A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2007)?  (Read 30243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ryepie
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2007 11:52:14 AM »

finished the apron...should probably be working on the ones that need to be done first though, hey?  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2007 07:15:55 PM »

Another Update:

Mom: Beaded Photo Bracelet (Need to print out photos)

MIL: Tuscany Shawl from NSFY Done!

Sister: Knit Blanket + Pillow (Started & Stalled - don't think the blanket will be done in time)

Gramma: Tuscany (yarn that I ordered for the vest didn't work out, so I'm going with this instead - Started)

Aunt: Counterpoint Scarf from MagKnits (done!)

SIL&BIL: ornaments Done!

SIL2: Beaded Photo Bracelet (need to buy purple or pink replacement beads, print out photos and get wrist measurement)

Dad: One pair of socks, and an IOU for a second pair (90% done! Should be finished by mid-day tomorrow!)

All sets/singles of grandparents/parents: Hand print ornaments from my son, and possibly from my daughter as well (need to find clay somewhere - seriously - when did this get to be such a hard item to find?! Doing to have to go to the art supply store downtown - they'll HAVE to have some)

Son: Stroller sized Taggy blanket (Done!) and a small-ish matching taggy blanket, but crinkly in the middle (ribbon is cut, need to locate cello wrap *in the closet somewhere* and the rest of the red flannel *in a bin in the storage locker*)

Hubby:Socks (One sock done)

Here's a pic of the blanket for anyone who's interested (the red is flannel, and the paw print is polar fleece) :
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007 08:42:49 PM by greenapples » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
kestrel5287
I like exclamation points

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2007 01:54:26 AM »

does anyone know, is it really difficult to make homemade jams and jellies?  I thought those would be good in baskets and I think you can make them kind of in bulk, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Touches - http://Krystal.canduru.com
kristianne88

Skulls & Leopard Print... How Could U Go Wrong?

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2007 03:49:33 AM »

I was going to try and make strawberry jam, but my mum told me it's a bit difficult and you have to go it to the perfect temperature so it will set properly. Plus I went to buy the strawberries are they were like $6 a punnent. I had already bought the jars, so I just bought store jam and put it into the jars. The Grandma's will never have to know!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2007 04:48:16 AM »

does anyone know, is it really difficult to make homemade jams and jellies?  I thought those would be good in baskets and I think you can make them kind of in bulk, right?

I made simple simple simple jellies using store bought juice blends.  I have done so a few times in the past with juice blends, wine, etc and they have been popular.  This year I did 4 different juices - blueberry, pomegranate, 5-berry, and a mulled cranberry (boiled the cranberry juice with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger), and did two savoury jellies, a red onion, and a hot pepper.  I have the recipes I used on my blog.  They used store bought liquid pectin, so they set easily (and the jellies had a very firm set).

Let me find the link to them, they were recipes I used from Bernardins (the Canadian equivalent to Ball, I think they are the same company now) and Martha Stewart:

http://onyxnox.blogspot.com/2007/11/lots-to-catch-up-with.html

They are labour intensive in terms of cleaning, and boiling the jars, processing them, and cleaning up any sticky mess.  The actual process of making the jelly is very simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
yorkielover8
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2007 07:03:56 AM »

I'm gonna be busy with crafting! It's the 1st December already!!!  Shocked

Mom- Latch hook Christmas Tweety mat (In progress) + Christmas ornaments (Done, but I might add more)  Tongue  Cheesy
Dad- Toronto Maple Leafs pillow (Done, but it sucks) + Toronto Maple Leafs wallet (Not started  Smiley  Sad
Nan R- Elvis apron (Done)  Cheesy
Nan P- Print apron (Not started and still need material)  Sad
Pop R- I don't know, but he likes Popeye (Help?)  Undecided
Pop P- I don't know, but he has a vegetable garden (Help?)  Undecided
Auntie- Print apron (Not started and still need material)  Sad
Friends- Too busy to craft for, the're getting store bought stuff. (Not started)  Sad

I'm one busy woman this Christmas!  Sad
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007 02:54:37 PM by yorkielover8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2007 07:04:08 PM »

Popeye - how about that bearded facemask that was on Craft magazine's blog not too long ago? LOL I'm just kidding, that's not real practical. The only thing I can think of is making a coffee cup holder or something and stenciling or painting on it - heck, there's even a popeye cross stitch pattern out there if you know how to do that.

