A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2007)?  (Read 30605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2007 09:56:14 AM »

Okay, I saw that beautiful shawl by greenapples and went "wow! I can't believe other people are also starting to think about the holidays!"

Here's my list this year:

Mom   Already purchased B&BW stuff, plus her birthday hat I owe her  Cry
Mom-in-law  Already purchased B&BW stuff
Dad no idea!
Dad-in-law some kind of motorcycle gear, since he races them
Grandma-in-law thinking slippers, since she just moved into a "facility"
BFF thinking some Lorna's Laces or some other really nice yarn, since she works in a yarn store and can get the easy stuff herself.

Small, but intimidating enough for me since I'm used to doing just my immediate family, but the grandparents asked for stuff this year, and you can't get gifts for one and not the other...

Changes -
Sister in law - a stenciled tshirt with the face of Jack Bauer
Brother - wants scented candles to cover up his roommate's ferret smell Done!

Okay, so I should update some, since I altered my list a bit Smiley

Grandpa - a homemade dibbler by my future BFF in law , and a scarf and hat Done! (and the hat's almost done)
Grandma - just the armwarmers, after talking w/Grandpa - and its half done already!
Husband - a homemade coffee roasting kit with a popcorn popper, 8 sampler packs of coffee and a thermometer Done!
Dad - some new ties that I learned to make in sewing class Done!
Grandma in law - got her an OTT-Lite after finding out she likes to cross stitch Done!
BFF - still a big question mark, but I'm thinking if I can master this spinning thing a bit better, she may get some handspun to play with. Or a spinning kit. I'm not sure!

My sister in law is still the #1 problem child on my list. I was thinking of doing a tshirt for her, but then the MIL told me she doesn't like to wear them. So...I'm back to square one. Maybe I'll make her some mittens or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
nimblefingers
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2007 01:54:36 PM »

boyfriend:
tartan hoodie, mini knit heart, handmade wallet, clock, lovers mitten?, these cute candle holders

mom:
apron, lace scarf, mini knit stocking

sister:
bangle bracelets, knit purse, calendar

dad:
calendar, flippy wallet

friend:
ipod case

boyfriend's mom:
knit oven mitts, knit market bag, mini knit stocking

grandma:
knit felted bowls

some other random ideas:

granny square coin purse
cute soap and knit loofah and washcloth
bandana tote bag
yoga mat bag
lion washcloth
legwarmers
crochet skull
crochet slippers
knit argyle pillow
knit christmas ornament dishcloth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2007 02:20:17 PM »

Husband - a homemade coffee roasting kit with a popcorn popper, 8 sampler packs of coffee and a thermometer Done!

I am intrigued by this homemade coffee roasting kit with a popcorn popper.  I would love to know more about this if you don't mind, you can just PM me about it if you want.  My husband and all the men in his family are all coffee junkies and my husband is really into doing stuff like this himself, now that we are buying a house he is really excited about having the space to make his own cheeses and brew his own beer (so this would be right up his alley!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2007 06:15:08 PM »

I am intrigued by this homemade coffee roasting kit with a popcorn popper.  I would love to know more about this if you don't mind, you can just PM me about it if you want.  My husband and all the men in his family are all coffee junkies and my husband is really into doing stuff like this himself, now that we are buying a house he is really excited about having the space to make his own cheeses and brew his own beer (so this would be right up his alley!)

Yes! My husband is the exact same way! I bought him a stovetop popcorn popper since we don't have a wok or an air popper, and then bought a coffee sampler and vacuum bags at Sweet Marias (http://www.sweetmarias.com/). They have the whole library of how to do it and all the supplies. All I had to do other than that was download a PDF and I laminated it for what could potentially be very messy  Grin

A girl over at Ravelry told me about it - you should totally do it! And if you don't, Bust magazine this month has a great section on what you need to brew your own beer.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2007 07:57:42 PM »

Thank you times a billion, you have no idea.  I am so excited about this, I want to go ahead and get it all for him for Christmas, but since we are moving next month (and buying a house, so trying not to spend too much extra $$) and I already bought him a Christmas present I am going to have to hold off until his birthday in May.

I will have to check out Bust magazine too!  Where can I pick that up?  I don't ever look at magazine sections anywhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2007 08:48:14 PM »

I will have to check out Bust magazine too!  Where can I pick that up?  I don't ever look at magazine sections anywhere...

I found it at Barnes and Noble - if I hadn't been doing a swap I wouldn't have discovered it either! Great magazine (I told her I just had to read it before swapping it to her!  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2007 11:42:28 AM »

There are only a few things to finish up (3 I think, a stenciled tshirt for a friend, some curtains for my dad, and duvet cover for my brother) and a few things I have decided to put on hold (shirts for the hubby and album for my son, we are moving in January, so I think I will just wait until we are settled into our FIRST house (so exciting!), they won't know either way). 
I am also thinking I might make some video game shrinky dink keyring charms or magnets for my BILs, since the shrinky dinks I made today were so quick to make (I love the printable shrinky plastic), but I am going to see what my husband thinks first, since he is in charge of their real gifts).

