty Hacks That Will Change Your Life
Our Favorite Summer Foundations
Lilash Purified Eyelash Serum Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...