One of the most useful things I have in my garden is called a dibbler - you use it to plant seeds in the soil. If you google it there's tons of them out there. If you or someone you know can work with metal, they're really simple to make - a metal cone with a handle, essentially. Otherwise, any kind of pocketed something or another to hold gardening tools is always handy.

Hopefully that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2007 10:34:35 PM »

Heehee, I'm late to the game, but I have been crafting for Christmas!  I've been loving all the great ideas.  I'm socking some of them away for various birthdays coming up. Smiley

Daughter: crocheted TMNT done and Splinter and some store bought toys.  She wants a guitar and I don't think I'm up for making that quite yet.

Hubby, etc.: something with our daughter's face on it, thinking of etching a glass mug with her face. esp since seeing the awesome unicorn containers.  If this works then it might become THE present for my mom, sis, and bro. They love her to bits and loved their photo mugs of her before.  Otherwise I'm thinking of a calender with pics of the family for each of them.  I'll be supplementing with some store bought gifts here too.

Co-workers/friends: Homemade cookies...some maybe decorated by my daughter.  She's famous for her heavily sprinkled cupcakes around the office.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristianne88

Skulls & Leopard Print... How Could U Go Wrong?

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2007 11:06:34 PM »

oh my god I can't beleive that I'm 2 things away from finishing all my xmas crafts! Now ifr only I cant have my digital camera that I'm getting for xmas early so I can take pics of it all...

Mum -
Shopping Tote
Glasses square-bottomed pouch
Apron
Homemade Coffee Liqueur

Dad -
Sauces for BBQ displayed in Corona bottles
Apron
Homemade Coffee Liqueur

Hubby -
Messenger Bag
Toiletries square-bottomed bag
Reconned Shirt
Resized Shirt
2 Neckerchiefs

Sister -
Jordy Bag
Toiletries square-bottomed bag
Glasses Case
Homemade Coffee Liqueur
Phone charm
Napkins and napkin rings

Sister in Law (it's her birthday too) -
Bowling Bag
Marble Magnets
Guitar pick bracelet
Hair barette
Napkins and napkin rings
Decoupaged glass candle holder
Apron
Purse
Earrings
Record bowls

Mother in Law -
Decoupaged Plate
Marble Magnets
Shopping Tote

Father in Law -
Glasses Pouch
Bible cover with in built bookmarks
Buscuits and chocolate covered pretzels
Toiletries square-bottomed pouch

Grandma 1 & 2 -
Jam
Marble Magnets
Magnet Pegs
Shopping tote
Glasses Pouch

Few I'm glad that's all done. I have a few extra things I'm giving too, but they are store bought.
I'll update once I get my new camera.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 03:56:52 PM by kristianne88 - Reason: Just crossed all the stuff off that i've done » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkielover8
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2007 07:47:19 AM »

Popeye - how about that bearded facemask that was on Craft magazine's blog not too long ago? LOL I'm just kidding, that's not real practical. The only thing I can think of is making a coffee cup holder or something and stenciling or painting on it - heck, there's even a popeye cross stitch pattern out there if you know how to do that.

One of the most useful things I have in my garden is called a dibbler - you use it to plant seeds in the soil. If you google it there's tons of them out there. If you or someone you know can work with metal, they're really simple to make - a metal cone with a handle, essentially. Otherwise, any kind of pocketed something or another to hold gardening tools is always handy.

Hopefully that helps!

Thanks! I can't cross stitch, but I can try to find a plain white mug and paint Pop Eye on it!  Kiss

No one in my family works with metal... Me and my mom are the only crafty people in our house. I do a bunch of stuff and my mom paints. (She buys wood shaped as objects and paints them.)

Well, another thing my pop P likes is hunting and fishing. What about that?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hottest Show Trends From New York Fashion Week
Fashion Week Detail Camera: Winter Wear - Fall 2014
Tips for Shopping at Forever 21
What Is a Skort?
How to Dress in 90s Vintage Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...