Husband - 2 Button Down Collared Shirts (these are going to end up being put on hold), KC Chiefs & UNC Coffee Cozies, Grocery Bag, Psych mug (store bought)

Son (2years) - 3 Pairs Flannel PJs, Family Photo Album (w/ printable fabric pictures & iron-on vinyl) (this is also being put on hold due to the fact that no one will send me photos!), Crayola Magnetic Double Easel (store bought)

Mom (also birthday)- Foot Pillow (store bought), Flannel Reversible Hooded Coat (this is half done, it was supposed to be for last year), Shrinky Dink Magnet Photo w/ Card, Grocery Bag, Crocheted "fabric yarn" bowl, knitting needle roll,

Dad - Shrinky Dink Ornament Photo w/ Card, Grocery bag, vinyl UGA coasters, curtains for "man" room (waiting for fabric)

Step"mom" - Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, Notebook covers

Younger Brother - Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, Apron, Joy of Cooking cookbook (bought)

Older Brother - Sheepskin Rug (IKEA-storebought), Grocery Bag, Duvet Cover (waiting on measurements, been waiting for more than 2 weeks now! arg)

MIL - Shrinky Dink Magnet Photo w/ Card, Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, crocheted scarf (requested)

FIL - Shrinky Dink Ornament Photo w/ Card (w/ MIL), Grocery Bag, crocheted scarf (requested)

BIL 1 - Grocery Bag, (husband taking care of rest of gift)

BIL 2 - Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, (husband taking care of rest of gift)

Friend 1 (F) - Marble Magnets, Pocket Tissue Pouch , Grocery Bag, Gray Crocheted Kitty Ear Hat (requested)

Friend 2 (F) - Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, stenciled tshirt (need a clever/funny english major/teacher saying)

Friend 3 (F)- Marble Magnets, Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, Crocheted Panta, Amigurumi, a little something bought

Friend 4 (F)- Marble Magnets, Pocket Tissue Pouch, Grocery Bag, Crocheted Neckwarmer, Fabric headbands (x3)

Friend 4 Husband - Grocery Bag for lunch bag,

Friend 4 Daughter (9years?)- Pocket Tissue Pouch, Crocheted Cupcake Scarf, Fabric Headbands

Friend 5 (M) - Brain Bowl & Tumbler (etsy traded), Marble Magnets, Grocery Bag

Brother Girlfriend - Marble Magnets, Pocket Tissue Pouch, (bought) Hello Kitty PJs, Grocery Bag, Crocheted hat

Husband's Paternal Grandparents - Shrinky Dink Ornament Photo w/ Card

Husband's Maternal Grandparents - Shrinky Dink Ornament Photo w/ Card

Maternal Grandma - Shrinky Dink Ornament Photo w/ Card

Links to pictures
Flannel coat - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=212405.0
FIL scarf - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211804.0 (the black one)
Crocheted hat - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143420.msg2292017#msg2292017
UGA coasters - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213336.0

I completely forgot to take photos of the shrinky dink photo magnets and ornaments, because I was just so anxious to get them done and in their envelopes.  I will try to remember to get a picture of at least an ornament on my inlaws tree when we see them next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2007 08:28:44 AM »

Another Update:

Mom: Beaded Photo Bracelet (Need to print out photos) Doing this for her birthday instead - bought her stuff for an indoor herb garden instead

MIL: Tuscany Shawl from NSFY Done!

Sister: Knit Blanket + Pillow (Started & Stalled - blanket won't be done in time - she knows and is totally ok with it)

Gramma: Tuscany (65% done)

Aunt: Counterpoint Scarf from MagKnits (done!)

SIL&BIL: ornaments Done!

SIL2: Beaded Photo Bracelet (need to buy purple or pink replacement beads, print out photos and get wrist measurement)

Dad: One pair of socks, and an IOU for a second pair Done!

All sets/singles of grandparents/parents: Hand print ornaments from my son, and possibly from my daughter as well (doing tomorrow)

Son: Stroller sized Taggy blanket and a small-ish matching taggy blanket, but crinkly in the middle Done!

Hubby:Socks (One sock and a bit done)

Daughter: PJ Pants Done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
yorkielover8
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2007 01:39:34 PM »

I've got a sorta new crafting Christmas list.

Mom: Tweety mat (almost done) and Ornaments
Dad: Wallet and Pillow
Nan 1: Apron
Nan 2: Apron
Auntie: Apron (not started)
Megan: Nightgown (store bought) and Sasuke doll (started)
Courtney: Craft kit and Penguin plush (not started)
Jenna: DS case and DS game holder and something I havn't thaught of yet (Store bought)
Darian: Bracelet kit (store bought and Narwhal plush (not started)
Victoria: Book (Store bought) and Edward doll (started)
Angelica: Nightgown and purse (Not started)

***Everybody on this list also gets a stocking ornament with candy in it*** (almost done)

And, on top of that I got mid terms in January so i'm gonna be really busy! Sad
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007 01:41:32 PM by yorkielover8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yorkielover8
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2007 01:42:48 PM »

I'm almost done! Yay! Ohhhhh! This is my 200th post, yay!!!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Philippa Gregory on the Depiction of Women
Mem Fox Reads from Hello Baby
Becca Fitzpatrick Talks About Hush, Hush
Mark Bittman Talks About Kitchen Express
Ru Freeman Talks About A Disobedient Girl
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...